Wearing Bath Towel / Bathing Suit

Rex Hasta

I'm playing the Fanslation and recently got enough emeralds and peaches to buy bathing suits and bath towels. However, unlike the other accessories, when equipped the unit doesn't seem to wear them. Is this correct? If so, what's the purpose of buying these accessories?

For lewdness.

No but seriously, you wear it in the hot springs. It's also a gift that only works on a few characters (I'll let you figure out which ones, although I think one of them is pretty obvious).

For lewdness.

No but seriously, you wear it in the hot springs. It's also a gift that only works on a few characters (I'll let you figure out which ones, although I think one of them is pretty obvious).

Weird. Especially since it looks like they're already wearing bathing suits in the hot springs. Oh well, thanks.

On a side note, are towels the only body accessory? Because I was hoping for some cool outfit to serve as an alternative to those thong armors. I haven't gotten anything new after upgrading to silver and other people's gold shops don't feature anything else either.

Edited by BrightBow

On a side note, are towels the only body accessory? Because I was hoping for some cool outfit to serve as an alternative to those thong armors. I haven't gotten anything new after upgrading to silver and other people's gold shops don't feature anything else either.

Unfortunately, it's the only body accessory in the North American version (not sure about the European version). All other body accessories got removed or dummied out during localization.

All of the others? So they were all in the same kind of ballpark as the towel?

Edit: Nevermind. The Cutting Room Floor provided a quick answer to this. Man, IS really wasted this mechanic.

Edited by BrightBow

All of the others? So they were all in the same kind of ballpark as the towel?

Edit: Nevermind. The Cutting Room Floor provided a quick answer to this. Man, IS really wasted this mechanic.

Americans really don't like getting towels as gifts, I take it.

Well, unless you're a sexual deviant, because clearly towels are about as suggestive as seashell bikinis.

Well, unless you're a sexual deviant, because clearly towels are about as suggestive as seashell bikinis.

The fact that the Raider weapons got left in is all the more perplexing.

I don't know about that "sexual deviant thing" but at the very least I am pretty sure that I am not American. Seriously, was what I said about "the same ballpark" misleading? It's not like I am criticizing NoA or NoE for leaving the towels in. I'm just baffled that there aren't any actual costumes.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, at the very least I am certain that I am not American. Seriously, was what I said about "the same ballpark" misleading? It's not like I am criticizing NoA or NoE for leaving the towels in. I'm just baffled that there aren't any actual costumes.

It's more like all body accessories were meant to be swimsuits that are worn like underwear (especially during combat if hit by a Raider weapon or a unit with Mischievous.

Pretty disappointed that the love swimsuit got removed -- that removed an incentive to even be bothered with grinding for 3 big hearts with the avatar's spouse in Private Quarters.

It's more like all body accessories were meant to be swimsuits that are worn like underwear (especially during combat if hit by a Raider weapon or a unit with Mischievous.

Pretty disappointed that the love swimsuit got removed -- that removed an incentive to even be bothered with grinding for 3 big hearts with the avatar's spouse in Private Quarters.

Is there any reason to build those hearts up? I did it on my first playthrough, but then they just reset.

Is there any reason to build those hearts up? I did it on my first playthrough, but then they just reset.

Besides voiced lines, getting to 2 big Hearts with your spouse unlocks the ability to purchase the Love Bracelet from the Accessory shop.

In the Japanese version, getting to 3 big Hearts with your spouse unlocks the ability to purchase the love swimsuit (looks like a white toga) from the accessory shop.

it kind of sucks that we can't see what fKana says since they disabled the option to give her the towell

Male Kana and Female Kana have many identical dialogues, like in the Treehouse and the Hot Spring, so Female Kana's reaction would have been most likely identical to Male Kana's.

it kind of sucks that we can't see what fKana says since they disabled the option to give her the towell

Why can you give it to male Kana, but not female? Aren't they the exact same age?