Does anyone else ship Chrom/Sully?

I was recently looking at Chrom's supports to determine which one worked best for him and Sully's was definitely the best for him. Being childhood friends with fond memories made for good chemistry in comparison to some of the weaker ones (I'm looking at you Robin).

They do have nice supports, but really, the main reason other than all the rabid Chrom fangirls that most people don't pair Sully with him is because no Galeforce Lucina. xP

Edited by Anacybele

They do have nice supports, but really, the main reason other than all the rabid Chrom fangirls that most people don't pair Sully with him is because no Galeforce Lucina. xP

Sadly this is the reason I'm pretty sure it's not a popular pairing :/

Well unless you're someone like me who cares only about character personalities and not their stats.

Anyway, Chrom x Sully was the first pairing I ever got when I played Awakening, so I'm quite fond of it. Chrom!Inigo will forever be my favorite parent-child pairing in Awakening overall, though.

Chrom/Sully is my absolute favorite if im doing a story run. Sully being queen is just ALL OF THE YES. Shes just fantastic.

However, gameplay wise, that pairing is one i do the least. Galeforce too stronk. Sully!Lucina gets good def and str, but the lack of Galeforce really does hurt. :(

Sadly this is the reason I'm pretty sure it's not a popular pairing :/

its exactly the reason.

Well unless you're someone like me who cares only about character personalities and not their stats.

When it comes to judging pairings I've always judged based on chemistry, excluding any gameplay benefits each one gives. I mean hell isn't that kind of the point of favourite pairings?

To the point that players would even consider ChromxMaiden a better pairing than ChromxSully in terms of gameplay because Kjelle wouldn't be screwed out of Galeforce along with Lucina.

Sully was the lucky girl who was shipped with Chrom on my very first file because I liked their dynamic. Their support is the one I like the best out of all the Chrom romances, but the lack of Galeforce makes it sail only on files where I don't take inheritance too seriously.

On my first run, I actually paired my Female Avatar with Chrom, giving me access to a sweet Aether-Ignis Grandmaster Lucina. It works well for the story, given how much Chrom and Robin already interact. I like Lucina and Male Morgan as siblings, too.

Second run, I paired Chrom with Sumia. I hate how it's the "canon pairing", but Cynthia as Chrom's daughter is pretty funny (not as funny as being Freddy's daughter, though).

Third time around, I did pair Chrom with Sully. I like their dynamic, how they have pretty similar personalities, but that nonetheless play off each other. They seem a natural pair to me, honestly, and Aether-Kjelle is nice. Also, it gives you Swordmaster Lucina, which is one of my favorite reclasses. I don't care about Galeforce, so Sully is probably my favorite partner for Chrom.

Yep, ChromxSully for life. The most popular ones have better supports - Sumia has far better supports with almost the entirety of the male cast, especially Robin, and fem. Robin has far better supports with characters like Lon'Qu, Vaike, and Virion. Honestly Chrom's supports with both Sumia and Robin are some of my least favorites in the game.

Chrom/Sully is pretty great. Definitely a solid support chain, and yeah probably my favourite Chrom pairing. And as a bonus I really couldn't care less about shenanigans to get your entire child army Galeforce or whatever, that's so far beyond anything that is needed to deal with the main game.

Chrom and Sully is a great pairing for the story, in my opinion, because the two actually seem to be really fond of each other before their S support. The only reason I'm sure most people don't like it is because of Lucina and Kjelle's lack of Galeforce, which, to most players, shouldn't really matter.

I ship it. Also Kjelle with blue hair is cute, and having Lucina with Aether/Rightful King/Astra/Dual Strike+/Swordfaire and Swordmaster!Kjelle with Astra/Aether/Pavise/Aigis/Swordfaire is more fun that lol Galeforce. Which is why I don't pass down Galeforce to Chrom!Inigo, cause Rightful King/Luna/Astra/Sol/Armstrift is an awesome combo and I love procing skills.

That was my first pairing when I first got the game. Utterly clueless about the franchise at that point so I just went with the flow. Chrom married her through the story event and I thought nothing of it as I progressed.

A while later, when I lost Tiki, I realized I had many other losses of characters I didn't recruit but could have. I pressed on just to finish the game because I wanted to finish it instead of worrying over what might have been.

So in an effort to rectify my mistakes after I finished the game, I started again this time on hard and made the exact same choices I did the first time without killing Gaius and Tharja or letting Tiki die. I kept the marriages the same too, and since Noire wasn't born and Inigo was unmarried, I got them married.

Back to the main point, the pairing makes Lucina a bit of a glass cannon, but... she's speedy enough to dodge well so I don't care, not that I let her lead in pair-ups now anyway. XD

I like the chemistry between the two.

And I'm a sucker for the closest out of all his options to childhood friends.

However, Djelle/Kjelle being scared of bugs and lack of respect for the Falchion, considering her honorable and knightly tone in Japanese in her sibling support REALLY throw her character off.

They REALLY catered that sibling support to Cynthia.

I laugh at all the gameplay Galeforce points because that is simply minmaxing in mind.

If anything, Sully is just likely as Sumia to have decent base stats to be tanky to pass on to Lucina and Kjelle in a no grind Lunatic run because of their early on availability. Especially considering Kjelle's chapter is a lot less painful than Cynthia's. And you still get two Aether users (compared to Olivia, Maribelle, or Robin). And less squishy than Sumia's.

In that context, it is just as viable as Robin or Sumia and a hell of a lot less of a pain than Olivia.

So those people are really being closed minded.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nah Sully is not a bad mom for Lucina, but my favorite will always be Olivia because I love Inigo with blue hair and sol/rightful king :P

Plus I can't bring myself to not put Stahl and Sully together. Those two have the best chemestry in the whole game, for me.

I never did that support, one reason was also because of the lack of Galeforce on Sully!Lucina.

The other reason is because I don't really like Kjelle as a royal myself.

Nah Sully is not a bad mom for Lucina, but my favorite will always be Olivia because I love Inigo with blue hair and sol/rightful king :P

Plus I can't bring myself to not put Stahl and Sully together. Those two have the best chemestry in the whole game, for me.

A bit like how I prefer a Chrom!Morgan...which was a wonderful accident to say the least the first time I played Awakening.

I think I paired Sully up with either Virion or Vaike the first ever run that I've done, however I did have her support with Chrom and I don't mind it compared to Chrom's other brides. However I agree with shadowofchaos about Kjelle not suiting the sibling support if you think about it. To me Morgan and Cynthia to a lesser degree is more fitting in the conversation than Kjelle which is sad; at least on the character development side.

To me Morgan and Cynthia to a lesser degree is more fitting in the conversation than Kjelle which is sad; at least on the character development side.

Morgan also doesn't fit because he loves bugs.

That bit about him being specific about not liking *that* bug was added in the English version.

Which means it's just like the whole "lovebirds" theater edit.

Kjelle is not any more out of character than Mark/Morgan.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Morgan also doesn't fit because he loves bugs.

That bit about him being specific about not liking *that* bug was added in the English version.

Which means it's just like the whole "lovebirds" theater edit.

Morgan is not any more out of character than Kjelle.

Not to mention Morgan suddenly recalls things with surprising clarity for someone with such a bad case of amnesia.

Not to mention Morgan suddenly recalls things with surprising clarity for someone with such a bad case of amnesia.

He remembers Lucina wielding the weapon.

...when he doesn't even remember her when Robin recruits him.

Recruitment:

Robin

Wait. Let's go back to the "Mother" thing. ...Did you travel back from the future with Lucina?

Morgan

Huh? Who's Lucina? And did you seriously just ask me if I came from the future?

B Support:

Lucina:

You've never held Falchion before?

Morgan:

Not really, no. In the future, you always kept it by your side. And since we've been back here, I've maybe moved it from tent to tent once or twice.

And no, no changes in Japanese:

[ルフレ]

まさかあなた…私の息子なのですか?

ルキナと同じように、未来から来たのですか?▼

[マーク]

ルキナ? 未来から?

[ルキナ]

…マークは、この剣に触ったことが

なかったのですか?▼

[マーク]

あ、そっちですか?▼

はい、あまり触ったことはないですね。