Hana vs. Hinata- Choose Your Path! (Closed. View Results!)

Hana vs. Hinata- Choose Your Side!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Branch of Fate--Choose Your Path

• Hana
    • Hinata
    • I like them both equally.
    • Screw this! I'm picking the third path! Ryoma FTW!

Hinata seems to lack any sort of niche to me. He's not really tanky enough to be a tank (losing out to the likes of Rinkah, Ryoma, Scarlet, Hinoka, and Oboro), and his offence is one of the lowest in Birthright (at least Subaki has the excuse that he flies).

I dunno about that - I'd probably find him a better tank than Rinkah, at least, because his HP doesn't suck.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah, I think your vote sent it over the edge but in general we can conclude neither really wins. It seems the SF fanbase likes them both equally in comparison to each other.

Well I think I was the only one who choose Hisame to begin with, yet he gets no honourable mention. : [

Edited by Douglas MacArthur

Well I think I was the only one who choose Hisame to begin with, yet he gets no honourable mention. : [

Well, this thread derived from the OP's previous thread in which there was plenty of love for our pickle pal.

He gets pretty bulky if you reclass him into oni immediately. 47.85/37.85/11.3 for hp/def/res at 20/20 chieftain is pretty great(at least physically). From what I remember units in lunatic only get in the low 40's for damage, meaning they'll just chip him. It gets even more noticeable if you're crazy enough to give him horse spirit, a +def pairup/tonic/meal or any other defense boost. He actually beats out rinkah who sits at 33.1/35.75/14.95(assuming oni->chieftain).

I dunno. 16 Def is pretty cool on a Level 10 unit, sure, but that still loses to Guard Naginata Oboro or Spearfighter Hinoka, and they'll clobber him on both Res (by some crazy double-digit amount) and offence (Hinoka is way faster, and both have C ranks instead of E; all three have similar strength). Basically, the Guard Naginata is too good, and two solid units can use it out of the box, making all other earlygame tanks look pretty bad IMO (barring some Corrin builds).

Giving Hinata that Heart Seal probably does let him surpass Rinkah, I'll grant (at least once he reaches D in clubs), but Rinkah can serve the role of secondary tank without eating a valuable Heart Seal.

I actually use Hana over Ryoma 9 times out of 10. Ryoma feels like overkill more often than not and I keep thinking "Why am I feeding Ryoma 1 EXP from killing dudes that Hana could overkill as well and get 30 XP from?" Compounding this is the fact that she actually has better growths than Ryoma in STR and SPD (which are kinda, the two most essential stats for Swordmasters ya know) and only beaten out by 5% in SKL. Also I sorta generally like her design and personality better. Her whole design is pretty damn elegant

Hinata's cool, and is the only person I really bother to pair up Hinoka with (they were pretty much made for each other) but he's also a bad unit compared to everybody who is and can be a Swordmaster (not that this really means much on Birthright). His supports are cool tho.

Personality wise I like Hinata way more than Hana. I've always found his niceness pretty affectious. I find it really hard to relate to Hana personally (don't get me started with her C & B support with the male Avatar. I think Ryoma is more interesting than these two but that's just me.

As units, from my experience, Ryoma crushes these two by far. But I do think they both well in their own right (Hana more so than Hinata, with the exception to the time I had Hinata marry the female Avatar (her name was Belle on my Revelation version), I've found myself not really use Hinata).

Hinata.

Hana's high risk high reward glass cannon stat spread got me several resets when I first used her on my very first playthrough. Her support with the Avatar didn't help either. Any other support I've read about Hana is more or less training for Sakura or feminism.

I like Hinata's design and the fact he can survive enemy phase with the Norhian Blade boost is good. His bases are good to carry him over for most of Birthroute and A+ Subaki gets him Darting Blow in case he gets into that doubling treshold. He's doing great in my Lunatic BR run so far.

I have.

I generally understand the A support and thought it was good, but the S support... Well it's pretty much like most of Corn's S supports. I actually decided to make Hinata into a vanguard and I already found a Hinata with Wary Fighter from a castle. He's gotten speed twice now. I'm scared. ;~;

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ