What's your backlog of games? And what would you recommend out of your fellow SF-er's list?

henrymidfields

What's everyone else's backlog list of games? And what would you recommend to your fellow SF-ers (including me)?

After I do Fire Emblem Fates (Conquest and Revealations), I have a couple of other games that I want to give a try. Are any of these 3DS games worth my time? Keep in mind that I'll be pretty busy with Fates, and there is Pokémon SM later in the year which I will eventually get. (Just not like on the day of its release like what I did with Pokémon Y.)

So far I have finished:

• Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS (both normal and Master)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (Once; got bored on my second run and stopped in Chapter 16)
  • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (Twice: on Normal and Hard)
  • Pokémon Y (except for the remaining 50+ (mainly Gen 3 Pokémon) for the National Pokedex)
  • Pokémon Black 2 (except going to Nuvema Town, the sea routes off Route 1, and Black Tower)

My following list of games that I want to play are the following:

• Finishing the Pokedex in Pokémon Y (This will be my very first time in the franchise.)
  • Go through the remaining routes in Pokémon Black 2 and the Black Tower (I'm not going to bother with the PWT.)
  • Doing Birthright in addition to Fates Conquest and Revelations
  • Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • LoZ Link Between Worlds
  • Pokémon not-Fates Conquest (This may or may not help me get some ideas for History of Shoyo...a fanfic for Poke-Japan that I am planning on)

Alternately how would be getting a Wii for:

• The two FE Tellius games (as one is GC and should be compatible with Wii) - apparently I heard that it has a high-level story not seen in other FE entries.
  • LoZ Twilight Princess
  • LoZ Skyward Sword?

Out of your "want" list, I think the best option is Majora's Mask 3D.

Getting a Wii for just three games seems a bit underkill, but those are some good games to play. You should probably view my Top Ten Wii Games List and get ALL of them. There are tons of gems on the Wii.

And one last comment - you seem to only play FE, Zelda, and Pokemon, but the world of Nintendo has so much more. Like Kirby. And Pikmin. And Sin & Punishment. And F-Zero. In fact, if you get a Wii, you should make sure it plays GameCube games if you don't already have a GameCube, so you can enjoy classics like Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1 & 2, F-Zero GX, and many more. Alternatively, you could get a Wii U to play Wii and Wii U games.

Edited by Zera

My list is too long to put down on paper, but I am working on it I would say getting a Wii just for three games is not very wise, but if you plan on getting more games for it after you beat those three then go ahead. As to your other list I would recommend both Zelda games, I would also say Hyrule Warriors (I assume you mean Legends for 3DS and not the original for Wii U) as long as you play it on a New 3DS.

I need to finish DQI and DQIV at some point... And Earthbound. And start Mother 3.

I have a habit of forgetting what games I want to play, though.

For what I recommend, Dragon Quest VII. Seriously, not enough westerners have played this game so I'm glad we're getting the remake. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

If you want to play TP, it got remade in HD for Wii U, so you should get a Wii U if you want it and Hyrule Warriors. Wii games are playable on it, so you can play RD and Skyward Sword on it as well, and both are amazing games, imo. In fact, those are two of my favorite games of all time!

I don't really have any games in my list other than Pokemon and Disney Art Academy, and I still have to finish up TP HD. I could work more on Hyrule Warriors too though. And Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've got Pokemon games I could catch more Pokemon in, but I've played so much Pokemon lately that I'm a bit tired of it atm. xP

Edited by Anacybele

My backlog is:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (I already beat the Wii version)

2. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (it looks good and is fun but Fates and Xenoblade take my time)

3. Hyrule Warriors (I don't even plan on finishing it)

My advice:

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii or 3Ds versions. 3DS is better for portability).

Bayonetta 1 and 2 (Wii U)

The Last Story (Wii)

My ever growing backlog...some games I've started and just left unfinished.

3DS

Project X Zone 2

Fire Emblem Fates Revelations

Codename Steam

Wii U

Pokken (in progress)

Xenoblade Chronicles X (In progress)

Starfox Guard

Captain Toad (In Progress)

Wii

Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

No More Heroes 2

GCN

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

PC

Metal Gear Solid V (In progress)

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (In progress)

Witcher III (In progress)

and a bunch of others.

Edited by LordTaco42

My backlog? Ha... haha...

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Kid Icarus: Uprising

- Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

- Persona Q

- LoZ: The Wind Waker HD

- The original LoZ

- LoZ: Oracle of Seasons

- LoZ: Oracle of Ages

- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

- Kirby's Adventure

- Kirby's Dreamland 2

- Kirby's Dreamland 3

- Kirby Super Star

- Kirby and the Crystal Shards

- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

- Wonderful 101

- A bunch of Scribblenauts games

- A lot more.

And I've literally started a majority and stopped for some random reason. I blame Fates.

Edited by SageOfAnys

I already own everything on my backlog, and will probably finish most by the end of this summer, and the rest during fall.

-Child of Light

-Tales of Phantasia (Got to the sorcerer's ring, R trigger was busted, will continue by switching from GBA to Gamecube GB player)

-Sonic Advance 3

-Wario Land: Shake It

-StarCraft: Brood War's singleplayer

-Fear Effect

-Fear Effect 2

-Turok 3

- Oh No More Lemmings! (Started forever ago but haven't beaten any level set past the 2nd one)

- Bombastic (PS2)

I also want to do some stuff with games I've already finished

-Monaco: What's Yours is Mine speedrun

-Steambot Chronicles speedrun

-Puyo Puyo Tsu One Credit Clear

-Wetrix Score run

-Drafts of Star control II

-Battle for Wesnoth mainline campaigns on hardest difficulty

-Hard mode of Advance Wars: Dual Strike and the War Room levels (Might eliminate this entirely, because it's just so dull so far)

-Hardest difficulty for Perfect Dark's solo campaign.

Responding to the thread creator about what I recommend. I've played so many games that I can usually make recommendations based on what genres people already like or seem to like and the specific console they have. I guess I can make a generic list that doesn't require you to collect out of date or obscure consoles or to be really invested in specific genres.

-Worms: Armageddon. (Steam, PC, 5th gen consoles)

-Donkey Kong Country 2 (Nintendo Virtual Console, SNES, GBA)

-Smash TV (Available in differently named Midway arcade compilations for 6-7th gen consoles, and Mobile)

-Some version of Bomberman (Mobile, PC, pretty much every 3-8th gen console, including handhelds)

-MDK 2 (Steam, PC, 6th gen consoles)

Edited by Reality

I play a lot of multiplayer/competitive games so my backlog won't be too big, but:

• Bayonetta 1&2
  • Bravely Second 100% (or at least all the Catmancy skills, one of each Neo Ba'al in Fort Lune and all treasures)
  • Devil May Cry 3 Dante/Vergil Must Die
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 100%
  • Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Lunatic
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot 100% when it comes out in the US

I haven't Played Bayonetta or Planet Robobot but I highly recommend the other games I listed, though not necessarily to the extent that I would play them to. I'm sort of a completionist.

Edited by Batter the Beast

[omission]

And one last comment - you seem to only play FE, Zelda, and Pokemon, but the world of Nintendo has so much more. Like Kirby. And Pikmin. And Sin & Punishment. And F-Zero. In fact, if you get a Wii, you should make sure it plays GameCube games if you don't already have a GameCube, so you can enjoy classics like Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1 & 2, F-Zero GX, and many more. Alternatively, you could get a Wii U to play Wii and Wii U games.

Well those are really the only current Nintendo franchises that give my any interest. Though, I remember playing Maximum Velocity, and it was a lot of fun (if also insanely difficult at times). No way in heck am I touching another Mario game - I am sick of that stupid same old story. Galaxy 1+2 is a refreshing exception, though; especially 1's rightfully a BAFTA winner. I'll have to add Galaxy and F-Zero GC onto my list.

@SageOfAnys : I'll definitely recommend the Oracle games.

@Reality : How about Days of Ruin? Played it? Any good?

@Anacybele : Thing is, I want to play both Tellius games. And one of them isn't compatible with Wii U.

@EricaofRenais : Just out of curiosity, what's not as good about the Wii U version?

@Glaceon Mage : Definitely finish Mother 2, my friend! As for Mother 3, let's just say that I desire a different cup of tea to most gamers here...

Edited by henrymidfields

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nightmare, May 30, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Nightmare, May 30, 2016 - No reason given

[Accidental double post]

Edited by henrymidfields

Days of Ruin is pretty good.

The problem with Dual Strike is that they decided to revamp the formula that causes the CO power to build. So if you play aggressively at the beginning of any campaign mission, the computer will basically instantly get their power filled and set you back/ instantly win. It doesn't help that the double CO feature gives both you and the computer access to Eagle's "move again" ability regardless of character choice.

If you don't care about rank you can actually gurantee victory by building lots of recons and suiciding them into the opponet's tanks, so that your meter fills faster than theirs. The game just focuses on powers over strategy too much and taking damage raising the bar more than dealing damage is the dumbest thing ever. I'm sure you know that strategy games are often balanced between defender's advantage and attacker's advantage, but Dual Strike goes ALL the way for Defending. It's annoying, and even poisons the good maps included from AW2, since they weren't made with these new mechanics in mind.

I get that on say, the Sturm map of AW2 you had to monitor the enemy CO's meter, but in DS it's virtually every map, and they build ludicrously fast, meaning that you actually have to plan on a turn solely dedicated to blocking off your important units with sacrificial distractions for the enemy.

Days of Ruin has a different art style, but it has the best story(that is it has a story at all) and best gameplay of the series. The only problem I have with it is that you only get the campaign+bonus missions, it doesn't have the massive warroom to S rank like Adwance Wars 2 (and dual strike for that matter) did. So the post story is only 1.5 times the content, instead of 4x content. It's kind of short as a result, but I think it's worth buying. Compared to the rest of the series, it focuses on Light-Medium units more than expensive ones, makes fog of war maps much better, makes fuel management better, offers a new system to reward you for keeping units alive, and even revamps CO powers to requires you to spend something more important than a meter to get, namely a day-to-day buff aura on a unit of your choice (about same range as s FE support). So not only does in not have the problems that prevented DS from being as good as AW2, but it also has innovations that make it better than AW2. I'm really happy that it isn't just a return to form. I expected it to be a really safe game after the experimental DS, but it's actually a lot more than that.

Edited by Reality

Currently playing through Radiant Historia and The Banner Saga. After that I have to play through Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Revelations. After that, god help me, I have to play Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 more.

ok lets see here...

-Megadimension Neptunia VII bad ending and true ending to do

-Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth 3 bad ending and true ending

-Megatagmension Blanc+neptune vs zombies got multiplayer to finish

-Conception 2 still missing a lot of endings

-Persona q p4 side

-etrian odyssey untold

-Agarest war zero

-Darksiders 2

-resident evil relations 2 episode 2,3 and 4

-Generation of chaos pandora's curse

-Yggdra union

-final fantasy x-2

-Gungnir

-Tales of Zestiria i want to finish before the anime starts

there's probably even more that i forgot about or that i want to forget about plus there's Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator thats coming out and i know im not playing any other game for a week when that comes out

First of all the game im working on is Moco Moco Friends on the 3DS

my backlog? uh.... lets see...

in no particular order i plan on finishing them

DS/3DS

Stella Glow

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Tales of the Abyss

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenum Girl

Code of Princess

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth: Investigations 2

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Bravely Second

Wii U

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Splatoon (need to buy a few more items, finish the Squid Amiibo Challenges and get my rank to at least A)

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Rayman Legends (i have the hardest bonus levels to complete still)

Xenoblade Chronicles X (ive barely started)

Legend of Kay

PC

Jet Set Radio

Dust an Elysian Tail
Deponia the complete journey

and the games i want to play would be a very long list.... so im not bothering doing that lol

most of the games on my backlog im either half finished or almost finished... and a couple ive barely started

when new games come out or i find great deals on games.... i tend to buy them.... and the pile just keeps increasing.... lol

...Backlog? Oh dear. Here's mine:

PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles

Disgaea 3

Disgaea 1 (PSN)

Disgaea 2 (PSN)

Persona 3 (PSN)

GrimGrimoire(PSN)

Dragon's Crown

Star Ocean 4

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

...and let's just put Kingdom Hearts 2.5 here because, once the Odin Sphere Remaster is released, I'll be switching over to that.

Wii:

Pandora's Tower

Phantom Brave

+ Skies of Arcadia(GCN)

Wii U:

Xenoblade X

Monster Hunter 3

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

DS:

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest 5

Dragon Quest 6

Chrono Trigger

Radiant Historia

Rune Factory 3

Etrian Odyssey 3

3DS:

Etrian Odyssey IV

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Rune Factory IV

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Persona Q

...so, yeah. Quite a lot. And I'm probably missing a few more.

Out of these... well, they're all good. Etrian Odyssey IV is really good, though. So far, it seems that the Etrian games have simplistic stories, and you create the party yourself, so they have no personality or backstories. I like this though, because then you can make them up yourself. Then there's the dungeons. Basically, you have to draw out the map yourself, which is something I really enjoy. EOIV also has a world map and separate caves to explore (at the cost of smaller Labyrinths).

@Zarin :

• If I get a Wii, I might get an F-Zero GX too. I had a look at some of the video footages, and the courses and the cities looks fascinating! Something like Cowboy Bebop or something.
  • Pokémon White 2: Have you got Pokémon White 1? If you haven't got it, and if don't mind the EXP scale, then do get it, because the story is a bit deeper this time, and you can link it to your White 2 and have references to your White 1 Character. (Overall, I did not enjoy it as much, but that was because Nintendo did the stupid thing and decided to shutdown the DS Wi-Fi 5-6 months after I bought the game, nearly derailing my plans to complete the Unova Pokedex.)
  • Shadow Dragon was a bit short, and was too simple in game mechanics. It was good finally being able to experience Marth's story, but it was pretty much that to be honest.
  • Yes, please do yourself a favour and get EB/Mother 2. The characters are just absolutely adorable, and everything is funky. Nice build up from initially serving justice to delinquents to going head-on against your worst fear manifested.

@spiderbrush :

• Hmm, I'm actually no longer sure with Awakening to be honest. My first run in Normal/Classic was all right - standard FE stuff, I thought. I've lost interest in my second run, to be honest. (The problem is, I don't know why...)

@TheUnderman14 :

• Final Fantasy X-2 was a lot of fun. Sure, it's quite girly, wacky, and doesn't have the darkness of a standard Final Fantasy game, but the change of scenery from the serious FF10 gave me a sure sense of achievement for defeating the final boss in the original. It really felt like I finally earned the liberation from Sin.

• Finishing the Pokedex in Pokémon Y (This will be my very first time in the franchise.)
  • Go through the remaining routes in Pokémon Black 2 and the Black Tower (I'm not going to bother with the PWT.)
  • Doing Birthright in addition to Fates Conquest and Revelations
  • Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • LoZ Link Between Worlds
  • Pokémon not-Fates Conquest (This may or may not help me get some ideas for History of Shoyo...a fanfic for Poke-Japan that I am planning on)

Go for Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors, both are great games.

My backlog:

Xbox one: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation

Wii U: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, Project Zero

3DS: Majora's Mask, Omega Ruby (finished Alpha Sapphire though)

PS Vita: God Eater 2, Stein;s Gate, Soul Sacrifice

PC: Divinity II, Pillars of Eternity, Wolf among us, Brothers - a tale of two sons, Baldur's Gate (1) Enhanced Edition, several VNs

F-Zero GX is a good game and I do recommend it. Just don't break your controller in frustration when/if you play the story, haha. It can be a bit difficult even on the normal difficulty. You're also required to beat the chapters on the hard difficulty to unlock the AX racers, if I recall correctly.

I have White 1 and Earthbound/Mother 2, yes.

...Sorry, were they lists you already played? Or planning to play?

Also:

Currently playing through Radiant Historia and The Banner Saga. After that I have to play through Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Revelations. After that, god help me, I have to play Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 more.

...Wait, so you cleared Conquest/Birthright in just 1-2 weeks?! Or did you get a Japanese/American version instead of an European one?

Edited by henrymidfields

F-Zero GX's story mode is an unrelenting monster of difficulty, even on Normal mode. Beating the story mode on Hard unlocks AX parts, and beating it on Very Hard unlocks AX characters. You should absolutely learn how to quick turn, as it makes the game 500% easier.