Escape chapters in FE7?

Guy3002

I'm trying to make an escape chapter where if any unit stands on a tile the map ends and I was wondering how to do that. There don't seem to be any recorces anywhere on how to do this. Thanks.

Can't you make an area event that only covers the single tile, and have that area event jump you to the ending event?

Or would that allow enemy movement/action to trigger chapter end?

(if that's the case, can you add a check for if the triggering unit is a player unit?)

Edited by Eliwan

there are already two chapters that have this function in FE7 where the chapter ends when you go to a tile (more like Arrive though)

if you want to have proper escape, it should be easy enough to have it where, if character reaches tile, display dialogue text, then use a command to move that character and disappear, and you could make it based on Arrive instead of Escape if you wanted too

you'd most likely have to set an event for each possible escaped character for the chapter if you want some special dialogues, but that's easy, just time-consuming

if you want to only have a chapter victory if all your units escape, you might be able to set flags to indicate such so that when you control 0 units and flags are set, then the chapter is a victory

uhh, keep in mind this is all just conjecture, I've never worked with GBA events

Edited by Lamia

It's hard. Despawning the active unit is hard. Would not attempt again (we did it once for EN and it was hacky and our solution is bad and I would not recommend). Would not recommend.

would you really need to have a command to despawn the active unit if it's that much trouble? what if you just made an event specific for each player character, just as a workaround

Edited by Lamia

the active unit simply can't be despawned with any ease. they have to be inactive for anything to work normally.