Do You Ignore My Castle's Presence In The Story?

So after listening and reading what many of you have said, I've noticed that my castle is kind of an immersion breaker for you. I understand why, and can see how it affects some of your thoughts on the story.

personally I ignore it and treat it like a glorified menu hub that exists before the next chapter.

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there thinks the same as me. or is it just not ignoreable to you?

[spoiler=Birthright spoilers]You mean if I consider it canon to take a break from my little sister getting killed by stroking my army's cheeks and playing the lottery in an alternate dimension I teleported to before confronting the supposed big bad? No, I don't.

I ignore it as well. I guess the issue mainly stems from the fact that they take a portion of time during the main story to mention it, but none of the characters or the story itself mentions is again afterwards. Then, there is Lilith...

Again, I don't particularly mind the My Castle. I would have liked to see it refined as well as the Bond Unit element more integrated if they decide to keep all of it but, yeah, I ignore it for the most part.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I do generally ignore it and the story seems to do so as well. When people talk about needing to hide no one ever brings up that castle in another dimension that they own and can access at will.

Its a bit weird how they made My castle so disconnected from the story. As nobles you have a perfectly good story reason to own a castle.

I ignore it too.

Don't get me wrong, I think MyCastle is an amazing addition to the series, and I hope it returns in future games.

But it's rather difficult to put something like in a story.

You know, if it returns in the next game, maybe they could make something like a "Moving Fortress" or something similar.

It could work in a story if used well.

Honestly it surprised me when the game decided to acknowledge Lilith's existence in the story, not to mention that the older brothers talk about her too. We had never seen her interacting with anyone after the prologue, barring a very short scene in Conquest before chapter seven.

I ignore a lot of things about Fates' story. A lot. Yes, that means My Castle too. I get what they were going for but I think that Fates especially has a problem of integrating their desired mechanics into a cohesive story efficiently. As Thane often says, it was a case of wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

Even though I love MyCastle, I ignore it too.

The characters often talk about how they need to sleep or hide somewhere and no one seems to talk about MyCastle at all except Lilith at the beginning.

Kinda weird, since Lilith herself is acknowledged by the other characters.

I ignore it too.

Don't get me wrong, I think MyCastle is an amazing addition to the series, and I hope it returns in future games.

But it's rather difficult to put something like in a story.

You know, if it returns in the next game, maybe they could make something like a "Moving Fortress" or something similar.

Maybe they could do MyCastle a bit more like the base in PoR and RD.

The background/style is different before the next chapter everytime and they could add base conversations.

Before or after the Endgame, the player could be able to choose MyCastle's background/style.

Imho, it'd been far more interesting if they had gone for less of a castle/fortress (Particularly given how often you end up moving from place to place in Conquest) for an encampment theme. Of course, the mine/farm wouldn't have been as easy to justify, but I could see ways to work around it and keep the fundamental mechanics.

Edited by tuvarkz

Even though I love MyCastle, I ignore it too.

The characters often talk about how they need to sleep or hide somewhere and no one seems to talk about MyCastle at all except Lilith at the beginning.

Kinda weird, since Lilith herself is acknowledged by the other characters.

Maybe they could do MyCastle a bit more like the base in PoR and RD.

The background/style is different before the next chapter everytime and they could add base conversations.

Before or after the Endgame, the player could be able to choose MyCastle's background/style.

Imho, it'd been far more interesting if they had gone for less of a castle/fortress (Particularly given how often you end up moving from place to place in Conquest) for an encampment theme. Of course, the mine/farm wouldn't have been as easy to justify, but I could see ways to work around it and keep the fundamental mechanics.

I agree with all of this.

A temporary camp where supports, base conversations and inventory is dealt with. As for resources, it could vary depending on what chapter is currently being undertaken. For online usage and sharing resources between players, it could be posed as having established supply lines between different camps.

Or something. I don't know; I'm bad with ideas.

The encampment is an interesting idea, but I was thinking something along the lines of ancient magical fortress that is able to move.

It could play interesting roles on the story.

For example, while it would provide food and a place to stay, it would be also a huge building that is difficult to move, forcing the army to take other routes.

It would something that has both pros and cons in a war situation.

The encampment is an interesting idea, but I was thinking something along the lines of ancient magical fortress that is able to move.

It could play interesting roles on the story.

For example, while it would provide food and a place to stay, it would be also a huge building that is difficult to move, forcing the army to take other routes.

It would something that has both pros and cons in a war situation.

I don't know man, I must say that I think Fire Emblem needs to go back to the basics in some regards. The camp is easier to pull off story-wise, and I think the common struggles of such a way of living would be much more interesting than a catering fortress.

I don't know man, I must say that I think Fire Emblem needs to go back to the basics in some regards. The camp is easier to pull off story-wise, and I think the common struggles of such a way of living would be much more interesting than a catering fortress.

Perhaps, but the problem with the camp scenario is the issue with resources, which is what encourge players to visit other players's castles.

Perhaps, but the problem with the camp scenario is the issue with resources, which is what encourge players to visit other players's castles.

Hm? What is the problem? Why would we need to reuse the same system in Fates? Does Fire Emblem need that kind of online interactivity? I'm sure if that's an issue then there would be other ways of solving it. However, I'd prefer to keep such an element in the game fairly simple and straight forward, with a focus on base conversations like in the Tellius series; something that shows progression through the story.

Hm? What is the problem? Why would we need to reuse the same system in Fates? Does Fire Emblem need that kind of online interactivity? I'm sure if that's an issue then there would be other ways of solving it. However, I'd prefer to keep such an element in the game fairly simple and straight forward, with a focus on base conversations like in the Tellius series; something that shows progression through the story.

I agree that it doesn't have to be the same system as Fates, and even though it doesn't play that much of a huge role in gameplay, I think the online multiplayer aspect helps the game. And base conversations can still happen.

But then again, like you said, there are other ways to solve the multiplayer issue.

Finding a balance between story and gameplay it's harder than I thought.

Edited by Water Mage

Even the plot itself ignore it. That should tell you something.

There's a lot of things that I prefer to ignore because they reach the bottom of stupidity, like My Castle.

Now, I like My Castle, it's a great idea gameplay wise, you counstruct shops, you can look arround and enjoy the beautful graphism, the music, the characters.... but a base would've been much more leggit.

Edited by B.Leu

It's kind of like the children characters. I appreciate it for the extra content and gameplay it adds, but narrative-wise I mostly ignore it.

I'd like to see both features properly tied to the story in a future installment, though. An actual base of operations that exists in the game world if they want to bring back the myCastle feature and a proper 20 year time skip in the story if they want to include children characters.

I like the My Castle, but either wish it was a mobile camp, or it existed outside of the plot.

I don't like the Pocket Dimension that freezes time thing they have going. Babyrealms are even worse.

No, i just ignore the plot.

Very wise. I actually wish that it was more involved in the plot acting more like Mother Base-demiplane. Just knock out enemies and teleport them to your castle to convice them to join. Just imagine how differently Conquest could have gone if we did that.

Honestly, as Rezzy said, would've been better as a moblie camp if they really wanted to add this feature, because that would keep the proper progression of the plot without making it feel disjointed. It does feel a bit off when you just complete an important event in the story, just to transport into this pocket dimension that everyone acts happy-go-lucky in without a care for what they just experienced. You can't really tell me that events like the fall of a key fortress in Hoshido or raiding the castle of Nohr doesn't at least get some of them talking about it.

I do feel that, for what it does do, it does well enough, but I will admit that I would've liked something that fit in better then what we got. I hope that whatever comes next is better integrated, or at least they don't try to justify it poorly.

Edited by Medeus

Sometimes I think whenever something major happens like when sakura was practically dramatized in the dialogue after ch 22.

Corn just goes back into his pokeball dimension and say's "Wow, poor Sakura must be devastated. Welp I'll think about later" and just knocks out on his bed.

If that's the case Corn is the biggest ass hole in the game.

But yeah during my whole experience in the game I never questioned MyCastle's relevance in the story. It was just there.

Even in Supports from what I can tell never take place in MyCastle. Especially the convo between Avatar n Azura in conquest.