GUI Assembly Patcher

Brendor

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the readme:

The following paragraph is a copy&paste from the source code.
The main program is "Patcher.pyw", just launch it and what you need to do should be apparent.
Alternatively you could use PatcherConsole.py, but I recommend against this. PatcherConsole.py
is the "backend" program, meaning it does all the actual work and Patcher.pyw is just a GUI conpoment
so you can use it separately, but it's a console program so it's much uglier as a standalone. You're
an adult, you can use your own discretion. If you're confused, you can consult the next paragraph, or
ask on whatever topic you found this zip in or contact me directly. Cheers.

Patcher.pyw by Brendan Morgenstern AKA Brendor; V 1.1 5/31/16 -- supports Python 3.x
This is a python file that patches assembly hacks in the proper format to ROMs.
The format being, the first 4 bytes are the hardware address, namely 0x8000000 followed by:
The address to patch to, 4 bytes of zeroes, and the size of the data to patch. These 12 bytes of
info repeat for every seperate block, although there are usually only one or two of these per bin.
The program is very straightforward, you choose the binary file to patch (should be provided by the hacker),
the ROM to patch and the path of the new patched ROM all via the corresponding Browse buttons.
Once those are filled out, hit Process and you're done.
If you as the user experience any bugs, or have any questions, I can be contacted on Skype at kratosonkrak. Enjoy.

*Python 2.7 required. 3.x is NOT supported.

So you download an assembly hack, choose the .dmp file (that's the binary file) in the hack and the rom you want to patch that hack to, and then it creates a new rom with the patch in it. I think.

Here's the readme:

So you download an assembly hack, choose the .dmp file (that's the binary file) in the hack and the rom you want to patch that hack to, and then it creates a new rom with the patch in it. I think.

Well, it's for the .dmp files for the hacks written to be in Hex's/(cam's improved version of it?) format. So not most of the .dmps we provide, but yes to most of the dmps Cam and Venno make.

So...

is this even useful?

Upon discussion, we believe it to be for Hextator's format (not Cam's improved format).

So it's useful for applying most of Hextator's patches, if you can find a .dmp of one of his patches, or, presumably, Brendor's patches.