Atirian Conquest

Straid Olaphis

Hello everyone, I am working on this every night I get the chance, which, fortunately, has been very often! The UPS I released doesn't have much editing done really, just some nightmare tweaks and Feditor a bit, the file I AM working on does, the UPS has extremely little reflection to the actual finished gameplay, the god stats are merely me messing around with weapon stats and such, it will not be like that in the game, although I do like that vindication gives 2 skill, 2 def, and 2 res, some may say it OP, I say EH, so is arena abusing, plus magical weapons are a thing I very much enjoy, I enjoy deep rich content, not just, " oh this sword? I just found it, somehow it increases my strength by +5, oh well!" ACTUALLY the chapter to get vindication is going to be optional, and relatively challenging, *wink wink*

Edited by Straid Olaphis

. . .I just hit Chapter 10. To put it bluntly. . .you're missing about thirty chapters in the middle. I'll leave this in Fan Projects only because of the modifications that completely unbalance the game. Otherwise, it's mostly Lyn Mode during the first eight chapters. The only chapter that made me think a bit was Chapter 3, and that was due to a lack of flier.

[spoiler=Towards the end]You like big numbers, fine. However, forcing caps and putting boosts that put FE4 holy weapons to shame isn't how to code difficulty or fun. Doing difficulty right means that you'll have to figure out which units you have, what their stats should look like, and then place enemies that are somewhat challenging but not impossible around. Dream of Five has its own brand of difficulty, and while it's not everyone's cup of tea, it's an example of how enemy unit placement and strength work together.

If your idea of a curbstomp is fun, that's your thing. However, Fire Emblem is a strategy game at heart, so fun should fall in lines with good strategy. Throwing a decently-leveled Conrad into everything and watching things melt is. . .kinda boring, TBH. From this player's PoV, it's not fun at its current state.

Also, Judgment seems to be glitched - Elina used it once and hit S light.

Klein/Conrad are pretty damn good. Straid is awful, or it could be that he hates me - he hit level 7 and was still at base strength.

Shrink Conrad/forgot who else's mug to fit in the frame. I don't see any glaring issues with the mugs, except for that.

You have a lot of script editing to do, and I seriously hope that you do something about the maps/enemy placement. I was able to fast-forward my way through because I've played Lyn Mode way too often.

I very much appreciate your feedback, and yeah, Klein and Conrad are good, and straid is supposed to be SUPER balanced in his stats, with actually kinda low lck growth for a lord.

Well, I'm not really much of an expert, but some of the problems I noticed.

- Eleina has almost no reason to attack. Too little exp gained to top of being a Jeigan.

- Chapter 10 and Eagler are just... Wow, no part of the game should be so powerful that they negate almost all characters except one. The player has no reason to field anyone but the sage (forgot her name, sorry) on the last two chapters.

- The preceding chapters are rather easy, because of the amazing stat growths everyone gets.

I'd mention the awkwardness of Lyn's cutscenes imposed on your characters, but you obviously know that.

Good luck with the rest of the work. The story is interesting, so I'll be looking forward to it. :)

• 10 months later...