Who is the Strongest Final Boss? (Lore-Wise)

Strongest Final Boss  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Strongest Final Boss? (Lore-Wise)

• Fire Dragon
    • Fomortiis (Demon King)
    • Medeus
    • Ashnard
    • Ashera
    • Grima
    • Anankos
    • Idenn
    • Garon
    • Takumi (Possessed)
    • Veld
    • Duma

Ashera.

Many of these bosses are ancient, powerful dragons (Medeus, Fire Dragon, Idenn, Hydra, Grima) or humans with exceptional power (Garon, Ashnard), with Fomortiis standing out as neither (but closer to the first group). However, Ashera is literally a goddess. Even though Grima is worshipped as a god, Naga clarifies that he is just a very powerful dragon. Ashera, though, was a being (presumably) around since Tellius's creation, with the power to turn almost everyone on the continent into stone, and then reanimate some of them as Goddess-appointed Golden super soldiers.

Also, you're missing a few final bosses: Duma (a Dark God from Gaiden), Julius (Dark Prince possessed by Loptyr in Genealogy), and Veld (Dark Bishop of Loptyr in Thracia). Incidentally, I would rank Duma just after Ashera, since he's also a god (though I don't know the full extent of his power, having not played Gaiden).

Ashera literally turns everything on the planet to stone and required Yune's aide to take down. She wanted to destroy the world and recreate it, and had the means to do so easily.

So yeah, there's basically no contest here.

Edit: Why is this here over general FE...?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Ashera.

Many of these bosses are ancient, powerful dragons (Medeus, Fire Dragon, Idenn, Hydra, Grima) or humans with exceptional power (Garon, Ashnard), with Fomortiis standing out as neither (but closer to the first group). However, Ashera is literally a goddess. Even though Grima is worshipped as a god, Naga clarifies that he is just a very powerful dragon. Ashera, though, was a being (presumably) around since Tellius's creation, with the power to turn almost everyone on the continent into stone, and then reanimate some of them as Goddess-appointed Golden super soldiers.

Also, you're missing a few final bosses: Duma (a Dark God from Gaiden), Julius (Dark Prince possessed by Loptyr in Genealogy), and Veld (Dark Bishop of Loptyr in Thracia). Incidentally, I would rank Duma just after Ashera, since he's also a god (though I don't know the full extent of his power, having not played Gaiden).

Nothing to add tbh

admittedly i haven't played all of these games (never finished 6 or 8 or played revelation) but ashera is pretty obviously the answer among the rest

Edited by maybe

Grima seems like he's the closest to Ashera. It's true that Naga seems to indicate that the dragon "gods" are not true gods, but Grima still seems to have incredible destructive power.

I still think it's Ashera though. Even Dheginsea comes across as more powerful than many final FE villains IMO.

I don't really have a read on Doma.

I agree that Dheginsea already feels on par with the likes of Medeus; in fact, he's almost a "lawful" version of such. Even his stat build feels awfully reminiscent of the tanky dragon final boss like Medeus and the Fire Dragon.

Ashera's the strongest I'm aware of lore-wise (I can't comment on Duma at all), Grima is probably second just due to the explicit devastation he is shown to cause, which puts him above the rest of the class to me. Anankos/Fomortiis are also in the conversation; certainly the games sell me that them returning to power would be A Bad Thing, at least.

Ashera, like many said before, it's a goddess with power of creation, she's pretty much the strongest.

She's so strong, that only Ike, blessed by Yune, can kill her, it's even a gameplay mechanic.

In second, I would either Grima ot Fomortiis. They are both pretty pretty powerful, and even though we don't get to see Fomortiis real power, his own lifeless corpse, the final boss if FE8, is already incredibly powerful. And the mere presence of his remains cursed an entire forest.

Fomortiis alive would be even more powerful.

Shouldn't this thread be on General Fire Emblem?

Edited by Water Mage

I'm surprised anyone voted for the Fire Dragon, considering from Elibe alone Idoun would be stronger (Her general patheticness gameplaywise aside)... Actually, most entries on this list are probably stronger than FE7's Fire Dragon, considering there's nothing to set him (her? Does that dragon even have a specified gender?) apart from other dragons or put him/her on another level from them.

Ashera, though Anankos is pretty close, being the closest to a dragon god we get.

Why is Anankos not on the poll though?

Hydra is Anankos' Japanese name. Maybe it's because the OP is still used to the Fates Japanese names.

Ashera is clearly the strongest one(turns everything to stone, needs a special sword to kill, can only be beaten with the help of her other half)

Doma is a close second since he can do all of the above minus turning shit to stone.

Ashera in terms of what we've seen in-game. Anankos might be more powerful considering that everything we see him doing in-game is after having deliberately weakened himself, but that requires too much speculation.

Does Apotheosis!Anna count? o3o

Extremely high stats, 65% activation of Aether which is easily the best player-acquirable skill in Fire Emblem... period, halved damage from having dragon skin somehow (damn those sneaky merchants making raggedy-looking clothing from the scales of a dragon), always goes first, and also if your too close she returns the damage you just did to her in full.

Meanwhile, Ashera is... probably able to just think you out of existence. I don't think Counter can do much for being thought out of existence.

Just so you know, I half consider Anankos to be non-canon, and Grima as well, because f*ck, bad writing, huge ass plot devices and outrealm BS out of nowhere. Or pretty much anything done for no purposes.

Which is ironic and kinda hypocritical for me, since I think Ashera is a good candidate, she is a goddess after all,.though I would have largely prefered that the 'Dark God that will awaken when all the nations are fighting' to freaking stay a Dark God.

There's Formortiis too, Demon King, summon armies of unholy creatures, plus from my understanding, you don't really fight the real deal, but that might be my memory playing tricks on me.

Extremely high stats, 65% activation of Aether which is easily the best player-acquirable skill in Fire Emblem... period, halved damage from having dragon skin somehow (damn those sneaky merchants making raggedy-looking clothing from the scales of a dragon), always goes first, and also if your too close she returns the damage you just did to her in full.

Okay that just means Apotheosis!Anna is 10x stronger then even Grima lol. She's easily the strongest boss in Awakening if you count the DLC.

Edited by Douglas MacArthur

Okay that just means Apotheosis!Anna is 10x stronger then even Grima lol. She's easily the strongest boss in Awakening if you count the DLC.

Lance Breaker helps. Getting hit with Aether hurts. I considered Anna the True Final Boss since getting to her is rather annoying.

The issue with gauging Anankos's power is that we have no idea what it was at its presumed peak, when he was sane, because when sane he was not evil and wouldn't have used a lot of it. In his insane state he is incredibly strong, can turn humans into mindless monsters, divide his own consciousness and essence into multiple beings that operate simultaneously, possess people, raise the dead as his servants, distort spacetime (sucking Valla into a rift, teleportation, rendering entire armies invisible), and create a curse so strong that merely mentioning the thing that is cursed kills anyone who speaks it. Also it takes a weapon blessed by another god and powered by four more god-blessed weapons to render him vulnerable to attack. He presumably could have done any of these things at the height of his power and simply chose not to (in the same sense Ashera doesn't do anything until she decides she needs to start the world over), and if this is what he can do while nuts then it stands to reason his powers were even greater before that happened, especially since he took countermeasures once he realized he was beginning to lose his mind. It's possible Anankos could've simply cursed the whole world to die without the Valla requirement and he just didn't think of it or didn't want to do it or no longer had the power to do it; we have no proof of that, but his powers in canon are vast and he does a lot of things that are very similar to what Ashera can do (such as having a massive army of absolutely loyal servants under his blessing and control).

Anankos is clearly godlike, if not a god outright. However, he actually dies when defeated. I'm not totally clear from the end of RD whether Ashera dies or if she's just kind if dispersed/merged and Yune becomes dominant and chooses to leave the world alone. In either case, Yune is part of Ashera so she didn't completely die in that sense, which makes me think she's still more powerful and enduring than Anankos. But they have a pretty similar array of powers when you get right down to it, powers that Grima never showed in Awakening.