Would Camilla and Odin make a good couple?

I've paired Odin with Selena and their supports are very cute and funny, but there's a downside, neither of them seem to particularly benefit statistically and Ophelia's pretty weak too. Would Camilla be a better match during my next playthrough? Ophelia would be able to become a Malig Knight, meaning she'd get to keep her magic abilities and gain decent physical stats too. Plus I think she'd look better with purple hair than red.

Ophelia is kinda unscrewable really

Its pretty good. Odin and Ophelia got Dragon Riding class and Malig offers a strong skillset

Camilla gets jackshit. No class and Odin and Ophelia is a mediocre pu bonus but Camilla is so good it doesnt really matter

Its a textbook pairing that give a good class set up but pairs up really badly

Edited by JSND

Decent as far as Odin support goes i guess. I generally find Odin support to be generally fantastic, but Camilla is one of the unremarkable ones

Not as horrendous as Selena x Odin though. Seriously if people think Silas is creepy, Odin in Odin x selena is 10 times creepier than anything else in the game combined

Decent as far as Odin support goes i guess. I generally find Odin support to be generally fantastic, but Camilla is one of the unremarkable ones

Not as horrendous as Selena x Odin though. Seriously if people think Silas is creepy, Odin in Odin x selena is 10 times creepier than anything else in the game combined

You mean the dream spell thing? That didn't seem too offensive.

I did it for fun in an alt run I did of Revelations. It isn't bad so far. Camilla didn't really get much but imo she didn't really need anything else.

Really? I thought it was kind of cute though. Rather unorthodox way of trying to solve homesickness but it's something I'd expect Odin to come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I never felt the need to reclass Camilla, and getting Wyvern Rider seems like a plus for Odin.

Camilla works as a mom for just about anyone, since her stats are very balanced.

Even Selena!Ophelia is decent, so I don't think you need to worry about Camilla screwing her up.

In terms of stat mods, Camilla is a physical mother. Odin's mods suggest mixed though does prefer Magic.

If you want to play towards Ophelia's strengths, give Felicia, Elise, +MAG female Corrin, or Orochi (Revelation only) to Odin.

Its literally a guy sneaking into girls room while casting spells on her in their sleep.

You could also look at it that he's helping a very dear friend deal with her PTSD which given their background doesn't seem all that creepy.

I'm the kind who prefers Ophelia as a full-on walking magic nuke, so I'd personally say Elise and Orochi (Rev only) make the best mothers for her. Felicia will do in a pinch, too. Camilla has very balanced stats, but she does lean slightly more towards the physical side of things. Personally, I like her as a mother for Soleil, Shiro or Velouria.

EDIT: I'll also note that the pairing isn't that good for the parents, either. Sure, Odin gets Malig Knight and Trample/Savage Blow with it, But you get a non-optimal Ophelia out of it, and Camilla doesn't have anything added to her class pool. Put that against Elise and Orochi - Odin x Elise gives Odin access to the Troubadour line, letting him pick up the valuable Tomebreaker and Inspire, as well as giving him access to staves. Elise gains access to the Dark Mage line, letting her REALLY bring her insane MAG and SPD to bear if you don't want to keep her as a Strategist. Odin x Orochi gives Odin access to Onmyoji and with it, the awesome Tomefaire (which Ophelia will then have access to as well), while Orochi appreciates Dark Mage to properly focus on her nuking potential.

...Okay, I think I'm done shilling my favourite pairings. In the end though, you should just pair whatever you like!

Edited by Nihilon

There's also Nyx as an option, but she may be wanted by a child who could make better use of her being their mother, such as Forrest (whopping +6 Magic mod) or Rhajat (Revelation only; dual +5 Magic and Speed mods).

In terms of stat mods, Camilla is a physical mother. Odin's mods suggest mixed though does prefer Magic.

If you want to play towards Ophelia's strengths, give Felicia, Elise, +MAG female Corrin, or Orochi (Revelation only) to Odin.

If memory serves, Camilla has a 25% Magic mod. It's not great, but it's high enough that she can be a decent mom to pretty much any magic unit, since they typically have have Magic growths in general. Ophelia's at 45% before any class bonuses, so Camilla brings her to 35% before class (or Aptitude, because why not, I assume +10% to everything for Gen 2 units, since it's legal and easily obtainable) growths are taken into consideration. If people can make Selena work as a mom, Camilla can definitely be decent.