PMU  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I NOT bring to Test 10, which is a FOW Map. Pick at least 5.

• Denning
    • THE BOULDER
    • Echidna
    • McCartney
    • Tethys
    • Bronze
    • Glen
    • Ross
    • Tana
    • Cormag
    • Natalie
    • Novala
    • Ai-ke

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Denning is the true hero. His one-line shtick is actually the best dialogue in the hack since it's impossible to screw up or for him to make bad dark humor jokes. With the power of the Finisher Bow (Demi Bow now?), he heroically took out boss after boss for us, even the nigh-impossible Michael Jackson and Gleb.

Truly, Denning is the greatest.

This is very true. I very much agree with you here. Like, I don't even have anything to add, because anything I could would just be a rephrasing of something you already said.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a brief hiatus to play Undertale. I bought it months ago, but I've never gotten around to playing it yet, and I figure I might as well see what all the hubbub is about. I've heard it only takes like 6-12 hours to beat, so even accounting for multiple playthroughs, the hiatus shouldn't last for more than a few days.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right guys. I've beaten Undertale, but my hiatus will probably last a little longer, as my family is going on vacation this Saturday. Now, if the mood strikes me, I may update some time before then, or even during the vacation, but I wouldn't hold out on the latter, as I'll probably be too busy spending time with my relatives. I'm not sure when we'll get back, but I'll try to find out.

Guys, I bring bad news. I've been watching Aitos's GhebSaga videos, and I discovered

Rori-chan is back! I don't know when we recruit her, but it's some time before Test 25. Why, Aitos? Why her of all characters? Why did you even make that a character?

On a more positive note, I've made up my mind regarding Geitz vs. Wallace and Karel vs. Harken.

Pale Flower of Darkness hasn't been edited at all yet, so Karel and Harken remain themselves. I'll be choosing Karel because I like him more. I may even give him his FE6 growths for funsies.

Four Fanged Offense has also not been edited, so Geitz hasn't been replaced yet. However, Wallace is replaced by Kiwi, and the thing is, we get Kiwi back as early as Test 14, so going for the Wallace version would be pointless since all we'd get is a second Kiwi. As such, we'll be going for Geitz's version.

EDIT: OH, and I bring WONDERFUL news! Marisa is this hack! I have no idea when we get her, but you can spot her in

Edited by Matthewtheman

Guys, I bring bad news. I've been watching Aitos's GhebSaga videos, and I discovered

Rori-chan is back! I don't know when we recruit her, but it's some time before Test 25. Why, Aitos? Why her of all characters? Why did you even make that a character?

Rori-chan is back in GhebSaga. This going not well if finish batta test and start gheb test.

Edited by Xiahou Yuan

Rori-chan is back in GhebSaga. This going not well if finish batta test and start gheb test.

On the bright side, she's a reskinned female child class, which means she can't promote, which means I'm better off ignoring her, even if she does likely have Ross tier growths.

"Not edited yet"? You mean, not going to be edited ever? Is this hack just going to get sketchier and sketchier as we progress towards the "new content cutoff point"?

Yeah, looking in Nightmare, the chapters past Test 29 don't seem to have been edited at all. I'll probably buff most, if not all, of the units past that point due to the inflated enemy stats. But I wouldn't say that they're not going to be edited ever. All of Aitos's accounts seem to imply he'd like to return to GhebSaga someday. However, he doesn't appear to have used any of them in months. He could be dead, for all we know. But maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places. Perhaps if I looked in some furry forums or something like that, I might find him, though I hesitate to do it that way, lest Google mistake me for a furry myself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, I'd just rather I not be thought of as a furry by Google, because that can affect stuff like what search results appear first and what appears in recommended videos on youtube, for example. I hope he isn't dead though. Especially since as bad as this hack is, I kind of want it to get finished. Aitos has shown the complete planned roster of characters, so maybe someone could take it upon themselves to try and finish this hack. Regarding Marisa, I'm pretty sure she replaces Nino, as in Nightmare, Nino has female Myrm for a support viewer class, which kind of sucks because that means I won't get her in the edited sections of the hack. Nino herself is still playable, but she seems to replace Louise.

Oh, and I made a bit of a boo boo earlier. Rori-chan's custom Loli class replaces Queen, not Child(F). It's Tethys's Gypsy class that replaces Child(F). Either way, Rori-chan still can't promote, and Queen/Loli has unpromoted caps. Not to mention her growths are slightly worse than Ross's, as she has 40s in Luck and Defense, while the rest are 70s, while Ross has 70s across the board.

Oh great, the one character that I didn't want to return aside from the Great Defiler himself is going to return. Hopefully she joins closer to the new content cutoff point so we'll be spared any of Aitos's brand of lolicon humor. Although actually, now that I think about it, there hasn't been nearly as many shota jokes about Ross as there were with Ewan, has there? I've just jinxed us, haven't I?

But hey, at least we'll get Marisa! Hopefully not with some really wonky growths like some other characters have had so far. Here's hoping Sonia comes back too, I miss her.

Yeah, looking in Nightmare, the chapters past Test 29 don't seem to have been edited at all. I'll probably buff most, if not all, of the units past that point due to the inflated enemy stats. But I wouldn't say that they're not going to be edited ever. All of Aitos's accounts seem to imply he'd like to return to GhebSaga someday. However, he doesn't appear to have used any of them in months. He could be dead, for all we know. But maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places. Perhaps if I looked in some furry forums or something like that, I might find him, though I hesitate to do it that way, lest Google mistake me for a furry myself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, I'd just rather I not be thought of as a furry by Google, because that can affect stuff like what search results appear first and what appears in recommended videos on youtube, for example. I hope he isn't dead though. Especially since as bad as this hack is, I kind of want it to get finished. Aitos has shown the complete planned roster of characters, so maybe someone could take it upon themselves to try and finish this hack. Regarding Marisa, I'm pretty sure she replaces Nino, as in Nightmare, Nino has female Myrm for a support viewer class, which kind of sucks because that means I won't get her in the edited sections of the hack. Nino herself is still playable, but she seems to replace Louise.

Though a net-quest to find somebody sounds interesting, I wouldn't suggest you dig too deep... please, the last thing Aitos needs is encouragement.

Though a net-quest to find somebody sounds interesting, I wouldn't suggest you dig too deep... please, the last thing Aitos needs is encouragement.

I dunno. I think Aitos could put out some good hacks if he just had some quality control and other people working on the hacks with him. His hacking skills are pretty good, he just needs at the very least someone else to handle the writing and someone else to handle gameplay balance.

Man, now I want to see you LP a massive Google search looking for our lord and savour Gheb er, Mr. Aitos. Gimme a minute, I gotta find my Ghebitis cure.

And hey, I resurrected DDOP for an April Fool's joke, someone might take up the torch next year... Oh, and maybe when googling for him, do it logged out in your private browsing mode.

Oh, Sanity Indexes! Things are looking good.

Man, now I want to see you LP a massive Google search looking for our lord and savour Gheb er, Mr. Aitos. Gimme a minute, I gotta find my Ghebitis cure.

And hey, I resurrected DDOP for an April Fool's joke, someone might take up the torch next year... Oh, and maybe when googling for him, do it logged out in your private browsing mode.

Oh, Sanity Indexes! Things are looking good.

Dammit, I've already done the search, and not in private browsing mode either! I googled both Aitos Saibankan and FurryYunSeong, his two main handles, and ended up going some places I'd rather not be associated with, and I managed to find out that he's been online as recently as March of this year, according to his pastebin. I feel like if he died someone would spread the word, so I'm pretty sure he's alive at the very least. Who knows how recently he's been online, though?

Edited by Matthewtheman

Hi guys. I go by Aitos, Aitos Saibankan or FurryYunSeong around the internet.

I found this topic through a twitter link that I seem to have caught a month late or so. So I don't know if this is what "graveyard posting" or what have you. I have lost touch with forum etiquette, its been many years. I have an older account that was what I was planning to use to post, but there appears to be, at the moment of posting this, a problem between my side and this server. Not sure what, but it has taken me about an hour to get this reply going.

During that, I caught a few stray replies in this topic and I can definitely say that this is, in some odd way, heartwarming. The message that lead me here asked me to provide insight, and if it this insight is still of interest, I will keep an eye on this topic and provide it. I will pick out posts and reply accordingly as I read all the pages, if that is welcome. In any case, I just wanted to post to show that I've taken notice and that I find this very amusing and interesting.

Gathering from the few replies I saw I can provide the following:

- Yes, I was young and dumb when I made this

- GameFAQs was all about fads

- I had just finished playing Portal

- I take no offense of any criticism made to it because I am very aware of how flawed it is

Besides that, here are some other tidbits:

- I was, quite obviously, learning on the go

- There is (or was) a dedicated Gheb forum called GHEB

- It was inspired by a very bad Gheb fanfic series

And lastly, brief insight:

- I tried firstly to make a challenging game

- Secondly to switch around the roles of villains and heroes

- I innovated where I could

- I had a lot of fun working on this and the feedback was great

- Great learning experience

All right, I got back from vacation the other day. It's nice to see that Aitos himself is here now, that should make this LP more interesting. I ended up spending most of my free time over vacation over on the GameFAQs Fates boards, and I must say, the FE GameFAQs community is a lot different from the pre-3DS community, and for the better, I'd say, as there are far less trolls and fad topics. Nowadays it's mostly waifu topics and social/RP topics, which isn't so bad IMO. I've met a lot of cool people, and I'll even admit, I ended up making 5 or so RP accounts myself. I'll try and get an update out ASAP.

Well, looks like Aitos has come to us. I'm definitely interested in hearing what he has to say about everything here. If you want, you can look at my LP of GhebFE too, mildly entertaining trainwreck as it was.

If there is ONE good thing to say about GhebFE, it was that it's existence advanced GBA FE Hack Technology, for FE8 at least, by a lot. I imagine you didn't have very many good resources to draw on for it.

Okay, here we go with page 1:

Oh boy, this is going to be painful. Aitos legit sounds like a criminal tho.

Maybe Aitos think racist/offensive joke is fun. This why aitos making this hack.

Really? :<

I in no way actually speak or write in any way close to what shows up in these games. I'm reading these screenies and my I'm like "Damn, did I really write all that swearing? Did I make all those jokes?" Mind you, I'm not ashamed of it, because I know better and I'm not really like that, but looking back on it I really hadn't realized the... volume of these things.

As for the typos, it is mostly due to typing quickly, and it was generally direct to Hex, if I recall correctly (in GhebFE). In GhebSaga with the Nightmare tools that were out then I could write on a text file but it was still a bit iffy to work on the typos. I just wanted to put the thing out there. Additionally, any poor phrasing you may have found is largely due to English being my second language.

There are however a few pet phrases/memes that I do type out because I enjoy them as you will catch above and below.

I honestly want to know if Aitos is really into racist/offensive/stupid humour or if he's just following the trends. His knowledge on yaoi suggests both possibilities are possible.

Here is some fun trivia: I hail from Puerto Rico and only pursue men. Currently very happy with a partner of one year.

well i do remember that he's at the very least into furry, which surprises me because you wouldn't know that from the hack.

Indeed. I don't think I really planned on adding anything even remotely suggesting that into any of the games either. Certainly not because of shame or anything, just didn't think it was appropriate. All these years and I still happily consider myself a furry, but I don't really involve myself in the community.

I personally think the plot is better than GhebFE's by a mile, but only because Gheb is currently only included as an abstract concept as opposed to an actual character.

But really, I don't get MFV's plot... trying to destroy Gheb by giving you puppets and trying to kill them in tests? What? What is the greater purpose in all this?

It pleases me that despite not really approving of the thing as whole you still wonder what is up with it. I honestly wasn't sure what I was gonna do with MFV. I just had some basic elements that I wanted to add and the story for each chapter came out as I worked on the chapter itself. For example, I wanted to add my ohsee donutsteel and eventually put him in the latest playable chapter shortly before stopping work on it, and I wanted him to fight erryone.

I don't think anyone was ever meant to be In-Character (though I see how that could've been one of many tiny saving graces). Instead they were following either some bad GameFAQs fads or something I came up with based on the trends then. Stuff such as "Cornmug" just came to me, though.

GhebFe hack is fun but still not make sense

and

Yeah. Playing Hard mode in Ghebsaga only way for skip stupid tutorials.

Yeah, not meant to make sense. Kind of. Sort of. Sorry for the tutorials, guys (I think).

Looks like there's a third one. GameFAQs really liked GhebFE for some reason I highly recommend you read these topics, as they explain so many things about GhebFE, such as who Kiwi is(short answer: a GameFAQs user who requested to be in the hack). You'll probably want to make a GameFAQs account and change your settings to be 50 posts per page if you haven't already, as other wise you'll have to go through 50 10 post pages per topic, which is a bit of a slog.

Bravo. This brings me back. Glad you found these. I like your dedication sir.

Kiwi, though.

Kiwi was awesome. I wonder where he is now, and if he is still doing that third person Kiwi thing. There was this mini story about Kiwi and his shotgun Bob, and it just stuck to me... I loved it.

Wow.... Just wow. GhebFe hack very famous in GameFaq. I just not get why this hack very famous in GameFaqs. I mean this hack very bad,stupid jokes.

My personal success with Atom (or Aotm, Attack of the Morphs) was doing as much as possible with JUST the Nightmare editor and nothing else, if I recall correctly.

If you guys haven't read about ChinaFE, then look it up. It is THE base for GhebFE, that and the super weird fanfic. Those two = GhebFE.

It was going to be GhebFE (FE8), GhebSaga (FE7), and GhebInfinity (I just made it up now, FE6)

All right, let's get back into...

Test 8 Gameplay: The Phantom Pain

fbLWlxC.png

All right, it looks like the people agreed that Cormag, Natalie, Novala, and Ai-ke would be getting the bench this chapter. Cormag is honestly the only one that's even decent, and he's only getting benched because he got speed screwed. There's probably a unique scene if I bring Ai-ke to a certain house this chapter, given who he replaces, but I don't think it's worth deploying Ai-ke for. Bronze will probably get benched eventually, due to his lack of promotion and unpromoted caps hurting him in the long run, but that likely won't happen for a long time. I end up trading weapons around, mainly giving weapons from the benched units to units I'm using. Echidna got a hand axe, both because I want to see if she has an axe animation, and so she can have a 1-2 range weapon.

NoRFtMk.png

Look closely at this screenshot. Notice how there are seemingly empty spaces where according to the map there are enemies? That's right, phantoms are back. One of the many examples of fake difficulty in these hacks.

XV41jiU.pngHtrLXF8.png

All of the generics but one in this map have Lucius's portrait for some reason.

kTogs7V.pngYiKlUY9.png

Heintz is now a Senile Man instead of a Shaman. His only form of attack will be Retropoison, which he can't counter with, so actually killing him shouldn't be too tough, but his Fortify and Berserk staves should prove annoying. I don't think the AI even knows how to use Warp. Compared to in FE7, other than the class change, he's also gained 10 levels, and has 16 more HP, 9 more Magic, 5 more Skill, 5 more Speed, 1 less Luck, 6 more Defense, 11 more Resistance, and 2 more Con.

Anyway, let's actually start this map!

3b4GX7v.png

After I show you that Lightning has been renamed Pretty Light!

A5NZbpd.png

Tethys comes out to help! She replaces Lucius. Like in GhebFE, she has her own custom Gypsy class, which is functionally just a mage with a +15 crit bonus. She has the same problem several of our units have in that she can't promote and has unpromoted caps. Tethys is probably my favorite Dancer in the series, because she's the only one who isn't immature (Feena, Sylvia, Lalum) or overly shy (Ninian and Olivia). I suppose Lara, Lene, and Laylea aren't either, but they don't really get much characterization at all.

Tethys(text skip): McCartney.

QnMmK5D.png

Tethys stepped forward a bit, as you can see. Anyway, McCartney is obviously our Nils replacement. I'll try to get him to level 7 by the end of this in case I decide to do Glass Mode. I don't want to have to redo Batta mode, so I'll just keep a save from the end of Batta Mode to continue from handy instead.

s177vQN.png

One problem I have with these hacks is that even though there are some actual good people that we get, who know that Gheb, Batta, etc. are assholes, they don't really do anything about it.

88qvS8u.png

Oh come on, Aitos! Did you even proofread at all? That isn't a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious.

nQu4v8U.png

For some reason, Wind Across the Plains is playing right now. It's bit odd to have a map theme playing during a cutscene, but whatever.

TZsd7Jr.png

Le sigh...

6SyOLeN.png

At least Tethys's response is realistic.

0brSyT0.png

There should be a comma after "us" in this sentence.

Tethys: Huh?

c4PwNtS.png

There should be a comma after "us" in this sentence as well.

rNW1JZy.pngVMDQRK6.png

For once, there's an interrupted sentence that isn't a text skip. Aitos still hadn't learned that "allright" isn't a thing, though.

Tethys(text skip): But don't you dare touch me...

She then runs off.

Batta(text skip): So hawt.

6kDGKf5.png

He then teleports to this part of the screen. I'm not a big fan of the term "hit that".

McCartney: ...

ZJnhmay.png

And now Together We Ride is playing.

Dp7OWmi.png

Not really, I've already used the mini map to find them all, and they all have terrible defenses, too.

KgnyEjK.png

Help me mommy I'm tho thcurred!

9z3vb0N.png

In regular FE7, I would have gotten it two chapters ago.

ww6B63L.png

I stil can't believe how many typographical errors are in this hack.

NEukImT.png

I can only imagine what anime magic would be like...

AKmN82K.pngTu6IJmk.png

Here's McCartney. He can't fight, so I didn't bother screenshotting his (lack of) weapon ranks. Btw, we will see his wife later. Can you guess who it is? His stats don't matter that much, because he shouldn't be seeing combat. He is a Dancer type unit, and therefore automatically useful. I kind of wish he could at least use some kind of weapon, if only for self defense purposes. Let's see his growths!

MCCARTNEY'S GROWTHS:

HP 120

STR 10

SKL 25

SPD 65

LCK 70

DEF 55

RES 55

TOTAL 400

McCartney has pretty well distributed growths, if I do say so myself. He's got good growths in the stats he actually uses.

eqCyklx.pngwTFCK54.pngBjiYTfj.png

Gypsy has the same class descriptor as Wife. (Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned) Tethys, unsuprisingly, has the wrong affinity, as she should have Fire. She has 2 more con than in FE8. Compared to an average level 3 Tethys, she has

6 more HP, 7 more Mag, 10 more Skl, 1 more Spd, 4 less Lck, 1 less Def, and 1 less Res. Fireball is a renamed Fire. Let's see her growths.

TETHYS'S GROWTHS

HP 40(-45)

MAG 35(+30)

SKL 80(+70)

SPD 70

LCK 55(-25)

DEF 20(-10)

RES 70(-5)

TOTAL 370(+5)

Considering she can't promote and has unpromoted caps, I think I'll buff the nerfed growths back up. She'll likely be like Bronze, useful at first, but will fall behind due to lack of promotion.

9mobdo4.png

I'll admit, I forgot about the tutorial, and chose Tethys out of pure coincidence rather than because that's who I'm meant to choose.

I9mnIAR.png

That ghost has a poison bow btw, yet the tutorial is making me stupidly attack it from 2 range.

lAS31lL.png

These are some nice combat stats, though the 47% chance to get poisoned seems a little risky to me.

C1ttu3P.pngc3081XF.png

Gypsy uses Sage animations, as you can see. Ghosts are completely invisible, bar their weapons. The poison bow hits, btw. Fuck this tutorial.

IX5rV9L.png

He does have a nice singing voice.

pRe3fjV.png

>Implying he doesn't already have many fans.

zy0A7GH.png

I'm pretty sure his playing does not work as an Aum/Valkyrie/Bifrost staff, despite MFV's claims.

CaI4Syd.png

Still not a fan of the changes to army colors. Especially the NPC colors, as their new colors are hideous.

QwQ3jDG.png

Yes. It means I can make Tethys move again.

NPLOw7F.png

Only for one unit though.

MFV: The Companion Cube cannot believe what it is hearing.?

1jsU5ft.png

The screen glitches out. Okay, then.

06lG54O.png

This is what happens when I don't select McCartney.

TI0mdow.png

The screen is still glitchy.

Fmk0gMX.png

The screen is no longer glitchy. Let's hope it stays that way.

tzSgv9c.png

Here's McCartney's palette.

ioURSKf.png

You're fucking delusional if you think you can sing anywhere near as well as Paul McCartney.

cVOBuqM.png

The tutorial part is nearly over.

LiO1Typ.png

Pretty sure that sentence is grammatically correct. Anyway, I believe 15 is the turn limit to unlock the Gaiden? Should be plenty of time.

GuYiasz.png

That's not even possible, ffs.

WgSV6xP.pngbyjUBeI.png

Batta visits a house. Such cutting edge dialogue!

I mainly had him do that so Tana could get to Tethys, as he was in the way and she needed her poison cured. I had Tana Restore Tethys and THE BOULDER Heal her. Tethys then visits the other house...

jznHHHW.png

Tethys: Ack!

For some reason, "What Comes From the Darkness" played when I visited the house. As you can see, the house dialogue is still unhelpful and dumb.

d5XDD8O.png

I had Echidna weaken this Archer, and while Glen was supposed to finish, he's shown he still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

vTw2jqT.png

Denning visits the vendor, but I don't think I really need anything it has to offer right now.

zARUV1t.pngI6bc1fu.png

Glen, of course, gets killed by the archer on EP. Seriously, what is the deal with their father?

rueL8OV.png6WwJpQ9.png

I redo the turn, and this time the Archer suicides on Tethys, netting her a 6 stat level. Mag would have been nice, but I'll take it!

DXCCfm7.pngQNyKX21.pnghhBZwAk.png

Batta gets Berserked, and I realize why the Vendor sells Restore staves. Good on you Aitos, I honestly wasn't expecting such mercy from you! Tana has hardly used hers, so I doubt I'll need another, but I may pick one up just in case.

An0RDD1.png

Denning annihilates a Ghost(seriously, he could double, was doing 18 damage, and had 100 hit, while the Ghost only had 8 HP. Talk about overkill...), and gets a Steel Axe out of it. It would have dropped a Devil Axe, but it attacked Denning with the Devil Axe on EP, so... I think I'd rather have a Steel Axe anyway.

IyqCwSG.png

THE BOULDER picks up a Heal and a Restore, just in case.

3ZA4JFn.png

McCartney dances for Tana, who proceeds to get an incredibly underwhelming level healgrinding off Tethys.

yEIOc5V.png

Glen impressively dodges a 78% Berserk.

1kkk9UO.png

But Tana is nearly killed by a Ghost. They seem to be unhindered by terrain.

uFCCMdM.png

Huh, looks like Echidna doesn't have an axe animation. My guess is either FE7 didn't keep the female hero animations from FE6, or Aitos removed the axe animation for female heroes.

yp5ksw7.png

"Money is important" guy: It will turn you crazy,

ytnDK1p.png

Bronze visits a village, where he meets an NPC whose portrait I will forever associate with the "Money is important!" house from FE6.

Rx7Y5Hc.png

Will we get a staff that can do that?

v6TazFQ.png

Now I'm being reminded of the Merchant from RE4.

"Money is important" guy: Here.

15i8Gh2.png

I'm assuming this is a Pure Water village? I'll admit I almost never use them, myself.

zJCQXyY.png

I don't either.

QgFEHLo.png

*facepalm*

yEQOao7.png

Don't quit your day job.

Bronze: ... weird...

75LK7o5.png

He gets a Cute Milk, which as I thought is just a renamed Pure Water.

uWwYXcX.pngh056YiH.png

Denning crits a female Merc and gets a level that only has 3 stats, but since it's the most important ones is therefore good.

2pdFdSA.png

Look at that hit chance. Echidna is amazing.

ltIDBVk.png

THE BOULDER gets a nice level healgrinding Denning.

7FMkuRr.png

Echidna gets an incredibly underwhelming first level. Good thing her bases are so good.

iZjdvBb.pngaAQT5oW.png

Bronze visits the last house only to find Ai-ke being rude af to him.

pjchFFS.pngBsB8ask.png

And Echidna kills the boss to finish this chapter up. I believe we were well within the turn limit. We routed the whole map, too!

Death Count: Batta 2, Bronze 1, Ross 1, Natalie 1, Novala 1, Ai-ke 1, Glen 1

See you guys either later today or sometime tomorrow!

All right, I'll reply to Aitos's comments. My comments are in red.

Okay, here we go with page 1:

Really? :<

I in no way actually speak or write in any way close to what shows up in these games. I'm reading these screenies and my I'm like "Damn, did I really write all that swearing? Did I make all those jokes?" Mind you, I'm not ashamed of it, because I know better and I'm not really like that, but looking back on it I really hadn't realized the... volume of these things.

Yeah, I can imagine that might be the case. I can see why you wrote the way you did in this hack given the community you were trying to appeal to though.

As for the typos, it is mostly due to typing quickly, and it was generally direct to Hex, if I recall correctly (in GhebFE). In GhebSaga with the Nightmare tools that were out then I could write on a text file but it was still a bit iffy to work on the typos. I just wanted to put the thing out there. Additionally, any poor phrasing you may have found is largely due to English being my second language.

Interesting. I would never have guessed it was a second language for you, as your grammar mistakes read more like those a native speaker would make due to lack of proofreading than ones a non-native speaker would make. You have a pretty good grasp on English for it being your second language.

There are however a few pet phrases/memes that I do type out because I enjoy them as you will catch above and below.

Here is some fun trivia: I hail from Puerto Rico and only pursue men. Currently very happy with a partner of one year.

Congratulations, glad you're doing well! I myself was already aware of your nationality and sexual orientation. Am I wrong in guessing that it contributed to the large amount of male homoeroticism in these hacks?

Indeed. I don't think I really planned on adding anything even remotely suggesting that into any of the games either. Certainly not because of shame or anything, just didn't think it was appropriate. All these years and I still happily consider myself a furry, but I don't really involve myself in the community.

Makes sense.

It pleases me that despite not really approving of the thing as whole you still wonder what is up with it. I honestly wasn't sure what I was gonna do with MFV. I just had some basic elements that I wanted to add and the story for each chapter came out as I worked on the chapter itself. For example, I wanted to add my ohsee donutsteel and eventually put him in the latest playable chapter shortly before stopping work on it, and I wanted him to fight erryone.

Donutsteel? Interesting. Can you describe him?

I don't think anyone was ever meant to be In-Character (though I see how that could've been one of many tiny saving graces). Instead they were following either some bad GameFAQs fads or something I came up with based on the trends then. Stuff such as "Cornmug" just came to me, though.

Yeah, I can definitely tell.

Yeah, not meant to make sense. Kind of. Sort of. Sorry for the tutorials, guys (I think).

If you ever decide to work on this hack again, I would definitely tone down the difficulty of the tutorial chapters.

Bravo. This brings me back. Glad you found these. I like your dedication sir.

Kiwi, though.

Kiwi was awesome. I wonder where he is now, and if he is still doing that third person Kiwi thing. There was this mini story about Kiwi and his shotgun Bob, and it just stuck to me... I loved it.

I too am curious what happened to Kiwi. He definitely doesn't visit the Fates boards.

My personal success with Atom (or Aotm, Attack of the Morphs) was doing as much as possible with JUST the Nightmare editor and nothing else, if I recall correctly.

Hmm. I'm actually a bit curious about ATOM, and am considering LPing that after the Gheb games. Do you have the most recent patch for it? I've seen a few floating around, but I have no idea how up to date they are.

If you guys haven't read about ChinaFE, then look it up. It is THE base for GhebFE, that and the super weird fanfic. Those two = GhebFE.

I am somewhat familiar with ChinaFE. I've never played it myself, but I've heard the character balance is awful and it relies too much on fake difficulty. Definitely not something I'd want to base a hack on. By the super weird fanfic, are you referring to those written by Naglfar, as he went by back then? i.e. this ff.net user: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/984332/FalgarnTheMagnificent

It was going to be GhebFE (FE8), GhebSaga (FE7), and GhebInfinity (I just made it up now, FE6)

There was a third one planned? Interesting.

Aitos was referring to an still relevant old meme "OC DONUTSTEEL" which is making fun of when people, mostly kids or teenagers, would make a "original character" in an actual setting, that would clash with the setting and basically be "themself" often these would follow with the words "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL" which later became the meme i just mentioned.

Congratulations, glad you're doing well! I myself was already aware of your nationality and sexual orientation. Am I wrong in guessing that it contributed to the large amount of male homoeroticism in these hacks?

Well now I feel silly. You'd be surprised though, the homoeroticism has more to do with the Gheb fad than with myself and my interests. You could say Gheb in these games is Pansexual (in the worst possible sense...)

Donutsteel? Interesting. Can you describe him?

This-

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

Aitos was referring to an still relevant old meme "OC DONUTSTEEL" which is making fun of when people, mostly kids or teenagers, would make a "original character" in an actual setting, that would clash with the setting and basically be "themself" often these would follow with the words "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL" which later became the meme i just mentioned.

1315168850963.png

Its a play on "Original Character: Do Not Steal". Anyway, art is not mine. The character in question is Aitos, which appears with his own class, animation and everything in a late test. However, now I feel I should add a steel pastry somewhere in the game.

Hmm. I'm actually a bit curious about ATOM, and am considering LPing that after the Gheb games. Do you have the most recent patch for it? I've seen a few floating around, but I have no idea how up to date they are.

Apparently all the links are turbo dead. But maybe I can dig something out for you from my oldest Mediafire account if you really want to try it. I really have no idea if it is still there or lost in the ether.

Are you referring to those written by Naglfar, as he went by back then? i.e. this ff.net user: https://www.fanficti...nTheMagnificent

This guy, yes. He planted the other primordial seed of GhebFE. Is he still active anywhere?

There was a third one planned? Interesting.

I just didn't have a name and just figured something out now, but yest, the plan was 3 and more if I could manage, but the circumstances were different back then, and eventually I had to stop working on it, for my own good. I am on a much better track now, trying to find the time to work on something more refined.

Oh, I know what you mean by your original character donutsteel now. I saw those youtube vids you put up. I kind of want to make a hack with coldsteel the hedgeheg in it now...

And I would indeed like to try Attack of the Morphs.

I have no idea if Naggy is still active anywhere. He hasn't posted a fanfic in over 5 years.