I'm looking into 3DS Powersaves.

~Silver

(Hope this is in the right forum, by the way. Wasn't exactly sure where this should go)

It's been awhile since I've even touched my Action Replay for my DS, and I've kinda wanted to go back into hacking. See, grinding in Fates for days on end for Weapons or Stats has me pondering why I'm really doing all this, when with a Powersave, to my understanding, I can easily manage like *snap* that. Plus, it would just be... awesome if I could save myself trouble in Awakening, Fates, Bravely Default, and other games.

So. I was wondering if someone, anyone, would be so kind to explain Powersaves, how they work, and the difficulty of it all before I rush out and fork over $30 for one. I barely remember using my Action Replay, by the way, so if whoever could dumb it down for me, that would be appreciated.

Instead of playing mediocre games with grinding, play games that are fun 100% of the time, like Kirby Super Star Ultra. Then you will have no need for Powersaves.

They're like the Game Genie or Game Shark of yesteryear, I believe. They basically hack the game to give you or alter stuff. It's considered poor form in multiplayer games, but in single player, knock yourself out.

Powersaves are a bit more limited than Action Replay from what I see. With AR, you could create your own codes, but for Power Saves, you seem to be limited to the ones provided by Datel. Still, for your purposes, it would be suitable since it allows you to give any weapons and stats boosters to characters and even modify the skill of a character, though it's limited to the first file. As for ease of use, it boils down to putting the cartridge in the usb adapter provided and choosing which code you want to activate. It can also allow you to back-up your save files. Also, it may be obvious, but I thought I could point it out anyway: power saves only work with physical games, so you can't use it for anything bought on the e-shop.

Still, for your purposes, it would be suitable since it allows you to give any weapons and stats boosters to characters and even modify the skill of a character, though it's limited to the first file

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

You can give +7 forges of any weapon and 35 uses stat boosters to the first character on the select unit screen as well as modify any of their skills, but these changes can only be applied to the very first save file slot. So if you want to use the codes on any of the 8 remaining save files (assuming you have all 3 paths, you'll need to copy them to the first save slot.

Edited by LuxSpes

You can give +7 forges of any weapon and 35 uses stat boosters to the first character on the select unit screen as well as modify any of their skills, but these changes can only be applied to the very first save file slot. So if you want to use the codes on any of the 8 remaining save files (assuming you have all 3 paths, you'll need to copy them to the first save slot.

Ahh, they have to be in the VERY first Save Slot? It can't just only affect the first Save Slot? It has to the be in the first one?

Ahh, they have to be in the VERY first Save Slot? It can't just only affect the first Save Slot? It has to the be in the first one?

Yep the codes only works for the first save slot. So, if you want to change something in say your third file, you'll have to copy your first file to a different slot and then copy the save you want to change to the first slot.

Yep the codes only works for the first save slot. So, if you want to change something in say your third file, you'll have to copy your first file to a different slot and then copy the save you want to change to the first slot.

Is this for Awakening and Fates?

Is this for Awakening and Fates?

Yes. Awakening has codes for max money that work on all three files, but the main codes can only be applied to the first save file.