Conquest Ch.14 Hard

Miking11

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any strategies to do chapter 14 of Conquest? Everything goes well until those pesky Kinshi Knights/Pegasus Knights reinforcements come in, their high speed makes it hard for my party to deal with them!

Thank you!

I always take this chapter slowly. Display all attack ranges using the X button, then bait an enemy or two. Heal up, and repeat. When the flying reinforcements appear, fall back and position yourself so that you're only dealing with them. Niles is a huge help here, and if you reclassed Mozu and trained her, she'll be of use as well. Beastkillers will also work on them!

I took it slowly; the reinforcements aren't infinite. My Effie (S-supported with Arthur) was actually able to one-shot the Kinshi Knights with a Javelin, and she doesn't give a crap about the Sky Knights.

I actually did it fast paced. The idea is to kill asap 3 groups of enemies.

1) the Onis and archers up north with some fast Mage like Nyx, or if Odin/Leo are capable of this, then go for it. Pair up is better than Dual Attack cuz you'll avoid risky secondary hits. Kill them at all by turn 3 at max including the Shrine Maiden.

2) the group of Samurais and Pegs in the middle of the map. Deal with them with a semi tanky powerful unit than can one shot them. Dual Club Arthur, Steel Lance Effie, Benny, Charlotte or Peri can be of huge help. Same as Camilla or Beruka with Dual Club. But it's preferable a lance unit to take down the samurais and pegs.

3) the Enfeeble or Freeze Maidens can be beaten with a strong ranged Corrin, be it Sorc or Nohr Noble or Master Ninja. Use pair up most.

Once you clear these enemies you'll take control of most part of the map. The incoming Kinshi, Pegs can be taken down by strong one shot units, or Bow Users like Niles, reclassed Mozu or Bow Knight Selena.

Well I separate my forces and it helps to have a bow user or two nearby.

I almost always leave Effie at the back so that the Kinshi/Pegasus Knights attack her and I pick off the others. I usually just count the spaces they can travel first to leave Effie in a spot where the bow users to strike them down.

The only real trouble I faced in this chapter was going to fast and nearly dying because of the freeze and enfeeble maidens. If you progress slowly this chapter shouldn't be too difficult to beat.

Try using the Freeze staff on one of them and take care of them one by one. You get Keaton and he has the Beastbane skill against the pegasus/kinshi. Buying a Hunter's Knife or Beast Killer can also help. Heartseeker from Leo or the other dark mages can help your hit rates.

You might want to be careful around the boss area - there's a Shrine Maiden with an Entrap staff nearby (by which I mean 1 space away from the boss, and the only land space is in the boss's attack range).

I don't know about hard but on Lunatic I used back units to waste status staves and on the last bit where the fliers show up I just throw 1 tanky guy (paired) at the edge of the reinforcement trigger range, then go deal with reinforcements first, then go work on the rest of the enemies.

This will make sure you're not overwhelmed.

I finally did it by moving forward with all my dudes together at first until the reinforcements were taken care of, and then, sending a few of them to take care of the onis and the archers. I did loose one unit, but it's fine, I didn't plan on using her anyway. Conquest is definitely a difficult, but very rewarding game. Thanks everyone!