Do You Ignore My Castle's Presence In The Story?

What if they had both a My Castle and a mobile camp? The My Castle would be for multiplayer and the mobile camp would change according to where you were in the story, kind of like the PoR bases but with the option to move/look around.

Outside of buying weapons, buying items, forging, mining, farming, battling, cooking, dressing up characters, visiting the private quarters, feeding Lilith, reading past supports, listening to music, and visiting other castles, yeah, I mostly ignore it.

You know... it was the same with the barracks in Awakening.

How were they able to go back to it after being in places so far away?

It's literally advertised as "a break from the story" in the intro video I translated ages ago before there was release info for the English game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

In the story... it was the first thing I tried blocking from my head because it felt extremely weird and random.

I do appreciate My Castle separately as a gameplay element. It looks nice and I get to be a little bit creative.

It's literally advertised as "a break from the story" in the intro video I translated ages ago before there was release info for the English game.

Conceivably, the barracks could be getting set up at each location, since you don't really see much of it, besides that one room.

that's like the worst comparison i've seen

it very well could have been a tent on a camp, you should know they rest and stuff do you?

as for the "break from the story" argument, it pretty much is a way of saying "rest a bit from the storyline"

not even close

It's a bit difficult to ignore given all the stuff that is connected to it. It's one thing that My Castle is kind off part of the story, yet everyone somehow manages to ignore it. But a large part of the cast was literally raised in an alternate dimension. And it probably plays a large role in Revelations.

I don't get why they felt the need to make up such large piles of nonsense in order to justify a castle. I mean what they did is basically like if a story would justify that a scene takes place in the rain by explaining that some scientist is testing a weather machine. It's throwing a bunch of nonsense into a story for literally no reason.

If Corrin was simply using a normal castle, all one would have to ignore is how he would always make it back to his home during what's supposed to be a busy campaign. Which wouldn't be any different from going back to previous towns in Gaiden or previous shops in Sacred Stones. And the kids could just be adopted. Would that really be a worse explanation then all this Hyperbolic Timechamber nonsense? (Which still doesn't explain what happened to those nine months of pregnancy, btw.) That would open all kinds of doors for character development too, since the kids could come from all paths of life and would have a connection with the actual setting. But instead all the kids have the same background of being raised in a plothole. Yay.

Edited by BrightBow

It's a bit difficult to ignore given all the stuff that is connected to it. It's one thing that My Castle is kind off part of the story, yet everyone somehow manages to ignore it. But a large part of the cast was literally raised in an alternate dimension. And it probably plays a large role in Revelations.

I don't get why they felt the need to make up such large piles of nonsense in order to justify a castle. I mean what they did is basically like if a story would justify that a scene takes place in the rain by explaining that some scientist is testing a weather machine. It's throwing a bunch of nonsense into a story for literally no reason.

If Corrin was simply using a normal castle, all one would have to ignore is how he would always make it back to his home during what's supposed to be a busy campaign. Which wouldn't be any different from going back to previous towns in Gaiden or previous shops in Sacred Stones. And the kids could just be adopted. Would that really be a worse explanation then all this Hyperbolic Timechamber nonsense? (Which still doesn't explain what happened to those nine months of pregnancy, btw.) That would open all kinds of doors for character development too, since the kids could come from all paths of life and would have a connection with the actual setting. But instead all the kids have the same background of being raised in a plothole. Yay.

I wish I could take my maternity is an alternate dimension. So we go to a place where time pretty much freezes, to wait the nine months until we deliver the child, then we dump them in some dimension where to go from baby to young adult in a matter of days. So we are simultaneously having dimensions where time passes infinitely slower and exponentially faster? I've just come to the conclusion that the Fates characters are horrible parents. I'm not a perfect parent, but I'd never do that to my kid, and I find it insulting that it's just accepted in the story. At least half of the kids seem to resent their parents for it.

[spoiler=Lilith Spoilers]Why is Lilith even in the story? In CQ and BR, she basically jumps out of the pocket dimension for the first time ever, only to get an axe in the back immediately. In Revelations, she never even factors in the story at all.

It's fine with me, really just a base/barracks hybrid kind of thing. At least we can change the music, so you don't end up with some super off-putting music to take you out of the story too much.

Storywise? Totally ignore it. It's a little odd that most of the characters don't question it, but it allows for online play so I learned to accept it. It's kind of a prototype to me, they'll probably further improve on it in the next game. Probably. Maybe. I hope

Conceivably, the barracks could be getting set up at each location, since you don't really see much of it, besides that one room.

that's like the worst comparison i've seen

it very well could have been a tent on a camp, you should know they rest and stuff do you?

as for the "break from the story" argument, it pretty much is a way of saying "rest a bit from the storyline"

not even close

You guys DO realize that "barracks" is a localization and it's "Everyone's room" and uses the model for the castle, yes?

Like, look at the Japanese name and mechanics.

My Castle is literally "Everyone's" a step further.

Thank you, Avi448, for mocking me. I appreciate your Japanese and hacking expertise.

Edited by shadowofchaos