Who is the Strongest Final Boss? (Lore-Wise)

Strongest Final Boss  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Strongest Final Boss? (Lore-Wise)

• Fire Dragon
    • Fomortiis (Demon King)
    • Medeus
    • Ashnard
    • Ashera
    • Grima
    • Anankos
    • Idenn
    • Garon
    • Takumi (Possessed)
    • Veld
    • Duma

Edit: Why is this here over general FE...?

Shouldn't this thread be on General Fire Emblem?

Report TC next time, and we'll move the topic. Making comments like this isn't how to handle the problem.

---

Since Ashera's a no-brainer, I'm gonna go with second place, and that's the Demon King. He wasn't fully resurrected, yet he managed to take over a certain idiot, beat up the guy that beat HIM up, summon a lot of monsters, and destroy most of his own prison. If he fully awakened, I doubt that even the sacred weapons would've been enough to curb him.

Honorable mention to IMHULU.

In terms of plot, Ashera is the obvious choice because of her straight-up god status.

However, in terms of next-powerful, I don't know between Loptyr and Fomortiis. Loptyr was an Earth Dragon much like Medeus but he seems to have gained significantly more power than him, especially due to the fact he could transfer his power to a human. He had a massive cult following him as if he were a god. In the FE4 timeline we see several massacres and sacrifices to Loptyr where possibly millions of people were murdered all for the sake of this one dragon. We know that over 100,000 people were killed in the Great Purge alone, and the Sorrow of Miletos also had thousands of child sacrifices. He always had possession of a human who ran the empire. It took 12 people (not really, given Heim was the only one who could do damage) with the Fire Emblem equivalent of superpowers to defeat Loptyr. Fomortiis on the other hand is told to have essentially ravaged Magvel before the Five Heroes took him down, however, it doesn't seem there were any human worshippers that had a strong-enough presence. Riev is the only character in-game who worships the Demon King, and there is never a mention of others who follow him. There was never a cult on the level of Loptyr, although Fomortiis' power at its peak seems to have rivaled that of Ashera's. His soulless body is enough as is, and just his presence corrupts an entire forest, so we do get to experience some of the degree that his power extends.

I'd say lore-wise Ashera definitely wins, although most of the other bosses aren't far behind. They all have nearly the same destructive power, it's just that Ashera can do it easier.

Worst one is without a doubt Veld. Just... holy crap is he terrible.

Worst one is without a doubt Veld. Just... holy crap is he terrible.

The fact he was the final boss made little to no sense when Raydrik was the more looming enemy throughout FE5.

Ashera is a given, though then it's basically a fight between high-end dragons like Anankos and Grima. While Duma is called a god, Duma is a god that rules over half of a continent and is able to be sealed away with just the Falchion, along with his 'sister', despite not even being a dragon. So Duma is pretty clearly a low-end god and probably isn't actually a real god, not unlike Naga. I'm going to try and do a thought crunch on this...

1. Ashera. World-creating and world-destroying goddess of order. She's pretty clearly the pinnacle lore-wise of final boss strength with no actual competition.

2. Anankos. A dragon god with a very high level of power even when heavily degraded to madness, setting himself above most dragons.

3. Grima. I only put Grima above Fomortiis because I subscribe to the theory that Grima is another identity of the dark dragon Loptyr. If this wasn't the case, I would probably only move Grima below Fomortiis.

3. Fomortiis. We have pretty little scope into Fomortiis' power, though it is clear that he has a definite influence over Magvel's world. He shows the ability to corrupt and possess a pretty good variety of people, and has a pretty sizeable monster army if nothing else.

4. Duma. While I'm skeptical of Duma, I guess I can accept being branded as a god as enough to put him above entities like Medeus that are simply 'powerful dragons' that haven't passed a god-level threshold of power.

5. Medeus. A pretty powerful earth dragon who's later an undead earth dragon, but isn't exactly god level or anything.

6. Idenn. A divine dragon turned into a shadow dragon. I'm not 100% on the distinction between Idenn and Medeus here, but I think I will put Medeus higher if only because he's actually undead as a shadow dragon iirc.

7. Julius. Julius is a human mage, and has the blood of the dragon Salamander while being possessed by Loptyr. Definitely the strongest human boss.

8. Ashnard. Ashnard is pretty abnormally strong in the grand scheme of things by human standards, though he isn't actually the host body of a high-level dragon.

9. Generic Dragon. I still feel to this day like this one is a bad joke.

10. Veld. As bad as the generic fire dragon is, I don't really feel like I have much reason to believe Veld surpasses a dragon in power.

That's my stab at all of this. I feel like the highest end is pretty much locked into being Ashera, Anankos Fomortiis, and Grima though while the low end is pretty much locked into being Veld, generic fire dragon, and Ashnard.

I think Julius should have some honorable mention as to being possessed by Loptyr, who essentially gives him godlike power. The fact that basically Naga!Julia is the only reliable way to kill him means something. I know we're stretching into stats here, but it is worth mention.

My Ranking of Strongest to Weakest

1. Ashera - High-level God

2. Anankos - High-level Dragon with Middle-level God like Powers

3. Grima - High-level Dragon with Middle-level God like Powers

3. Duma - Low-level God

4. Fomortiis - Demon King with Low-level God like Powers

5. Medeus - Undead Middle-level Dragon

6. Idenn - Middle-level Dragon

7. Julius - Human that has the blood of a dragon and being is possessed by Loptyr, who is a High-level Dragon

8. Takumi (Possessed) - Human that has the blood of a dragon and being is possessed by Anankos, who is a High-level Dragon. Also possesses one of the five divine weapons.

9. Garon - Human that has the blood of a dragon and being is possessed by Anankos, who is a High-level Dragon

10. Ashnard - Abnormally Strong Human

11. Fire Dragon - Low-level Dragon

12. Veld - Human with some magical abilities

Edited by asdfasdfasdf

• 3 weeks later...

Um... what's going on with this poll? Last I checked, Ashera had a commanding lead, with Anankos in second (back when he was listed as "Hydra"). But now it shows Anankos with a dramatic lead, which seems highly improbably given the comments I've been reading. Also - I definitely voted for Ashera, yet it lists my vote as having gone to Anankos. Did the original poster change "Hydra" to "Ashera" and "Ashera" to "Anankos"?

There's some sort of villainy at work here.

In the new DLC Anankos is revealed to have the power to warp dimensions, it is making me rethink about my rankings.

Not enough. Ashera is the Goddess of Balance, part of the being that created life and lived with the Zunanma (and theoretically created them, who brought birth to Beorc and Laguz). Ashera didn't die, she just merged back with Yune to become Ashunera as shown in her conversation with Lehran in the Epilogue. Ashera is a goddess, Anankos is a dragon.

Um... what's going on with this poll? Last I checked, Ashera had a commanding lead, with Anankos in second (back when he was listed as "Hydra"). But now it shows Anankos with a dramatic lead, which seems highly improbably given the comments I've been reading. Also - I definitely voted for Ashera, yet it lists my vote as having gone to Anankos. Did the original poster change "Hydra" to "Ashera" and "Ashera" to "Anankos"?

There's some sort of villainy at work here.

Can back this question up. I changed back to Ashera, but my vote magically swapped to Anankos before I did so.

If you were going to swap Hydra to Anankos, don't switch slots with someone else.

Veld is definetely the strongest, one very important thing to keep in mind is that he can turn people into stone, something that he can only do 4 times in-game, and you need the kia staff, and since it's a pain to get it, he can basically kill a unit if you don't have the staff, he also does a lot of things, like... um... he didn't do shit I should stop writing this because I just want to make this a giant wall of text so lazy readers would think I actually have an argument of why Veld is the best villain. And that is why Veld is the best villain of all time.

Why is Julius not here? o.o

Why the fuck was my vote on Anankos

It's clearly Ashera, only she's described as an outright goddess. And in the main story (of the games I've played at least, FE6-11, FE13-14) she's the one who succeeded the furthest.