NMTTM (Smash Wii U Tourney) Grand Victor: IceSage

Jedi

Welcome to Nerf Me to the Moon! Which is the next segment in our smash tourneys, This will mostly be currently an interest check, as my capture card is acting funky so I won't be able to record matches. However I would like to continue these as it helps our players maintain their growths.

The name was suggested by Refa, to make a fun little poke at the 1.1.6 patch, there will also be a 3DS edition as well this time around

The time this will start is not clear to even me at the moment, I just need to make sure I can get 16 people for each, we will then decide a schedule based on that timeframe

Bracket: http://sforestsmash.challonge.com/NMttMU

Ruleset
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best 2 of 3, except in Finals, best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination
No Customs

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville
● Dreamland 64
● Town & City
Counterpick Stages
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Halberd
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.**

The way stage choice works is thus, either both players agree to a stage to start on, or do a method to decide who starts striking stages, my personal suggestion is Game & Watch Hammer, which is when both players pick Game & Watch and use his Side B move and whomever gets a higher number gets the first stage strike. This is also a good way to lag test.

The person who strikes first, strikes a stage from the Starter list, then the 2nd person strikes a stage and this continues until only one starter stage left which is the one you both play on

Whomever wins a match, can strike 2 stages and the person who lost may select out of the remaining legal stages. There is also something called Dave's Stupid rule, where you cannot counter-pick to a stage you've won on in the set

This will keep the strict timelines seen in Joined by Fate (JBF)

Character Changes - While you can change your characters during the set, you must tell your opponent you are switching and who to, as is proper in an official tournament. Unless you 2 agree to be secretive, I don't mind either way

There is also the Gentleman's agreement, in which both players can agree to play on a nonlegal stage, this also can override Dave's Stupid Rule

Mii Fighters are allowed, but they must be 1111 set, sorry folks.

- Replays will be saved and sent to Lord Raven, who's Wii U NNID is muheds, he will then upload them.

- Please give me your NNID when you sign up, even if you did previously, just for consistency sake,

1. Jedi - Jedisupersonic

2. Elieson - Elieson

3. Right_Here - Shadowdragon925

4. Tsunami - Tsunami922

5. Captain Karnage - jmf465

6. Aura Wolf - Octaivian

7. Dotty - RagamuffinDotty

8. shadowofchaos - shadowofchaos72, if the secondary Wii U is needed ReyRey72591

9. Clarinets - Pick1e

10. Batter - lolinternets

11. PeaceRibbon - PeaceRibbon

12. Lord Raven - muheds

13. DreadFighter - NewerLuigi

14. IceSage - IceSage776

15. TheGoodHoms - KaiserAsh

16. General Horace - WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA

Subs

1. StardustRicon

2. Gemma

Schedule

Round 1 is tomorrow and will be the 10th - 13th

Round 2 and Losers Round 1 will be the 14th - 17th

Round 3 and Losers Round 2 will be the 18th - 21st

Winners Finals & Losers Round 3 will be the 22nd - 24th

Losers Round 4 will be the 25th - 27th

Losers Semis will be the 28th - 30th

Losers Finals Will be the 1st - 3rd

Grand Finals will be 4th - 6th

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can join both. That's two ways to Fsmash people with bad characters!

NNID= Elieson

Edited by Elieson

I guess I'll be joining. Though you might have to hold my hand a bit during the stage choosing. I still don't understand how it works(I am pretty slow at understanding stuff).

NNID: shadowdragon925 (I think..)

I guess I'll be joining. Though you might have to hold my hand a bit during the stage choosing. I still don't understand how it works(I am pretty slow at understanding stuff).

NNID: shadowdragon925 (I think..)

No biggie, we'll help you when we get to that point!

Thanks for signing up

I am beyond rusty so I'll be glad to do this.

/in

NNID: RagamuffinDotty

How'd you get rusty? Just haven't had time to play?

I would sign up but idk how my internet will be when I'm at my house and not uni.

If the slots aren't filled in the next ~8 days we'll see.

How'd you get rusty? Just haven't had time to play?

This and bad hand pain as well. Haven't played at all since the previous tournament's matches, unfortunately.

This'll give me some incentive to try again.

Question... what's the time allocated for people to get matches done?

I'm kinda worried as this is the first time I'm tempted to join an online smash tourney after getting my full time job?

Should I provide both NNIDs? (We have a second Wii U with smash/splatoon bundle pre-installed so that I could play Splatoon with Belinda)

Edited by shadowofchaos

I mean if you think there's a reason you might be at different Wii Us at different times, then yeah provide both.

Time allotment is generally several days per round.

I'm kinda worried as this is the first time I'm tempted to join an online smash tourney after getting my full time job?

Should I provide both NNIDs? (We have a second Wii U with smash/splatoon bundle pre-installed so that I could play Splatoon with Belinda)

It'll generally be a few days per round, its not super strict, but strict enough to keep things going.

Also it might be a good idea ^^

Okay thanks.

I think it'll only be an issue if Belinda is watch/playing something on the main TV.

So secondary won't probably be used. But I'll put it on anyway.

Primary Wii U NNID: shadowofchaos72

Secondary Wii U NNID: ReyRey72591

That's your call. Provide the NNID of a WiiU that you anticipate using, is my suggestion.

Also, Time allocation is generally 3-4 days per "round". I.E. if the tourney starts tomorrow and you and I are among the first round matches, we would need to have our fight completed by Sunday/Monday at ? o'clock.

You can handle it man! At most, you're burning 30 minutes twice a week, and if I can do it with a full time job and a kid, I'm sure you can squeeze in some time :) plus i've wanted to smash you for a long time so i'm already anxious now

*edit* WOAH I'M LATE

Edited by Elieson