Is Sakura meant to have more strength than Ryoma?

Irony

I'm playing Birthright, and I decided to put Ryoma's Raijinto into the Convey, as I was curious as to what his actual strength stat was.

Without the Raijinto, Ryoma has 24 strength. He is a level 14 Swordmaster.

Sakura, a level 11 Priestess, has 25 strength. That is the joint second highest strength total in the entire army. I did not use a single energy drop on her. I promoted her when she hit level 20 in her unpromoted class. And no, I haven't reclassed Sakura either. She has just been a Priestess and her unpromoted class.

Is this normal?

Edit: Pictures, to show that I am not making this up:

post-5132-0-31690800-1464471332_thumb.jpegpost-5132-0-49072800-1464471345_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Irony

LOL. Whoever has it, I'mma need someone to post that picture of Sakura with a JoJo face.

On the real, though, it looks like the RNGoddess was not loving towards Ryoma when it came to strength in comparison to his little sister.

LOL. Whoever has it, I'mma need someone to post that picture of Sakura with a JoJo face.

On the real, though, it looks like the RNGoddess was not loving towards Ryoma when it came to strength in comparison to his little sister.

So, I guess the answer is no? XD

Seriously, how much strength is Ryoma and Sakura meant to have?

Sakura actually has a quite good Str growth.

With luck, it's no wonder she ends up like that.

Here's a fun fact:

Her Def growth is actually higher than her Res growth.

Really, Sakura can be anything, a physical or a magical attacker. With luck, she can even be a tank!

Sakura is the good kind of balanced unit.

Edited by Water Mage

I think Ryoma's base STR growth is like 45%, whereas Sakura's is base 30%. I guess they assume a player will put Sakura in Priestess, which uses a predominately physical weapon so they tried to give her strength so she wouldn't be doing no damage at all times.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Sakura averages 23.25 str as a 20/20 Priestess.

Ryoma averages 28.8 as a -/20 Swordmaster.

Your Ryoma is more or less average, while Sakura is noticeably strength-blessed.

Wow... That's actually crazy. XD I now just have this mental image of Ryoma struggling to lift heavy weights, and Sakura lifting those same weights almost effortlessly. XD

Sakura actually has a quite good Str growth.

With luck, it's no wonder she ends up like that.

Here's a fun fact:

Her Def growth is actually higher than her Res growth.

Really, Sakura can be anything, a physical or a magical attacker. With luck, she can even be a tank!

Sakura is the good kind of balanced unit.

I knew Sakura had a good strength good, but I wasn't expecting her to have more strength than Ryoma of all people! XD Now, if only she had a legendary weapon...

Lol that RNG. I always preferred making Sakura an exorcist over war priestess for a 70% mag gain vs a 40% str gain.

I have to say what happened to you is uncommon but not rare or normal.

Lol that RNG. I always preferred making Sakura an exorcist over war priestess for a 70% mag gain vs a 40% str gain.

I have to say what happened to you is uncommon but not rare or normal.

I decided to make her a War Priestess because Bows/Yumi are pretty good in Fates, plus I really like the Class design. :) I just wasn't expecting Sakura to have more strength than Ryoma and Hinoka and the same amount of strength as Takumi. Oboro is the only person with a higher strength total.

e35e64789fb4852a10905ce177accc9f.png

"What you say about my oniichan?"

Seriously though, Sakura has a pretty good str growth. She actually does well in physical classes. Shes just a great unit, period.

I was just thinking, with her balanced growths, Sakura makes an excellent Dark Flier.

Yee. I like her in her base class tbh because she gets Mikoto's outfit on promotion and im usually needing her to heal stuff. But yeah, she'd be great shit doing that. She also makes a good mum for Rhajat. Best for Rhaj, actually. I have a Sakura!Rhaj whos kinda thwomp and has the maddest mag in the army.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Seriously though, Sakura has a pretty good str growth. She actually does well in physical classes. Shes just a great unit, period.

Yee. I like her in her base class tbh because she gets Mikoto's outfit on promotion and im usually needing her to heal stuff. But yeah, she'd be great shit doing that. She also makes a good mum for Rhajat. Best for Rhaj, actually. I have a Sakura!Rhaj whos kinda thwomp and has the maddest mag in the army.

Yep, Sakura is a pretty good unit. :D

I married her to Jakob in my run, as I thought Strategist might be good for her, plus a Dwyer that has access to both Jakob and Sakura's base classes could be a pretty good healing unit, what with Renewal and Live to Serve. :)

plus I really like the Class design. :)

Can't disagree with you there. I never really liked the design of exorcist(<-still my favorite non-dlc class) and War Priestess still makes Sakura look like a Miko. Also I think it is canon through FE 0 (Cipher) that Sakura becomes a War Priestess.

2QIEnx8.jpg

Now that I think about it, isn't there a Tumblr picture with Sakura and Ryoma, and Sakura has Vaike's body and says: "Do you even lift onii-chan?"

Joking aside, I also prefer making Sakura an Onmyouji, since Birthright has few magic units, and Sakura is aguarbly Birthright's best Gen 1 magic user.

And thinking about it again, another class that Sakura could do great is Oni Chieftain.

Dang, Sakura seems stronger than everyone.....how does she compare to Xander?

This is a Birthright playthrough. I don't have Xander on my team, sadly.

This thread is making me realize something:

Sakura is like the Birthright and magical version of Camilla.

They both excel in physical and magical attacks and both can do well in any class, granted, Sakura starts as healer and lacks Camilla's sheer power and bulk, but they still work in similar ways.

They're also great mothers to any child and they can't screw any kid due to their mixed growths.

The only thing that bothers me about Sakura's Priestess uniform is that her headband stays red while everything else is blue and it clashes together to me.

I just put the sun tiara on her.

Sakura has a 30% base str growth. I don't know why people are calling that good.

It's better than or within spitting distance of the base growths of most of the Birthright cast. Well within the variance necessary for Sakura to randomly turn into a Strength monster and beat another character you'd expect to be stronger than her. Unless you're Hana/Kagero/Azura you're not comfortably outside that most times. Sakura also comes in at a lower level than a lot of units so if you game her levels to any extent on Normal/Hard or buy Aptitude online get lucky she has a higher chance to outperform (or underperform). She has >20 levels to make up <20 base Strength on Ryoma. It's unlikely, but it's not impossible, especially if Ryoma helps her by falling behind his expectations. It just doesn't matter in practical terms because of the Raijinto.

The real Sakura growth that's pretty incredible is that 45% HP growth. Makes up for the 0% from Shrine Maiden and jumps to 55% on promotion. If you switch her class to something with actual HP growth she can get pretty bulky thanks to coming in so low-level.