Best Conquest Parent for Dragonstone-focused Kana

DragonFlames

Hey, y'all! Started my Conquest playthrough two days ago and decided on getting / using some if not all child characters and I've been wondering who the best mother for a dragonstone-focused Kana would be.

I know Dragonstones deal magic damage in this game, so someone with good magic will be a given. I'd like your opinion on who is the best suited for the job.

My Avatar has his asset in skill and his flaw in HP, by the way.

Here's the list of potential mothers who I think are good mages... maybe. I am on Chapter 13, so I assume I don't have everyone:

- Nyx

- Ophelia (with the mother being Felicia)

there's also Elise, but... well, you know.

Dragonstones don't double, so Speed isn't a huge issue. I'd go with the Ophelia you mentioned, since Nyx has a negative Skill modifier.

Now, if you REALLY want a wrecking ball of Dragonstone Kana, you'll need to play Revelations. I'll give more details if you're interested.

Dragonstones don't double, so Speed isn't a huge issue. I'd go with the Ophelia you mentioned, since Nyx has a negative Skill modifier.

Now, if you REALLY want a wrecking ball of Dragonstone Kana, you'll need to play Revelations. I'll give more details if you're interested.

Since I couldn't get the special edition I don't have revelations yet, but it comes out on June 9th. But you got me curious.

Alright, here goes.

First off, Corrin. I'd go male, with +Mag/-Spd, because Kana will not double, so does not care about Speed. Second, you'll need to do some prep - namely, Orochi's kid. Dragonstones aren't known for their accuracy, so have her grab a husband that has both Magic and Skill, and that is Odin (Leo can't marry Orochi, which is a pity). Have Ophelia be Kana's mother, and you're looking at a whopping +9 Magic cap on Kana.

Next up, Kana will be paired up to her husband, because Nohrian Trust is a thing (warning: lots of shopping incoming). The pair-up will want to focus Skill/Defense, since Kana's Res should hold on its own. So, here's your options:

- Oboro!Kiragi, as a Hero (have him marry Soliel), which will give +5 Skill and +3 Defense

- Oboro!Hisame, as a Blacksmith, which will give +3 Skill and +6 Defense, OR Spear Master for +4 Skill and +3 Defense

If you want EVEN MORE DAMAGE, then try Elise!Kiragi instead of Oboro!Kiragi (and have him marry Rhajat/Mitama for Onmyoji, which will trade Skill/Defense for Magic.

After that, skills. Kana herself will want Quixotic (she's not dodging any year soon), Wary Fighter (her Speed's gonna suck), Nohrian Trust (because it's funny), Certain Blow (to make absolutely sure she hits on PP), and Hoshidan Unity (since we've got Nohrian Trust). Her husband should have Dragon Fang, Aether/Luna/Ignis (choose two), Aegis, and Pavise. If you want Miracle in there, kick out one of Aether/Luna/Ignis.

tl;dr - HAVE FUN!

Alright, here goes.

First off, Corrin. I'd go male, with +Mag/-Spd, because Kana will not double, so does not care about Speed. Second, you'll need to do some prep - namely, Orochi's kid. Dragonstones aren't known for their accuracy, so have her grab a husband that has both Magic and Skill, and that is Odin (Leo can't marry Orochi, which is a pity). Have Ophelia be Kana's mother, and you're looking at a whopping +9 Magic cap on Kana.

Next up, Kana will be paired up to her husband, because Nohrian Trust is a thing (warning: lots of shopping incoming). The pair-up will want to focus Skill/Defense, since Kana's Res should hold on its own. So, here's your options:

- Oboro!Kiragi, as a Hero (have him marry Soliel), which will give +5 Skill and +3 Defense

- Oboro!Hisame, as a Blacksmith, which will give +3 Skill and +6 Defense, OR Spear Master for +4 Skill and +3 Defense

If you want EVEN MORE DAMAGE, then try Elise!Kiragi instead of Oboro!Kiragi (and have him marry Rhajat/Mitama for Onmyoji, which will trade Skill/Defense for Magic.

After that, skills. Kana herself will want Quixotic (she's not dodging any year soon), Wary Fighter (her Speed's gonna suck), Nohrian Trust (because it's funny), Certain Blow (to make absolutely sure she hits on PP), and Hoshidan Unity (since we've got Nohrian Trust). Her husband should have Dragon Fang, Aether/Luna/Ignis (choose two), Aegis, and Pavise. If you want Miracle in there, kick out one of Aether/Luna/Ignis.

tl;dr - HAVE FUN!

Thanks, I will!

Thank you for taking the time to write all of this!

I bought Nohrian Trust from someone during my Birthright playthrough and saw my Avatar Aether his way through the final boss... it was hilarious!

So yeah, thanks for explaing! I'll try to do exactly that once Revelations comes around!

:D

Last question: Which class gets Quixotic?

Edited by DragonFlames

Dragonstones don't double, so Speed isn't a huge issue. I'd go with the Ophelia you mentioned, since Nyx has a negative Skill modifier.Now, if you REALLY want a wrecking ball of Dragonstone Kana, you'll need to play Revelations. I'll give more details if you're interested.

But first, A-rank with Effie/Benny for Wary Fighter.

But first, A-rank with Effie/Benny for Wary Fighter.

Wary Fighter is the skill that doesn't let you or enemies double attack anymore, right?

Basara, at level 15.

Thanks!

Edited by DragonFlames

Wary Fighter is the skill that doesn't let you or enemies double attack anymore, right?

Thanks!

Yes, Wary Fighter is the skill that prevents doubling for both the user and opponent.