QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Karat said:

i know cheesecake isn’t cake but cheesecake

also, ice cream cake, but not for the taste

Wait what? How is something that looks like cake and tastes like cake not cake?

Spoiler

ad3e1efb20.png

2ed7d9e76d.png

f5d2797764.png

e715cc5d02.png

32d01bc34e.png

GUEST: The King (Elvis)

I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 cheesecake failures stem from the fact that cooks expect cheesecake to act like cake. Why wouldn't they? After all it is cheese-cake. But suppose that we could ask for an impartial analysis from someone who'd never even heard of cheesecake. Say, for instance an alien making his first trip to planet earth. [camera pans to Elvis] That does explain a few things, doesn't it?

AB: Um, King. What's that?
TK: That there is pie.

Pie. See what I mean?

AB: What kind of pie would you say?
TK: Huunh. That would require further analysis.
AB: Well, please be my guest.
TK: [takes pie and we hear slurping, burping sounds as if pie is eaten in one bite] Seeing as how the structural matrix is composed of egg proteins I'd say that's a [sniff] custard pie.

AB: Custard pie. Thank you. Thank you very much.
TK: [vanishes]

The King has left the planet.
    Think about it. Aside, of course, from the crust, a basic cheesecake only contains some sugar, vanilla, eggs and dairy. It's a custard no matter how you cut it.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/season5/cheesecake/cheesecaketranscript.htm

i am very holy, and it's technically closest to a custard

I've played both NMH games, I'd say I consider them a guilty pleasure. They're dumb, like, really dumb, but the combat satisfying thanks to the surprisingly decent motion controls, and the plot is so ridiculous that I can't be bothered by it. Oh, and the soundtrack for both is better than it has any reason to be.

I've played both NMH games, I'd say I consider them a guilty pleasure. They're dumb, like, really dumb, but the combat satisfying thanks to the surprisingly decent motion controls, and the plot is so ridiculous that I can't be bothered by it. Oh, and the soundtrack for both is better than it has any reason to be.

NMH 2 is an improvement, because NMH's vehicle and non-combat sections were so clunky and the money making sidequests were kind of pointless.

That said I find a lot of the humor to be hit-or miss on a character by character basis. Probbably won't bother purchasing the third game tbh.

Edited by Reality

31 minutes ago, Reality said:

NMH 2 is an improvement, because NMH's vehicle and non-combat sections were so clunky and the money making sidequests were kind of pointless.

That said I find a lot of the humor to be hit-or miss on a character by character basis. Probbably won't bother purchasing the third game tbh.

Yeah the second game trimmed a loooot of the fat of the first, that shit was just shameless padding

and yeah, the writing is pretty Weeb-ish, doesn't really jive with me, but the game doesn't always play it straight so it's not all bad