Flora & Saizo

I feel like starting a topic about Flora and Saizo since they're both the elder twins from Nohr and Hoshido. Whereas Felicia and Kaze are loyal to the Avatar, regardless of which path you choose, both their older siblings have a lot in common that makes me wish for Flora x Saizo:

-They both have hostile personalities as opposite to Felicia and Kaze.

-Both seem to be self-driven by their clan's familial responsibility as potential leaders.

-Both are fought as enemies before joining you in Revelations.

-Both were in love at one point, but later gave up for some reason. i.e. Jakob & Flora/Saizo & Kagero.

Maybe its just me but they may as well be counterparts of each other imo.

Edited by Douglas MacArthur

Both also happen to be very well written characters, which I didn't expect given what we were shown before the game launched; I mean, an edgy ninja and a maid? Shows that you shouldn't be too hasty in judging something I guess.

Yeah, both happen to be two of my favorite characters. They are generally well-written, having personality and some nuances that some of the cast lacks. It's too bad that Flora is locked to only Felicia and Corrin; having supports with Gunter, Jakob (even though I don't really like that pairing) and maybe one of the royals would have done her some good.

Yeah, both happen to be two of my favorite characters. They are generally well-written, having personality and some nuances that some of the cast lacks. It's too bad that Flora is locked to only Felicia and Corrin; having supports with Gunter, Jakob (even though I don't really like that pairing) and maybe one of the royals would have done her some good.

I don't know why Flora and Scarlet weren't potential mothers for at least some of the kids. It would solve the whole problem of Male Corrin missing out on a kid if he marries a Gen 1 unit.

I don't know why Flora and Scarlet weren't potential mothers for at least some of the kids. It would solve the whole problem of Male Corrin missing out on a kid if he marries a Gen 1 unit.

It's really stupid to me. The characters have ties to other members of the cast. The writers were able to give them personality and relevance (albeit minor) in the story but only made it to where they could support and romance Corrin. For the life of me, I cannot figure out or understand why.

My only assumptions is that they were lazy--which I don't want to throw out callously--or that the Corrinsexuals weren't meant to be supportable or playable in the first place and they added them at the last minute for some reason.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I feel the same. I am actually of the belief that they did so

so that they can kill off the characters for cheap tragic moments without the player losing out too much. None of the none-Corrinsexual characters die in the path they are recruited except for Kaze, and even then it can be prevented.

Flora doesn't have a hostile personality.

No, but she is colder and more distant than Felicia, and not as approachable. Same with Saizo and Kaze.

- They both have personalities that match their elemental theme; Flora is cold as ice while Saizo has a fiery temper. They are also actually quite emotional people despite their professional exterior.

- Saizo wears a physical mask while Flora wears a figurative one.

- Not just that, but Chapter 17 of Birthright focuses on the maid twins, while Chapter 17 of Conquest is focused on the ninja twins.

- They both have their respective subplots get the spotlight in all three routes, but while Saizo is an ally in all three routes, Flora is an enemy in all three routes.

- Gameplay-wise they both fulfill different roles of allied/enemy units across all three routes. In Birthright, Saizo is a playable unit. In Conquest, Saizo is a green unit who cannot be recruited and must be protected. In Revelations, Saizo is a green unit who can be recruited. In Birthright, Flora is a Rout Boss, meaning that she must be defeated along with every other enemy unit to end the map. In Conquest, she is an optional mini-boss. In Revelations, she is the Kill Boss target, and only she needs to be defeated to end the map.

- They are both keeping a grave secret from their other twin (the circumstances behind their father's death and the eye wound for Saizo, the whole political hostage thing for Flora). Saizo does this out of pride, Flora most likely out of a sense of overprotectiveness toward Felicia.

- And finally they both have an affinity for setting themselves on fire.

Edited by Ryas

I don't like the everyone x everyone (the Waifu Wars) that's done for the non-Corrinsexuals. There are some supports that could be ditched away. Half of the supports are redundant, being based on a hobby a character has showing different reactions from the other character, which is exactly the same they show to a third character's hobby.

As for Gunter's S-support with Corrin (or some other characters, if they felt like it), I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. It shouldn't exist, like S-bonding with the children characters, that would be Kana's option. I mean, have Corrin support all characters from either generation, but have him be able to marry only the first, and let Kana support all second generation characters, marrying whoever she wanted (giving him/her a more adult look in order to comply with the western rules).

And some of the supports that could have been included would have been great, like Flora x Jakob/Gunter/Rinkah (the first two are obvious additions and the third is the Fire and Ice tribes heirs, though I like her possible pairing to Saizo as well), Scarlet x Ryoma/Camilla (in Revelations at least)/Shura (both are comitted to save some small country, having led rebellions). Maybe the two of them would get along too, since both fight Nohr, Scarlet leading the rebellion and Flora acting as a spy.

It's really stupid to me. The characters have ties to other members of the cast. The writers were able to give them personality and relevance (albeit minor) in the story but only made it to where they could support and romance Corrin. For the life of me, I cannot figure out or understand why.

My only assumptions is that they were lazy--which I don't want to throw out callously--or that the Corrinsexuals weren't meant to be supportable or playable in the first place and they added them at the last minute for some reason.

Yeah, they both have more plot relevance than half the cast. Some, like Nyx are so tangential to the story, yet still get to support with half the units.

I could see Flora supporting with Jakob, Gunter, and all the royal siblings quite easily.

Scarlet, it's not quite as bad, but she seemed to have a lot of chemistry with Ryoma that never got explored.

I wish Flora wasn't a Corrin sexual so there would be enough parings to go around and get all of the children

I'd ship the two in Revelations because of their burning passions

They'd probably have the hots for eachother

no wonder why it's called Fire Emblem

I wish Flora wasn't a Corrin sexual so there would be enough parings to go around and get all of the children

I'd ship the two in Revelations because of their burning passions

They'd probably have the hots for eachother

no wonder why it's called Fire Emblem

I think they'd have quite the sizzling relationship, honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like the everyone x everyone (the Waifu Wars) that's done for the non-Corrinsexuals. There are some supports that could be ditched away. Half of the supports are redundant, being based on a hobby a character has showing different reactions from the other character, which is exactly the same they show to a third character's hobby.

This priority of "being able to marry half of the cast" over "having actually relevant conversations" is my biggest beef in Awakening and now it has come back in Fates...yay... Anyway, why is there no support whatsoever for some of the actually relevant ones? Like Freddy and Vaike (being fellow Shepherds), Lucina and Lissa (they're family for golly's sake!), and Cherche, Virion, and Say'ri (they're fellow Valmese!).