PMU  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I NOT bring to Test 10, which is a FOW Map. Pick at least 5.

• Denning
    • THE BOULDER
    • Echidna
    • McCartney
    • Tethys
    • Bronze
    • Glen
    • Ross
    • Tana
    • Cormag
    • Natalie
    • Novala
    • Ai-ke

I didn't even notice the 60 uses. Holy shit, when can I get one of these things? It's also worth noting that the weight buff doesn't even affect anything, as I don't think there are any bow users out there with less than 5 con. Hell, I'm pretty sure they all have at least 6.

I mean, I'm not opposed to buffing the Short Bow a little because crit bonus aside it's pretty weak, and the GBA games in general have some arbitrarily low durability counts for weapons that could be upped, but Superbow there is going overboard.

I disagree, since he also has high skill, and I wouldn't be surprised if his promotion gets a crit bonus, because I know Aitos likes handing those out, so if I give him a Killer Lance I can just have him pull crits out the wazoo to make up for his low strength. He's kind of like a lance myrmidon, but with exaggerated growths. I may or may not have buffed his strength growth to 50 just in case though...

Eh, fair enough. I tend to go for reliable damage dealers more than units who rely on crit to do any damage, even with Myrms (but then again Killing Edges are abnormally strong compared to other swords, so Myrms have an advantage), because getting a crit when you can do no damage is still doing no damage.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, fair enough. I tend to go for reliable damage dealers more than units who rely on crit to do any damage, even with Myrms (but then again Killing Edges are abnormally strong compared to other swords, so Myrms have an advantage), because getting a crit when you can do no damage is still doing no damage.

His strength should still be good enough that only shit like maybe armor knights will completely wall him. But then again, Aitos made this hack, so I probably shouldn't be expecting reasonable stats on the enemies.

All right, might as well do the conclusion...

Test 4 Conclusion: I go on a few rants

cEkqsgv.png

1PaCbQi.png

Now you're getting, "Who Are You" stuck in my head, Batta! But I suppose I can't complain, since it's a good song.

SR7uMCj.png

Isn't Violet a girl's name anyway?

Bronze: sir. You must be Batta? The Beast right?

Batta: Fucking right. Everyone knows me around here.

Glen: I see...

Bronze: Sir, I used to

urJUPhS.png

Interesting. So does that mean he joins in chapter 13B of GhebFE?

CUQme0L.png

Oh and Aitos, ust a side note, if you're going to make your protagonist and idiot, don't make him the leader as well.

Bronze: I guess we're all

3vM5Nzk.png

Tbh, if I were making a crossover hack like this, I wouldn't even bother explaining what FE characters from different games are doing in the same place, and would just kind of roll with it.

Fo9gb9X.png

Batta, you're an idiot who doesn't know anything.

PaRJJGW.png

I KNOW Kiwi is in this game, as he was in MarkyJoe's vids. He replaces Oswin, IIRC. I have a whole explanation about who he is and why he's in the game and why he talks like he does, but I'll save it for when we actually meet him.

xmjHmWp.png

Will we get Karla? And perhaps a certain other unit in the Myrmidon line?

L53bocq.png

We won't be finding out anytime soon!

zbkG2IF.png

Not even MFV? She's the one who summoned them, right?

KW5Y73m.png

Honestly, why isn't Glen the leader? He seems the most "leaderly" of our units so far.

oDliPT6.png

Foreshadowing towards a future unit, or Batta being dumb? Who knows?

nCeVkHv.png

I think it's just Batta being dumb. And don't reference things that wouldn't exist in a medieval fantasy setting, Bronze! Speaking of which, it kind of bugs me that all the FE games don't really show any signs of technological advancement, despite many of them having 1000+ year histories, which is about as long as the real Middle Ages lasted. It's most glaring in Awakening. I'm not saying FE has to go full on Modern RPG, but at least show some technological improvements happening, like maybe include lightbulbs, or trains or something. Maybe even include a Musketeer class that fights using old fashioned Muskets. Zelda timeline C(the one with Spirit Tracks) had a notable technological progression without ever leaving the medieval fantasy setting, I think FE could stand to do that too with any future sequels, and any games in a new setting but with a 1,000+ year history should at least show noticeable technological advancement between then and now, rather than have both time periods be depicted as medieval-esque. At the very least, if technology does remain stagnant over the centuries or whatever, provide a good explanation as to why. But I digress, let's get back to the dialogue.

bbeLlw5.png

I would say lampshading doesn't make it better, but maybe I shouldn't be so harsh about this, as I'll admit I've laughed at jokes like this before, so it's rather hypocritical of me to say things like this, but it's just that GhebSaga doesn't do it in a way that's funny. In fact, the only times I've laughed during this hack were from things the hack didn't intend for me to laugh at, such as when I broke the tutorial. I hope this changes, since I'll admit even GhebFE had a few genuinely funny things among all the dry, tasteless humor.

Bronze: No sir, it's a Globa-

5vTll8Z.png

Suddenly, Denning! I'll be honest, I like the way Aitos phrases his message better. "I await you on the Dread Isle" always seemed like a rather awkward way to phrase it IMO, and I've always thought it would be better worded as "I await you in Dread Isle". His growth total is 350, btw. I'm a bit curious why he has a better base and growth in Defense than Resistance, when in FE7 he had better Resistance than Defence. In fact, Resistance was his strongest stat!

xVtZQzk.png

"Little Timmy fell down the well?"

Bronze(whole thing is a text skip): I think he knows something sir. Hey I was-

Denning: This is a message from Lord Nergal.

Gv4XZYt.png

What about girls? Specifically Marisa, though I'd take any woman at this point just to make my army less of a sausage fest. Especially a healer.

k6zpzvq.png

So we have to go to Dread Isle huh? Thanks Denning! (I wonder if he'll have anything to say when we actually go to Dread Isle)

8YSXYNF.png

One thing I like about these two hacks is that they actually keep at least almost everyone involved, something the main FE games often don't do, mainly due to permadeath and optional recruitments, which is actually one of my biggest gripes with permadeath: it prevents many characters from getting too involved in the story or cutscenes because the game has to account for the character being dead. While they don't have to get rid of permadeath(and probably shouldn't, it's a series staple), they should at least do more to characterize and involve your units outside support conversations, while still accounting for the fact that they might be dead. I do like how Death or Glory had several of its cutscenes vary based on whether or not a unit is dead(or injured, as some of them end up when killed, like that Fighter dude for instance). Radiant Dawn did this, and both it and PoR(and New Mystery) also had base conversations as a way to give some characterization to your non plot important units so long as they weren't dead. I kinda wish base conversations would come back. But I'm ranting again.

Z2wByAy.png

Batta, please don't start talking like Gheb.

wg42doH.png

Where are they anyway? They're two of the best characters so far, though Cormag only in characterization, as he's been lackluster gameplay-wise.

154KYp8.png

Denning runs off screen, while Glen just kind of fades.

Bronze: Not only you interrupt me,

Vd78BmZ.png

I believe that should be "Not only do you interrupt me,", Bronze.

dteesKF.png

I guess Bronze will be carrying the Cube now?

1rK1Wrb.png

This is just to show him moving over.

rkmSUX3.png

I believe it's what allows us to carry shit, so I'd say yeah, probably.

oRVIRep.png

Me Bronze. Me has good English.

5zkqz84.png

And now he's talking to the box.

kgU8tbP.png

Not even bothering to write around this CG, are you, Aitos?

MFV: Fools have no idea

xoQNWss.png

Let me guess, more text skips?

80o7ca0.png

Shit, that's not good, 'cause I'm out of Lunch Cakes. I really hope next chapter will give us a healer.

MFV: Oh well. In the meantime,

1qaeWSh.png

I swear to God, if you say it rhymes with some word that doesn't actually have any words that rhyme with it...

SsuLndA.png

The only pleasant melody you could provide is your own death knell.

9ITJCfN.png

Are you implying this hack can actually provide enjoyment? I don't see it.

jUrWwcW.png

This conclusion was surprisingly short. MFV was actually relatively concise for once. And I'm disappointed in Aitos didn't use the word "waifu" here. Though I suppose the word waifu hadn't really caught on yet when this hack was made, at least according to google trends. In fact, right now the word waifu is at an all time high on google trends. Any, that's it, this update's over.

Next time, I hope I get a healer!

1: The music thing was the same in GhebFE too, and if it continues it'll probably switch to different enemy phase themes as the game goes on. Obviously Aitos is trying to convey a deep, meaningful, Undertale-esque message about how you, the player, are the evil one in this-\

BAHAHAHAHA! ...No. It's just weird and the music isn't that great on Player Phase anyways.

2: The Short Bow is indeed ridiculous. Also, they nerfed the incredibly OP Denning... but NOT the even more ridiculously OP "Trainee" units?

1: The music thing was the same in GhebFE too, and if it continues it'll probably switch to different enemy phase themes as the game goes on. Obviously Aitos is trying to convey a deep, meaningful, Undertale-esque message about how you, the player, are the evil one in this-\

BAHAHAHAHA! ...No. It's just weird and the music isn't that great on Player Phase anyways.

2: The Short Bow is indeed ridiculous. Also, they nerfed the incredibly OP Denning... but NOT the even more ridiculously OP "Trainee" units?

I wouldn't say Denning was nerfed. He just joins us at a lower level, much earlier in the game. His bases are still pretty good, and his growths are great as well, and if trained to promotion, his stats will likely be amazing. And technically the trainees were nerfed, as all of their growths are 70 now instead of 80, and they don't get 10 extra levels. Or at least that's the case with Ross. I have no idea what the deal is with Ewan or Rori-chan, or if they're even in this hack.(I HOPE Rori-chan isn't in this hack) I know Amelia *is* in this hack and replaces Marcus and is a Paladin, but she wasn't a trainee in GhebFE either, as technically she was already promoted to Recruit (2) in GhebFE. I have a feeling both Denning and Ross will be MVPs, especially if I can get Denning a Short Bow.

Anyway, expect an update later today. I'm working on an update to my FE8 RR hack, and I need to playtest to Cormag chapter 10 to make sure Ephraim is in a place where non-fliers can reach him. I'm on chapter 9 right now(which amusingly enough happens to be the one with Gheb in it), so it shouldn't be long, and after that I'll get right back into doing GhebSaga. I'm curious who we'll get next chapter...

" our hards shafts penetrates the deepest holes" Alrite this is starting to get somewhere like GhebFE did. Not saying it went to GREAT places but it sure went somewhere.

It's nice to see more Batta but he ain't as great of a leader as Gheb and Glass were. They were horrible human beings but there was some kind of mystical leadership raep and peerless aura they emanated. Batta doesn't look like a BEAST he looks more like a dumb dudebro.

Not liking the whole portal stuff, it's a bad attempt to try to explain why all these dudes are in FE7. Also GHEBFE felt kinda more fresh than this, in this a lot of the characters are just "sup u too felt down in this weird dimension lol lets get together and find our old team holy shit wait why are these two knight dude sucking each others off in the middle of the street"

It's like in an attempt to be more sane Aitos held back on what made GhebFE GhebFE.

All right, I beat chapter 9, and messed with Ephraim's coordinates until he was in a space that was reachable. The new patch is now out. Just for Moniker, I made Saleh be the one to kill Gheb:

6e2iJti.pngz6zdpTA.png

He even got a great level out of it!

Anyway, now that that's taken care of, it's time to get back to GhebSaga in...

Test 5 prelude: Holding out for a Healer

2UHCIEN.png

I thought they were the mysterious lancejockeys?

8aMep9N.png

I actually agree with Batta here. Kent was especially annoying.

Batta: After that,

3AdpyT9.png

Wait, they slept in a dump? What the actual fuck?

Batta: That fucking weird Denning

igV8m7L.png

Hopefully to a healer. We need one badly.

nHIerrS.pngJyxO1Xw.png

Ohai there Natalie. You're totally relevant to what Batta is talking about.

Batta: If it's another trap,

61jeBb0.png

You better not. He's a competent unit, unlike you.

LW4r2vX.png

I will never get over how ugly this background is.

Denning: This is a message from Lord Nergal.

8ySZcEU.png

I wonder who replaces Dorcas, and if there are any extra units? I really hope we get a healer.

aEoHMRp.png

Batta: Let me remind you, retard, if this is a trap,

kLndjOJ.png

Batta, you're really not one to be insulting the intelligence of others.

jcVsG2G.png

Batta, you just lost any remaining sympathy I had for you.

bkDqN21.png9f6mhtr.png

Please tell me there's a healer in there.

b90ee6C.png

I need a healer! I'm holding out for a healer 'til the end of the night! They've gotta be fast and they must have good Mag and they've gotta stay out of the fight!

Batta: Hmm?

vx2gXnL.png

Are you a healer?

isP0QjW.png

Except we haven't really done any assassining or banditing. Batta can't even steal, ffs, and the only people we've killed so far are ones MFV has sent after us, not people we've been hired to Assassinate.

qwIb0kg.png

A healer I'm hoping.

mxBRnmF.png

Sweet, a new unit. I hope they're a healer!

PsJJ3Ni.png

It's OOC Natalie! Is anyone surprised? I'm just hoping she's a healer like in EN.

F3W8eId.png

This is incredibly OOC for you Nat, but I'll take whatever unit I can get at this point. Especially any healers.

6Va0Puk.png

I'm surprised Batta even knows these words.

U94dQkK.png

I have no idea what Batta even means here.

Natalie: I don't see why not.

2OBJuUF.png

Batta, don't question it. Just be glad we have a new unit.

7R2aebr.pngOkcuoP4.png

Would you stop saying the word retard? It's incredibly offensive and you're far from a genius yourself, Batta.

jhHFtsE.png

Heal I hope.

bbr3nrJ.png

And the staff too... right?

0NshHNV.png

But what about staves?

9wpg70i.png

I guess... she isn't a healer...

b758v3n.png

THE OOCNESS! IT BURNS! Didn't we already kill Dorcas anyway?

hKe0f4Q.png

*cringe*

K0uDamD.png

That's not an excuse for murder, Natalie!

Zn1fiWI.png

Natalie, you're a fucking sociopath. Aitos, here's a tip, if you're going to make one of our units a sociopath, make sure that it's done in an entertaining and over the top way, like with Henry in Awakening.

os5CTRW.png

Is everyone in our army a fucking psychopath?

4ATmrRe.png

I can't tell if Denning is or not.

VDtJchZ.png

Ohai Wil! I guess you're the boss of this chapter?

HpauwdM.png

Not the MFV! Hopefully she keeps it relatively brief this time.

MFV: Also, a senile priest

4a9XA0C.png

Does that mean what I think it means?

w9QkY29.png

I'm gonna try and rout this map if possible.

Wil: I see.

7cLxGEO.png

I wonder who the senile priest is? My guesses would be Wrys, Yoder, or Moulder, leaning towards Moulder.

MROROSZ.png

Magic before promotion? I'll take it.

3sVwzZC.png

I'm totally gonna worry about him! I badly need a healer right now.

h8Kgndr.png

Looks like it's THE BOULDER! He's one of my favorite priests in FE, hopefully he isn't ruined in this hack like he was in GhebFE.

JLcpqKU.png

Hopefully "senility" is his gimmick in this hack, and not "Gheb's accomplice".

j0msrvZ.png

BOULDER, you don't need Gheb, he's a fat, ugly rapist.

jjS2jgt.png

I'll be honest, when I first played FE8, I got THE BOULDER and Vanessa to A support, and was extremely disappointed when they didn't get a paired ending.

kO4s94t.png

I guess he's so senile he's forgtting letters in his words.

Wil: Sir,

A1gOHtD.png

Don't you tell THE BOULDER what to do!

Wil: We don't want to waste

TP9kwaj.png

wWioyWk.png

THE BOULDER knows where it's at!

NPLmWXo.png

It already drove me crazy.

6xJnfeZ.png

GO AWAY!

MFV: I'm the voice?

ZqiNxyd.pngTH9VZtq.png

Don't any of you have respect for your elders? THE BOULDER doesn't need to listen to young'n's like you!

Jdpv3qp.png

This is Moulder's line btw. He says it, then runs off screen quickly while the text box lingers.

Y82WX5i.png

I hope so. I wanna see how awesome THE BOULDER is!

MFV: Indeed.

coYbgfQ.png

In case you forgot what I named the Tactician.

8WVa8TY.png

Poop would gladly help THE BOULDER any day of the week!

wBGjMRh.png

AITOOOOOOOOOOOOS! Don't tell me every enemy is wielding poison weapons! Let's hope THE BOULDER has a Restore staff...

JAUWKqt.png

I believe Ross is carrying it. Got it from Dorcas, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Dorcas was carrying it in case someone tried to poison his mutton?

sJ2IzOB.png

Who cares, let's just recruit THE BOULDER already!

Natalie: They kill from a distance. They're very useful. And stealthy. That way I don't have to get close to any bastard.

Batta: I see...

Cg0rBDF.png

Suddenly Denning!

Batta: What? Enemies?

Natalie: I believe so.

lDQPNoD.png

And a healer to recruit!

sUUGy9p.png

What's this? Weighted is spelled correctly? Ironically, I think this is a typo.

wsZRzRK.png

That's fine by me.

MFV: It should be pretty easy to do.

UCTor4l.png

Weighted is spelled correctly again? I'm so confused.

u8k7jHu.png

I had been planning on sending my units to their deaths, but now I think I won't! Thanks for the suggestion, MFV!

That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.

mtmpUST.png

The only context in which that is the correct spelling of hazard is if you're talking about the Dukes of Hazzard.

j7Bv7f6.png

Yes, you've told me this already.

MFV: It is WILD and RAMPANT,

VdWXxMk.png

Why the fuck is strawberry shortcake the cure for poison anyway?

0QgcW0D.png

It's FE the player's always outnumbered.

tf2L9AP.png

If it is, I won't hesitate to use nightmare to hack my way out of trouble.

MFV: So I bid you good luck.

Anyway, almost every enemy has a Poison weapon, as the intro implied. Even THE BOULDER has one.

wOl5RKQ.pngJS1FrDO.pngYdngPOj.png

Wife, really Aitos? Anyway, here's Natalie. I had to go to the unit menu to be able to look at her stats. She has good speed and not much else. Let's hope her growths are good. Knife seems to replace the Emblem Spear according to Nightmare. She apparently uses her own character slot.

NATALIE'S GROWTHS:

HP 85

STR 25

SKL 60

SPD 40

LCK 60

DEF 25

RES 30

TOTAL 325

Yeah, she's garbage. On to THE BOULDER.

v8d3KlJ.pngUGIt8i4.png1UWdOQa.pngxuBh4am.pngZrgiJLH.png

That's a Heal staff his class description is covering up, btw. Retropoison is an edited Rescue Staff that THE BOULDER can use to attack enemies, and it Poisons too! It can't counter though. Aitos got the affinity wrong again, he should have anima. Compared to his FE8 self, THE BOULDER has 9 more HP, 3 more magic, 1 more skill, 3 less speed, 4 more luck, 2 more defense, 4 more resistance, and 3 more con. Hopefully his speed growth makes up for the loss in base speed, because I need him to be good.

THE BOULDER'S GROWTHS:

HP 90(+10)

MAG 40

SKL 50

SPD 20(-25)!!!!

LCK 55(+35)

DEF 30(+5)

RES 45(+20)

TOTAL 330(+45)

The growth comparisons are to Japanese Moulder, btw, since Moulder's HP and Speed growths were nerfed in the US version for some reason. I'm definitely buffing his speed base and growth back to normal, because there's no way I'm not using THE BOULDER, but I can't have him be slow!

Lw9u6uC.png7UpcEJN.png

I think these two auto level, since I went and used Nightmare to buff THE BOULDER's speed base up to 9, and then restarted the chapter so it could take effect, and now their stats are slightly different. They seem to be better, with the exception of THE BOULDER's HP being down a point, so I'll take it! Natalie still sucks though, she just sucks a little less.

NDAbbjd.pngs0eAwJs.pngiBN9Hig.pngNtJE46l.png

I don't think Wil's description was changed at all. That Hunter's Bow, which replaces the Emblem Sword, looks really good, and I hope I can get one for Denning. Speaking of Denning, I put him there for comparison. He's 6 levels lower than Wil, yet all his stats are the same or better except HP, which is lower by 1. I think it's safe to say Denning is still OP in this hack. And Aitos got Wil's affinity wrong, it should be Wind. Wil has 1 more con than usual, but that Hunter's Bow weighs him down by 4, so it'll tank his AS if he switches to it. Compared to your average level 9 Wil, this Wil has 2 more HP, the same strength, 3 more skill, 1 more speed, 5 less luck, 1 less defense, and 1 less resistance.

Anyway, I'm gonna cut it here. See you guys tomorrow(or technically later today)!

Next time, we recruit THE BOULDER!

All right, I beat chapter 9, and messed with Ephraim's coordinates until he was in a space that was reachable. The new patch is now out. Just for Moniker, I made Saleh be the one to kill Gheb:

6e2iJti.pngz6zdpTA.png

He even got a great level out of it!

Very awesome,Matthewtheman. I hate gheb so much! Thanks for kill rapist!

Let's recruit THE BOULDER in...

Test 5 gameplay: Rescuepoison

LgbyhsN.png

MFV won't let me select Ross. She also says this if I try to move Batta to the wrong spot.

rSlXrWt.png

I have to move Batta here.

WSDREwV.png

Natalie is staying put, since protecting her is the chapter objective.

NCJkJob.pngsh5qrpI.png

Wtf? MFV won't let me kill the senile man with Bronze. Senile man replaces male civilian btw, while wife replaces female civilian. I think I'm just disallowed from moving my guys outside the fort.

JqdzTGj.png

Cormag and Bronze will hold the front lines, while Denning and Glen attack from behind with their ranged weapons.

8XH3i9q.pngruQ22AP.png

THE BOULDER thankfully misses with his Retropoison, but I think this is pre-scripted anyway.

SZP9YBh.png

Bronze unfortunately gets poisoned.

b1S3yFh.png

I strategically equipped Cormag with a sword because I new he would get attack by axes users.

kPu4GN5.png

This is a wall getting poisoned. I have yet to see if it will take poison damage.

MFV: Oy,

LVeyiIG.png

Oh yeah! Shame he doesn't come with a Restore staff.

5OdknP7.pngFMxUJBx.png

I'd recruit him even if it wasn't mandatory.

Tt4KmgJ.pnghhC3qyL.png

I bet his heal will be seeing a lot of use.

Ba5Bvhr.png

Is that really how we're gonna recruit him?

VLxYBMF.png

Enough with the cake references!

lgUkAfO.png

I'm literally all out of Lunch Cakes. I have some strawberry shortcake, but Moulder already has some.

SjG87cQ.png

Obligatory "See what happens if I select someone else" line.

KWhJxHf.pngs74gepc.png

Here's the "Move Batta to the wrong spot" line.

rqck17k.pngXzggWJ8.png

Sigh... This would actually be a kind of amusing recruitment method if this hack hadn't already run any cake jokes into the ground.

KZ8MN5x.png

How could one not recognize THE BOULDER?

Batta: You're Moulder aren't you?

phVK5GT.png

BATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

2MIAFBl.png

Poop could also stand to be saved from the voice.

m0TOX9M.png

THE BOULDER steps forward a bit here.

JAYyG7z.png

It takes more than an annoying voice to drive THE BOULDER crazy!

Batta: I hear it too.

THE BOULDER: You do? Then I'm saved!

32IOaw6.png

I would correct Aitos here, but Batta's been characterized as not very bright so far, so it's not unreasonable to assume Aitos made Batta screw up this idiom on purpose.

vL5e87W.png

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll actually offer him cake.

Nope! The conversation ends with this line.

1omHvqH.png

Not really, cake wasn't even brought up in that conversation.

HWjRc5k.png

THE BOULDER is far from a problem. In fact, he's the SOLUTION to one of our problems, namely a lack of healers.

qJA8Rgs.pngI9AquyS.png

MFV: The wild, rampant POISON

sf8DLiI.png

MFV: Go on, try it!

I guess I have to make THE BOULDER Retropoison an enemy. I was gonna try and Heal Bronze, but I guess not.

Z2GZ4HJ.pngLhGdogy.png

So I guess it still works as a Rescue staff?(Retropoison replaces, Rescue, if you don't remember) That's good.

sZMZjs4.png

I can think of many ways to make "us" of a Rescue staff.

EeEqKC7.png

Here's to stopping Pent(or his replacement) from stealing the EXP in that one chapter.

FwzJkAA.png

Yep, definitely still has the Rescue function. Might as well name it Rescuepoison.

obndY3G.png

THE BOULDER gives this Bandit a taste of his own medicine(or rather, poison), even critting with it.

CuIdvtS.png

But my turn barely started! All I did was recruit THE BOULDER and Poison an enemy!

9SWM4XZ.png

Yep. Not for the first few tutorial chapters though.

MFV: It's true!

YBsPxty.png

I've been playing these games for two years. I'm no noob, though I'm not exactly a veteran either. And no, I didn't start with Awakening(unless you count the demo), but it did get me interested in the series, and I played several of the titles(namely 6, 7, and 11) before getting Awakening for my birthday that year. My birthday is in August, btw.

FpQtSof.png

Noob is an incredibly mild word though.

JdC3Fh5.png

Thankfully, I'm not forced to end my turn here, but I now have the option to end my turns early if I so desire.

fXa7Bdq.png

Bronze grabs Ross's shortcake to heal his poison.

kLtjjpS.png

And Ross replaces Bronze in the defensive lines. Being a sword user, he's better there than Bronze anyway.

byjhdaQ.png

Ross gets a great level, as always. Luck would have been nice, but considering he's up against axe users, he doesn't need the extra avoid.

rLe28x8.png

Denning gets an okay level finishing off the Brigand that attacks Cormag.

pA3quO1.png

Cormag, this is why you need to proc speed. At least you're defense is good enough that you take scratch damage.

pS5AH75.png

I have Cormag attack this senile man with an Iron Sword, so that he maintains WTA against the Brigands. Without the WTA against the Merc though, the merc can actually damage him, but it's only for 1 damage and he's probably getting poisoned no matter what. Glen helps out by Javelining the senile man from behind Cormag, though it doesn't kill. Maybe I should've used Iron Lance with Cormag, so Glen could kill it. The Brigands ended up going after Ross anyway. Natalie's staying put, of course.

LnUnzPu.pngQbg2Gvn.png

This is to show Retropoison can't counter, and how glad I am for buffing Moulder's speed.

Wil: This...

qA1mO01.png

This is his way of summoning reinforcements.

8qZXLlf.png

THE BOULDER heals Bronze.

9pRtsw8.pngFoirott.png

I decide "to hell with defending!" and decide to let Natalie kill something. She seems to be in a thief-esque class, and is a redhead in her battle palette for some reason.

GES8YWB.png

Cormag heals his poison and gives Bronze a jav.

ms8aaM1.png

Bronze kills the senile man and shows why he's basically a lance myrmidon. It's actually rather fitting, since in the Tellius games that basically what soldiers were, though Nephenee was the only playable one whose growths were very myrm-like.

IIg4GHJ.pngXAvVPcS.png

Bronze further proves my comparison by being dodgy as fuck, even when faced with WTD.

Pj2CUYf.png

The wall was knocked down, but I can easily have my dudes start defending from the west, since the southern forces are all but decimated.

jq3BWWe.png

Oh look, THE BOULDER and Natalie can talk.

fhRyGT2.png

New theory: Moulder was the one who poisoned Dorcas in the commercial.

THE BOULDER: Do I know you?

Natalie: I don't think so.

sLkpWFx.png

How? I don't even think she was in GhebFE.

2jKYVEZ.png

In case you forgot what his gimmick is.

Yo3rln0.png

He then walks off screen.

okSU5c2.png

What a dumb and pointless conversation.

g6IsEjk.png

Dammit Cornmug!

U0r8not.png

Get some speed, Denning! Just a point more and you can double most of these enemies!

wb1JZxs.png

Nice Bronze! These are probably the 3 stats I want the most out of him, because I want him to be a very critty unit.

RMTm9Bk.png

Fuck, I forgot fliers don't get terrain bonuses.

SCxWZuw.png

THE BOULDER continues to dodge tank.

WP3kxSc.png

Cormag, you really want to get benched don't you?

vfIuO6t.png

Look, your brother just completely showed you up! He got all the stats you did, and skill! He may not have gotten speed, but unlike you, he's already procced it once or twice!(I forget what his base is)

QfZEIzi.png

Ross is going to take over for Glen as the "forest tank".

uMW2uLB.png

Bronze crits on his first hit, which is nice, since while he would have doubled him anyway, killing him on the second hit, it's nice to have a weapon use conserved.

AYgc39z.png

Batta gets speed again! If he keeps it up, he may be of use, though he shouldn't neglect his skill. I don't want him to end up like Gonzales, with excellent strength and speed but accuracy so poor he can't take advantage of it.

Ob6kVPd.png

Ross gets an amazing level, of course.

35L8qMa.png

We're so close to done, I don't even care about this.

QaXRCDF.png

Ross crits this guy. Ross is definitely my best unit right now.

TbgiIl2.png

I'm gonna have Bronze do in Wil, because I want to at least kill him before the chapter ends.

O36gcXa.png

Natalie gets her first level, and it sucks.

y6DPmZY.png

Batta crits this guy. It's a good thing all these Mercs have lancereavers, otherwise Batta wouldn't be able defend the eastern chokepoint like I've been having him do. Don't let his hit rate fool you into thinking his 5 skill is sufficient though. He only has perfect accuracy because Sodomizer boosts his skill by three and reaver weapons double weapon triangle bonuses(meaning Batta's getting +30 hit here over the usual +15 for WTA).

fz1ZWaP.pngLOIkcxD.png

Don't you mean... you Wil? *gets shot*

tS47kZt.png

Why is your hair blue?

5LCtmi7.png

Denning shows who top archer is around here by killing Wil.

RFDUEJR.pngardNg5y.png

Death quote!

HUuaXVx.png

Ross gets a perfect level murdering a bandit. He somehow got hit and poisoned in the process, but it's the last turn, so it doesn't matter.

6pbEV3G.png

To close off, Bronze gets a good level on EP. I barely failed to rout the map, there was one enemy who survived. This map was nowhere near as hard as it was hyped up to be. I didn't need to reset once.

Next time, see what happens next in the unexciting Test 5 conclusion!

All right, I'm gonna jump straight into the conclusion, because I want to get test 8 up by June 18 for certain reasons. If you need a hint, it happens to be a certain very famous musician's birthday that day, and in Test 8 we recruit a character named after said musician. This means I need to be going at a rate of 1 test per day, so let's do...

Test 5 conclusion: Siren Songis

M2eoDsB.png

I guess Wil survived?

rRcWayc.png

I think that's one of the shortest lines MFV has had. After this is a scene change.

MFV: Congratulations,

odzo2yj.png

Honestly, the chapter gimmick was nowhere near as frustrating as I was expecting. I bet if Aitos tried to submit that chapter as a ragefest, Markyjoe would just laugh at how tame it is, and then disqualify it for being an existing FE7 mission, only with poison weapons.

vjtk2Kb.png

Come Aitos, even Valve was sick of this meme by the time this hack was made.

RtyGQEF.pngHRNsaOT.png

Poor Dorcas. Not only does he have to suffer being poisoned in the commercial, being a kind of sucky unit, and being degraded to Glass's replacement, his wife wants to kill him for allegedly cheating on her! Honestly, given his characterization in Test 3, I find it hard to believe he actually cheated on her, since all of his lines were either about Natalie or finding the Sodomizer.

j6lePT5.png

Come to think of it, I don't think she ever mentioned her husband was Dorcas when she joined us.

JsaCaqX.png

As if! I have pictorial evidence that it was Ross who got the kill.

I4lAe32.png

Technically, it's Ross you owe.

Batta: You did say that

lQYG9AD.pngMPEWRBY.png

Batta, being the jerk he is, doesn't even mention who really killed her husband.

s15fI74.png

Is Ross really gonna just let Batta steal the credit?

igGMSr6.png

Batta the Beast, AKA the worst leader ever.

MRLA2tO.png

I wonder if Natalie can steal. After poking around in Nightmare, I discover she can't, though she does get +15 crit. However, she can't promote, and sadly, neither can Moulder. And the level cap has not been edited, so both will become useless eventually, or at least Natalie, who's technically already useless, since Moulder at least has staff utility.

Natalie: Oh, yes. I've heard about you. It's actually an honor to meet you, sir Beast.

Batta: Thanks, little lady. Now let's get the fuck out of here.

G0uUHMo.png

And the scene changes.

FWQSaK3.png

THE BOULDER: I must thank you, the voice has stopped talking to me.

6t6mBqn.png

I wish I could grow a mustache as cool as Moulder's.

Batta: Right, right. Look, try not to

UlvNc4o.png

Batta, it's either all right or alright, never allright.

xkv0jqC.png

I dunno, he didn't get hit once last chapter. Maybe he's like Cervantes, and his mustache makes him invincible.

MD1FjcE.png

I bet had the Gheb hacks been made after Awakening, Cervantes would have been playable in them. In fact, it's not too late to add Cervantes to this hack.

lvlbIMg.png

Me, to Aitos about finishing this hack. It may be crap, but it's incomplete crap, dammit!

2BjsJeP.png

Glowing stick, really Batta?

fLM9Pbz.png

Let me guess, Moulder found the Companion Cube.

NlWMECb.png

I can't believe Aitos didn't even give THE BOULDER a custom promotion. In Gheb FE, he got one, and it could even wield axes like the later War Monk class could. It's kind of funny, because there was this one guy in the GhebFE thread who was incredibly opposed to giving priests axes, when Awakening would do the same thing years later.

UH1mGjU.png

Yep, he found the Cube. I think these are meant to replace the scenes where your newly recruited units would speak directly to you and introduce themselves.

THE BOULDER: Oh,

STT0B8m.png

29ecEDG.png

QKVAHDQ.png

WTF???

mJlMHun.png

NOOOOOOO! And just as I thought the chapter was ending.

U9xFXKl.png

Songis? Lrn2spacebar.

MFV: Its vibrato shatters all

Hxuor9X.png

Wether. Also, that should be it's, with an apostrophe. Unless the glass belongs to the vibrato of the siren songis.

v3Xpgqy.png

Gets getting better? Aitos, do you even proofread, bruh?

HrpsPjx.png

Okay, but I probably won't do it until tomorrow.

gRq5MWC.png

Seriously?

Next time, we get another healer!

Wow that new chapter (Test 5) was awesome and indeed " Is my army full of psycopaths" is basically what GhebFE/Saga is all about and it's pretty damn awesome, it's like that one new movie coming up Suicide squad except with more raep, it's fun for once to be on the side of the insane/bad guys. What's cool is that you get a couple normal guys in that like Cormag, Ross and Glen that try hard to fit in with the rest of the psycho guys, it's a nice contrast.

I just looked it up with Nightmare, and soldier doesn't seem to promote either. The MFV lied to me! In fact, none of the promotions have been edited at all. Goes to show how incomplete this hack is. Makes me wonder why Aitos seems to have abandoned it.

I just thought of this, but couldn't you have in theory skipped the tutorial and straight to Batta Hard Mode using a .sav file from vanilla FE7? I'm assuming there was no way for Aitos to mess with the unlock conditions, given that he couldn't gut the tutorial in the first place.

In other news, Aitos again takes cues from DDOP (or maybe it's the other way around?) and has Natalie playable. Do you think he forgot to make her non-essential after this chapter like the maker of DDOP did?

At least Natalie can actually move, and doesn't act like some weird buggy convoy you need to keep alive!

Anyways, that chapter title... phew. I hope you'll be killing this Church of Gheb, and not working with them.

Also, is this "Church of Gheb" an officially recognized religion, or more like a cult? But then, establishing that would require something called "world building", and we all know that's the last priority here.

I just thought of this, but couldn't you have in theory skipped the tutorial and straight to Batta Hard Mode using a .sav file from vanilla FE7? I'm assuming there was no way for Aitos to mess with the unlock conditions, given that he couldn't gut the tutorial in the first place.

In other news, Aitos again takes cues from DDOP (or maybe it's the other way around?) and has Natalie playable. Do you think he forgot to make her non-essential after this chapter like the maker of DDOP did?

I could have done Batta hard mode, but given my experience fighting Lyn without tutorial hax on my side, I think I'd need rng abuse just to get past Test 1. I'm pretty sure Aitos actually did remember to make Natalie non-essential, but I could be wrong, I'll have to test it out.

At least Natalie can actually move, and doesn't act like some weird buggy convoy you need to keep alive!

Anyways, that chapter title... phew. I hope you'll be killing this Church of Gheb, and not working with them.

Also, is this "Church of Gheb" an officially recognized religion, or more like a cult? But then, establishing that would require something called "world building", and we all know that's the last priority here.

Yeah. Honestly, if there's anything FE6 Merlinus has over FE7 Merlinus, it's that he can move from the start, and he doesn't have to be deployed to send stuff to the convoy, only to retrieve it.

And come on Moniker, do you think we'd ever actually be going against Gheb. And yeah, I doubt we can count on this game to have much world building.

I went ahead and buffed THE BOULDER's caps to a mix match of the male Sage and Bishop caps from SS, going with whichever class had the higher cap, and buffed his growths by 100%. He may be doomed to remain an unpromoted staffbot, but I'll make sure he's the best damn unpromoted staffbot there ever was. I don't care enough about Bronze or Natalie to give them this treatment, so too bad for them.

Anyway, let's get into...

Test 6 prelude: Why is Tana a Cleric?

zTyrSbs.png

Looks like Batta and co. are around the Bern/Sacae border.

Hb4xtQQ.png

I guess we're venturing into Bern now.

Batta: I met up with a strange

J35Aa6L.png

Whoa, I don't recall Natalie ever saying she was beaten. Unless beaten is being used in some other context?

HhBiuWR.png

Batta's portrait left the screen.

Batta: both the beaten wife and

U8fwxMA.png

Oh, I guess we're going to Lycia then.

Batta: Some[sic] tells me

8L3HR5H.png

I guess we'll be getting Tana this chapter? That's nice, we could use a speedy flier.

idYf9Xr.png

I have a theory about what this ugly background is. I think it's a map of Mars from back when it had water.

NNP7Wrg.png

Y'know, I don't think the later chapters were edited at all yet, so I think I'll make Denning kill himself in that one chapter.

Batta: tell me why we went this way.

fdCn0dJ.png

Stray what? Dogs?

jfnqp9c.png

So in other words, we don't really have much of an itinerary, and we're just going wherever we feel like hoping to bump into some of the old Gheb crew.

VbxO8oU.png

That's actually a bit of an amusing thing to imagine. It didn't make me laugh, but I did smirk a little.

n3VBaj7.png

How would you even know? I'm pretty sure our goal here is to find all the old GhebFE allies and recruit them to our side, and I don't think we've gotten any indication that there are any this way, other than Tana appearing in the opening narrative, which these characters wouldn't know about.

Batta: But... I was planning on sharpening my axes. So much killing gets them dull, you know.

Natalie: Heh, so you're not assasins[sic],

mWaHgFv.png

It's a better analogy than assassins, but I'm pretty sure serial killers' murders are premeditated, whereas we're just kind of killing these people who've been hired to kill us out of self defense. We're more like outlaws on the run, really.

UVJAuMK.png

Denning gets his first line this chapter.

efkGOks.png

Aitos, this is all but an informed attribute, but considering everyone we've had to kill so far has been hostile to us and would have killed us if we didn't kill them first, I suppose they don't really qualify as innocents. But seriously, nothing about Batta has given me the impression that he doesn't kill innocents. Hell, didn't his description in FE7 say he was known for his savagery or something like that?

Batta: That's bullshit. Everywhere we go,

Zfy9xqM.pngDz4mVCn.png

This is true. MFV sure doesn't let up, huh?

MSflcq8.png

This would probably be better worded as "I don't know what their fucking problem is."

zALxDoQ.png

Speak of the devil.

35jMj7P.png

Is every FE7 character gonna be a boss?

Qj5o1Fy.png

Doesn't GLaDOS speak in formal language? I don't think she'd say something as informal as "ain't". But I've never played Portal, so I could be wrong.

ZLijKcc.png

It's hard to tell if this is intentional bad grammar or not, but I'm leaning towards intentional.

18BMrxZ.png

What is Poop being tested on anyway, and why?

hx0JVoR.png

Isn't Florina only supposed to stutter around men?

itslEAz.png

AGH MY EYES! The NPC colors are horrible!

dEeBo9Q.png

So I guess Tana is a healer? Why? She was still a Peg Knight in GhebFE. And we already have THE BOULDER. And is that Novala I see behind her?

0ZLB0u7.png

Novie? Yep, definitely Novala. I've heard he sucks, but I'll wait until I've seen his stats and growths before making any judgements.

Novala: I hate my life every day

53cpOqH.png

Aren't you technically complaining right now?

ROA2OGJ.png

I'm curious about this myself.

nUFt66i.png

Mavel.

vWvAS6s.png

I don't. And it's incredibly OOC for Tana to worship Gheb. In FE8, she shows nothing but disgust for him and even calls him a beast.

blKyKdI.png

Is he saying this to comfort her or out of irritation with her?

hPAC8j9.png

Still not sure.

tXgIRLt.png

"Oh darn"? That's her response? That hardly sounds like someone on the brink of tears.

Tana: What use is the Church of Gheb

XxI2Yry.png

Why does Gheb have his own church anyway? You know, as much as people like to complain about Ephraim, RD Ike, Micaiah, Kris, Katarina, Robin, Corn, etc. being Mary Sues, I think Gheb in these hacks is a far bigger Mary Sue than any of them could ever hope to be.

Novala(text skip): But there are no followers for that-

ymcAn7g.png

So far, every time a character has been interrupted by another, the interrupted character's line has been a text skip, making me think it's intentional. While it does add a bit of realism or whatever, it's still bad because text skips are bad. I'm only able to catch all these because I have the text speed on Normal. Were I to set it to fast or max, like I usually do, I probably wouldn't catch any of them.

Novie: Ok, calm down... Let's keep moving.

QykuzMZ.png

And Novala runs off. They both then move forward a bit on the map...

ZDWf4tT.png

...and are now out of the forest, I guess.

PPM71M1.png

Is that like her catch phrase or something?

Tana: Well...

9KvvWea.png

You should see several.

7Q3uQeK.png

Holy fuck, what is wrong with Novala?

Dodfe3O.png

Fluxor, really?

08VFkH8.png

Novala doubled her, but she somehow survived with 4 HP. I suppose it's better than DDOP, where the enemy survived with 0 HP, and died the moment you attacked it.

U1j6MAv.png

I believe by "friends" she means NPCs.

6qLfioN.png

Their map sprite colors are horrendous.

MFV: As initial[sic] part of this test,

3sERhVF.png

Why do I have the feeling the recruitment convo will have nothing to do with cake?

MFV: Later on, you'll be left on your

dhbN9fg.png

This has been a thing since Test 2, why do you only tell me this now?

1HVPbyo.png

Status staves already? Unless Tana has a Restore staff, I'm calling BS. In fact, I'm still gonna call BS, because introducing status staves this early on in the game is just stupid.

h5I4IAl.png

Except none of the talk convos have involved cake.

8NaUMLL.png

So NPC units are supposed to be white? They look more like a horrid combination of grey, yellow, and purple. Anyway, PP starts after this line. I've noticed MFV's lines have been getting shorter and shorter. Hopefully the trend continues. Since we have the screenshot room, I think I'll show off all the enemy units this prelude. But first, our player ones! Btw, I notice Natalie's stats and inventory can still only be viewed from the unit menu. I think its a quirk of her character slot.

vRUpyGB.pngXutesGg.png

First though, I want to show that the generic female archer that attacked Novie actually does start with 0 HP, and has Rath's portrait for some reason, in addition to having a different description from the rest of the generics despite also being named "Bandit".

LZ0sR5w.pngNSdUErE.pngFgIOKxP.png

Tana is not fugly! She's one of the more attractive FE ladies IMO. Thank God she comes with Restore. Anyway, in addition to class, her affinity is also wrong, as it should be wind. Despite being 3 levels lower, her bases are almost exactly the same as in FE8. Her HP is the same, her strength/magic is the same as JP Tana and 1 more than US Tana, her skill and speed are the same as US Tana and 1 more than JP Tana, her Luck is the same, her Defense is 5 lower than JP Tana and 4 lower than US Tana, her Resistance is 3 higher than FE8 Tana(either region), and he con is the same. According to Markyjoe, she has a really good defense growth, but I'll have to see for myself...

TANA'S GROWTHS:

HP 65

MAG 30(-15)

SKL 55(+15)

SPD 80(+15)

LCK 55(-5)

DEF 60(+40)

RES 20(-5)

TOTAL 365(+45)

Holy shit. Markyjoe was not wrong about her Defense. I think Tana will be a very welcome addition to the team. Her Mag could stand to be better, but she's got a good base, and I can always fix that with Nightmare.

r8hnKJc.pngRuVmvio.pngmngOWXk.png

Fluxor is a renamed Flux. Did you know Novala had an affinity? I didn't until I looked it up just now. Apparently, all the FE8 bosses have affinities. Novala's is wrong in this game, he should have Fire. Anyway, for being 9 levels lower, his stats are barely worse than his FE8 ones. He has 4 less HP, the same Magic, 2 less skill, 1 less speed, 4 less luck, the same defense, 1 more resistance, and 1 more con. That speed is horrible, but let's see his growths...

NOVALA'S GROWTHS:

HP 65

MAG 70

SKL 45

SPD 30

LCK 50

DEF 30

RES 25

TOTAL 315

Markyjoe was right, Novala is garbage. He's worse than Natalie, though I suppose he can at least promote. Hopefully we'll get a better dark magic user. Let's look at Florina.

kDGIVB0.pngqJ89Wns.pngitSrzKM.png1ZDaJk5.png

Demi Lance replaces Emblem Seal and seems to have an Eclipse effect, according to Nightmare. I think Heart Cake replaces Elixir. Florina's affinity is wrong, of course. It should be Light. Compared to your average level 8 Florina, this one has 3 more HP, the same strength, 3 more skill, the same speed, 7 less luck, 2 less Defense, 3 more resistance, and 2 more con. She definitely seems threatening. Now to show off the generics. I'll spoiler tag it for you guys:

2DU9tba.pngD182hiE.pngPZiL3H2.pngewRQjj4.pnguJRcR4g.pngnTfXzRF.pngEJBw9x7.pngVaQtx95.pngze5AHjX.pngtjI5b5b.pngYnmjloD.png7lribW1.pngwfCdpgr.pngMoxMbpy.pngz3swMel.png2LpqYBo.png1aWoTIZ.pnglf0doZF.png7BYFQoH.pngG3WQyoi.png

As you can see, there's a second Rath portrait Archer. This isn't all the generics, there's a few more, but imgur is being slow right now and it's not worth showing off the remaining generics when their inventories are the same as ones already shown and their stats are barely different, if at all.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try and get the next part up ASAP.

Next time, we recruit Tana and Novie!

Wow! Aitos actually altered enemy positions! That's new, and a major change from GhebFE, which was a reskinned FE7! Of course, it's very much put things not in your favor, naturally.

Also, I think Novala might be better than his GhebFE incarnation, but I don't remember enough to be sure. Tana's built more like a wyvern than a pegasus, what with that defense...

I did get an answer to my question about the church: It isn't an actual religion, it's just two people looking for their leader. Figures.

Gotta love Denning just sniffing around and automatically knowing where to go. Some people develop useless stuff like language and the ability to communicate, others develop the ability to kill everyone without breaking a sweat and a good sense of smell.

Tana missed Gheb so much she killed her pegasus and became a cleric. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Wow! Aitos actually altered enemy positions! That's new, and a major change from GhebFE, which was a reskinned FE7! Of course, it's very much put things not in your favor, naturally.

I think you mean reskinned FE8. This one's the FE7 reskin. But yeah, this hack is a bit less of a reskin than GhebFE, and even has at least one custom map. It's still a reskin for the most part though, which I think actually works in its favor, since I can only imagine what a fully custom hack made by Aitos would be like...

Also, I think Novala might be better than his GhebFE incarnation, but I don't remember enough to be sure. Tana's built more like a wyvern than a pegasus, what with that defense...

Regardless of if he's better than his GhebFE incarnation, Novala is still garbage. Looking at his growths in your topic, he is indeed a bit better, but like I said, he's still garbage, as Aitos neglected to fix his major flaws, namely that shit speed. Novala is going to get doubled and murdered by pretty much everything, throughout the entire game. He can't even stand up to the enemies in this map! I forsee a future warming the bench for Novala.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Silly Aitos, Demi can't kill enemies, it can only reduce their HP by a percentage.

...Why does Rath's portrait show up for generic archers? Is he supposed to be Roro from New Mystery of the Emblem? I almost want to lift up the metaphorical hood and see what combination of duct tape and prayers makes this hack run when I see stuff like this.

Also, the color palettes for the map sprites are horrible and eye-searing.

Edited by AzureSen

Silly Aitos, Demi can't kill enemies, it can only reduce their HP by a percentage.

...Why does Rath's portrait show up for generic archers? Is he supposed to be Roro from New Mystery of the Emblem? I almost want to lift up the metaphorical hood and see what combination of duct tape and prayers makes this hack run when I see stuff like this.

Also, the color palettes for the map sprites are horrible and eye-searing.

maybe its like glitch rath?

All right, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind schedule. Yesterday, I discovered Jim Sterling, and ended up binge watching his videos, and I'm still not done, just taking a break to focus on the LP. I suppose discovered isn't the right word, as I've heard of him before, but this is the first time I've ever watched any of his videos, and I quickly became addicted. Anyway, I'm going to try to get at least the prelude of Test 8 out by the end of June 18, so I'm gonna have to really go ham on Tests 6 and 7. I won't even sleep if that's what it takes.

So without further adieu, let's do...

Test 6 gameplay: Is Natalie a game over character? Find out!

I start by selecting someone who isn't Batta, of course.

MFV: The COMPANION CUBE

IfN6mAT.png

utIoLIS.png

I doubt we're even gonna offer them cake.

GHsgdq7.png

THE CAKE IS A LIE! I'm being serious here, none of the talk convos have involved cake. Maybe that's the joke?

qYUZFzF.png

gAylUnJ.png

TANA IS NOT FUGLY!

Tana: !! Batta! I'm so glad you're here.

Batta: If anyone can sniff

8pRfF1t.png

Tana has to be the most OOC character in these hacks.

Batta: Let's go.

eVOiFZT.png

And Batta leaves.

InDEJSo.png

And Tana runs offscreen.

Botzezx.png

That should be "for me", Novie.

RxjNEU9.png

I'll reiterate, THE CAKE IS A MOTHERFUCKING LIE, GODDAMNIT!

T5DJlRY.png

*cringe*

qkjdjLO.png

Good riddance, I say. He's a shit unit that wants to die anyway.

MFV: As you can see,

kDVmNV7.png

And she's actually trainable now!

5MHbajC.png

Not really. I already have THE BOULDER for healing, and a second flier, especially a fast flier, would be very convenient. But I won't object to a second healer either. I find it's best to have two healers, because otherwise, who would heal your healer should they get hurt?(Not that they should be getting hurt in the first place, but just in case.

JOTv2PV.pngRarKMo8.png

HE WANTS TO DIE!

bC4K8XK.png

I guess Aitos is sticking to correctly spelling "weighted".

1LWTgaD.png

You couldn't have done the healing tutorial last chapter?

5WGSw2l.png

I'm not inept, just curious what you'll say if I try to stray from the guided rails of Lyn Mode's tutorials.

wR9sKkL.png

These palettes actually look rather nice.

ElIBJCL.png

Clercis.

csbeiHS.png

I think this might be foreshadowing of how

the Companion Cube replaces Merlinus, and as such must be protected.

3WwNtWN.png

Basically, we have to kill NotRath with Novie, right?

XizaARN.png

I thought it was called Fluxor now? Anyway, let's select someone who isn't Novie and see what MFV has to say.

eJubVar.png

"Hate" is putting it mildly, tbh.

PWJ0jkm.png

Unless it's in the hand of a shit unit like Novala. Seriously, he's got Hector's base speed, but an even worse growth. And unlike Hector, who has sufficient con to wield pretty much anything with little to no AS penalty, Novie doesn't have the con to avoid AS penalties when wielding anything heavy than a Fluxor, unless you've made dark tomes much lighter, which if you have, good on you, as if there's one thing I dislike about FE7'z gameplay changes over FE6, it was making tomes much heavier. Tomes should not be heavy. They are fucking books. But considering Flux has only lost 1 weight, I don't exactly have high hopes. But seriously, you can't give a unit a sub-35 speed growth and expect them to be good unless their base speed is already sufficient, which Novala's is. A unit can usually get by with 35 however, as evidenced by units such as Hector or Canas, since as long as their base is good enough, while they probably won't double often, they should generally have enough to avoid getting doubled themselves. But given the inflated stats enemies have in this hack, I doubt even 35 is enough to get by without a good base. But I'm rambling again, but seriously, Novie sucks so bad even Luna probably won't save him.

XOzkmw8.png

Yep. It's part of why some people consider Magic to be OP. The low resistance most enemies tend to have is another factor. Novie definitely isn't OP though. But maybe he'll be better in practice than he seems in theory, and I'm just underestimating him.

0tCuUio.png

This meme reference is one I'd actually consider good, since unlike a lot of times this line is used, where it's done in a context outside of war or battling, it actually makes sense to be used in this context, given FE is a series about battling enemy armies, and if I were someone who lived under a rock and hadn't heard this oft repeated G.I. Joe quote, I would probably pay it no mind and just assume it was referring to how knowledge is key in strategy games like this. It's not a funny reference, but it's not a blatant out of context meme reference like a lot of the ones in the Gheb duology are.(ZA WARUDO, anyone?)

cTWrwbP.png

MFV doesn't have anything to say if I try to move Novie somewhere the tutorial doesn't want me to, but Novala does have several choices in spaces to move to here. I'll pick the mountain.

hbnFaOg.png

Reminder that this foe is literally at 0 HP.

bN9jXIY.png

Now that the tutorial part of the map is over, I've made a savestate, because I want to try and get Natalie killed, to see if she's still a game over character. I won't be counting it towards the death count, because I'm doing it entirely intentionally and purely for testing purposes, instead of it being caused by poor strategy on my part or RNG screwage.

ezGzTrN.png

Natalie's gonna head as deep into enemy range as possible, while the rest of my units try to avoid the enemies.

ynckbqS.png

This foe doubled her, but she dodged the first hit.

0v4TQU6.png

Luckily, the next foe also attacks her, and kills her.

cU0pKNL.png

Here's her death quote.

DJSPf7L.png

The game continues, meaning she is NOT a game over character, thus proving Aitos is a better hacker than Mig64. Not that there was any doubt, as GhebFE actually has some impressive hacking put into it, especially given when it was made, and it Aitos clearly put a lot of effort into it, whereas DDOP is the quintessential example of a lazy, poorly tested, badly made hack. Anyway, time to load state.

ArzKUhr.png

This is how things look at the end of turn 1. THE BOULDER is rescuing Natalie so she doesn't get murderized by the enemy pegs this time.

uoYFxpn.png

THE BOULDER gets what would've been an okay level had I not boosted all his growths by 100. For some reason, using Retropoison to rescue has a battle animation where you attack the rescuee with what I believe is Nosferatu's animation for no damage.

LUTF0bs.pngHdzeM78.png

Are you fucking kidding me? Apparently the Demi Lance has a Brave effect, because it this lady attacked twice, and hit both times, on a 43%! I should have realized it earlier, when she attacked Natalie twice when I know Natalie is faster. This is complete and utter bullshit, and I will not stand for it. I'm going to hack the Brave effect off of this motherfucker, because this is outright Fake Difficulty. Hitting twice for half a unit's HP makes it completely luck based and blatantly unfair.

AiokKI9.png

This time, THE BOULDER is rescuing Tana, because the tutorial forces you to leave her in the range of several enemies, which is also an example of Fake Difficulty. Seriously, I can't strategize around this, I can only RNG abuse or Rescue staff. Ditto with the Demi Lance, especially when it's impossible for me to keep everyone out of the Demi Lance peg's range, even if I use the Rescue staff.

iCF5b38.pngi7DW1jY.png

Here's the Rescue animation and THE BOULDER's new level up.

U4qrQ8C.pngi5FOymf.pngfsGF3bW.pngODwDfBb.pngFdJ3ZCz.png65fIf4M.png

It turns out, since I loaded a save state instead of restarting the chapter, that the Demi Lance kept its Brave effect, but thankfully, he dodges the second hit of the Demi Lance this time. However, he manages to get hit by LITERALLY EVERTHING ELSE, and barely survives with 1 HP.

pSqkfaj.pngqlrzj3d.pngviK19Nt.pngA4xbAkB.png

Novie thankfully dodges one of the hits of the Demi Lance.

KVvoT22.pngn4h28ra.png

After making a save state(separate from the one I made at the chapter's start, of course), I have THE BOULDER heal Ross and Tana heal Novala, then, as pictured, I have Novala and Natalie team up to kill the Demi Lance peg.

zHO89yu.png

Cormag gets a terribad level one rounding a peg that he can only one round because Javs are heavy and it has shit con. I then have his brother visit a house...

xpGvBdp.png

MFV: If you'd just press

h2MDEc4.pnghN600qt.png

I love the irony of her insulting my "ingelligence", when she can't even spell the word intelligence right.

9Ondbv2.pngAbnxeeV.pngOUGp6xl.png

I have Batta Sodomize Florina because she also wields the Demi Lance, and is therefore a huge threat. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the Demi Lance can't double, or rather, quadruple, as Florina has an AS of 12 to Novie's 5, meaning she should have quadrupled him, yet she only doubled. And I know it still has its Brave effect because the battle previews show it doubling units it shouldn't double without a Brave effect. Because I've killed both Demi Lance wielders, I may give it its brave effect back, especially in case I ever get to have one. But that'll wait until after I've done the gameplay part.

xdFs5Qp.png

Batta gets an alright level. It's the two stats he's pretty much guaranteed to get(both of which are very useful stats in their own right), plus the stat he's weakest in, and I won't object to units working on fixing their weaknesses.

x9nhZWE.pngmBMcqqb.pngkqi2fKE.png7NkGVbP.pngm3g4yaA.pngPwmcio7.pngyLji75z.png

Here's how EP goes. I consider letting her stay dead, but ultimately decide since I can redo this turn the same way but using Cormag over Nat to kill the Demi peg, Natalie's death was easily preventable, and I load my save state.

dGdFdgj.png

Cormag's level is ever so slightly better.

gwRJnSo.png

As is Batta's. I'll sacrifice Res for speed any day of the week.

BW5qjmT.pngQvhmsge.pngJV5baly.pngeeMgxxy.png

This EP goes much better, though Tana, my Restore user, mind you, gets sleeped on a 14%.

MFV: Oh, you break in here,

srfGJwG.png

I have Cormag break in to the house he was standing on at the end of last turn. I made a savestate at the beginning of the turn that I'll, because I'm not keeping this action when I have Longbow Archers and Sleep staff "Clercis" to kill.

dZ5AnXm.pngcuWhEzx.png

I'm not laughing and it's Aitos's fault.

NuXqdLR.png

Aitos's parents, upon discovering he made these hacks.

RSpvM7B.png

Novie can somehow double this girl, probably because Longbows are so heavy.

qIpwhF2.png

His level is rather meh.

bKAf4bF.png

As is Denning's, which he got from OHKOing a peg. He technically could have doubled it, but he only needed one hit to kill it, and his hit rate was 100.

tSedDYV.png

Bronze, however, gets a great level. It's very left oriented, but those are the stats I want him to focus on anyway.

LeJlIPD.png

I'll have Batta kill this dude because I want to save the healers for last, since while sleep staves are an annoyance, that's all they are, an annoyance, not a threat, and since they can't kill me, I'll be able to visit the last house and the shop if I save them for last. Batta crits on the first hit, which is always nice.

oNHByvJ.png

This hardly matters because I can just kill this guy, the last remaining enemy that can actually attack, during my turn.

wrhU4US.png9MVf3bg.pngrW16GfJ.pngPUjgj4J.png

This is a lie, we have 1180.

QyuGZLY.png

I'll take the Jav and Hand Axe I suppose, since Denning still has plenty of Iron Bow uses left.

iHdxEco.png

THE BOULDER gets this level healing Tana. Btw, both healers are out of sleep uses at this point, so yeah.

jQtSPFR.png

Ross gets a near-perfect level killing one of them. Bronze kills the other, ending the map for us.

Death Count: Batta 2, Bronze 1, Ross 1, Natalie 1

Next time, the Test 6 conclusion!

Edited by Matthewtheman