Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space

Nanami Touko

Galactic Century 0251

Time passes as humanity advances on the small blue rock known as Earth. Currently, two warring factions strive for dominance: The Allied Nations Federation:

The Allied Nations Federation, formed through an unison of technological advancement, strong military, and nigh capitalism, ho! The ANF as a faction extends from the Americas to Oceania, as west as the Eastern Asian Islands. Being the first faction to heavily fund space colonization, the ANF succesfully developed 5 colonies currently orbiting the Earth, and it is there that most of its research and development are made. The continents hold a strong army with new technologies being relayed from the colonies fairly frequently, and is fairly self-sufficient in fuel and energy. Weapons development has veered towards all-purpose, in and out of atmosphere combat.

and the Eurasian Union:

The Eurasian Union, as its name suggests, is formed majorly by Europe, extending to the Middle East and inching its presence towards Central Asia. In addition, Africa is entirely under the faction, and Russia is not! While the EU presents itself as a democratic faction, political power over the Union's decisions and resource allocation is very clearly biased towards Europe, with Africa and Middle East housing subordinate ministers. In the grand scheme, EU has been one step behind the ANF on technologies and space exploration, but has made up with its larger available military and access to pivotal fuel and energy supplies. With the ANF having won the space colonization race, EU's efforts have been centered in persuading and allying itself with neutral countries to expand its influence within the planet. As a result, most of machinery and weapons are also designed to excel in land rather than space.

Both are trying to form a single party government so that they may control the political sphere on Earth, and neither are willing to budge. A cold war has formed between the factions, as any real, full on war would destroy the planet they are attempting to control. Despite this, there are small skirmishes that take place on their borders from time to time, but these are typically disobeyed orders, and are swiftly dealt with. Though, while the ANF searches for peaceful resolution to their rule, the EU is constantly trying to bully their way into power, starting most of the disputes over the globe.

While this stand off occurs, both factions rush their technology and fuss with their policies, in an attempt to gain power over the other and to curry favor with the remaining unaffiliated factions. These unaffiliated factions consist of: Russia, the Antarctic Circle, the Mars Colonies, and for the EU, the Earth Orbital Colonies, which currently belong to the ANF.

During this time of cold war crisis, a phantom group has risen in prominence. They call themselves Apotheosis, and they threaten the entire world's order, fighting for neither side. While this rebel group had made no large scale assault on any ANF or EU base, their hackers comprise the best in the business, leaking large secrets from the ANF and EU on multiple occasions. These secrets have yet to provide either side with a leg up in the war, mostly being arms locations and military bases (perhaps a vague foreshadowing), but a rebel group's infiltration so deeply into either side raises alarm bells.

Some speculate that this group is a collective of high ranking members from every faction, seeking to tear apart the establishment from the inside with subterfuge and panic, but others see them as simply a ghost in the system, something akin to the "illuminati" from ages past.

Today, we zero in on a newly formed military squad, belonging to the ANF. A new Leviathan class space cruiser, situated in the Nevada Desert, has been christened the "Heion Riese" and is currently recruiting a crew. Its first member: newly graduated Captain Jessica Gefalscht from the heart of the Big Apple. While this squad will be smaller than most; a new initiative by the ANF to spread out their man power-- it will definitely be an important part of the plot set to unravel.

----------------

Welcome to SRW ∀! This will be a (hopefully) long sprawling robot based RP, centered around political turmoil, rebel conflicts, alien invasion and best of all, character development!

If you are at all interested in applying for this RP, I would suggest you take a look first at this topic:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62898&page=1
I have run a test of the game's mechanics and received mostly popular reviews from it. Thus, if you want in on this, first thing's first is that I need your preferred "archetype".

(mechanics to be found in this post: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62898&p=4334153 )

(Signup post is here~: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64127&p=4406174 )

This archetype doesn't choose what sort of character you will make, it simply influences your base stats and starting skills/spirits.

Please choose three, in order of most preferred to least preferred:
( here is a GDOC for reference on what each Skill and Spirit does~: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E9XYUDTc_U-sOHqtaIaGB6tlXW8xq6dDvzU_zKJf5Ts/edit#gid=0 )

The Hero! (Limit: 1)
The leader of our story, or at least pretends to be! They're charming; distant! Heroic; villainous! Friendly; a lone wolf! The Hero is your mold to fit what you think would be interesting to see leading, or leading astray, the story! I will be very careful on who I pick for this role, as it will demand a lot of creativity from the RPer and will put you in a central position for driving decisions in the plot.
[spoiler=Stats/Skills/Spirits]
Base Stats:
Melee: 6
Shooting: 6
Defense: 6
Skill: 6
Accuracy: 6
Avoid: 6
The Hero is meant to be decent at everything, but specifically good at one thing! If you are chosen as The Hero, before assigning base stats (which will be explained upon signup), you may choose to make any shown stat 10, before other additions, to represent what your Hero is best at.

Skills:
Command Lv1
Your choice of: Guardd, Predict, or Expert

Spirits:
Focus
Your choice of: Shield, Strike, or Alert

The Sidekick! (Limit: 1)
The Hero's best friend, or their biggest rival! The Sidekick is someone who tries to match up to The Hero with everything they have, sometimes surpassing them in power, even if not in rank! They're strong, dependable, and always do their best to back up everyone in the group.
Base Stats:
Defense: 6
Accuracy: 6
The Sidekick is the same as The Hero, they excel at whatever the player decides is best for them! Any one stat may be raised to 10 before base stat bonuses are implemented.

Skills:
Offensive or Defensive Support, lv1
Infight or Gunfight lv2

Spirits:
Focus or Alert
Snipe or Accel

The Ace! (Limit: 1)
Streaking through the middle of a crowded fight at high speeds, cool and collected, always able to blast their way through any trouble without breaking a sweat; The Ace is the coolest cat at the party, even if they're the only one that thinks so~ The Ace is meant to be strong and fast, good at piloting, and always reliable, even if they might be a bit cocky about their skills.
Base Stats:
Melee: 5
Shooting: 5
Defense: 5
Skill: 9
Accuracy: 8
Avoid: 8

Skills:
Genius or Expert
Hit & Away or EN Save

Spirits:
Sense
Assail or Fury

The Plucky Go-Getter! (Limit: 2)
Wow! Need a hand cheering up? The Go-Getter is there to make you laugh or make you cringe at a good or bad joke. Always trying to be the center of the group's morale, The Go-Getter wants everyone to get along above all else. Not especially skilled at piloting in any specific way, they still bring something to the table that no one else can replace.
Base Stats:
Melee: 7
Shooting: 7
Defense: 7
Accuracy: 7

Skills:
Defensive Support Lv2
Mechanic or Resupply

Spirits:
Trust
Shield or Cheer

The Quiet One! (Limit: 1)
Either really quiet or entirely deranged, The Quiet One keeps to themselves over their past, not revealing it without the heaviest of prying. They're either a master pilot or a master of something, a product of a terrible past or a manic fascination with the mechanical.
Base Stats:
Skill: 10
Accuracy: 10
Avoid: 5
OR
Accuracy: 5
Avoid: 10
The Quiet One is meant to be an extreme of combat, strong like The Ace, but lacking in something, where The Ace is competent in all forms of dodging and aiming.

Skills:
Foresight or Fortune
Guard or Predict

Spirits:
Focus
Alert or Assail

The Hot Head! (Limit: 2)
Loud and belligerent, The Hot Head tends to be the first in a fight, always ready to start another! Adept at Melee of Shooting, The Hot Head really just wants to be around fights and figure out how best to make their robot fight better. Whether that be an upgrade to the general specs, or a fancy new weapon, The Hot Head is always on the lookout for the best gear they can get their mitts on!
Base Stats:
Melee: 10 OR 5
Shooting: 10 OR 5
(Only one of Shooting or Melee can be 10)

Skills:
Counter Lv4
Resolve or Will Limit Break

Spirits:
Valor or Strike
Accel or Alert

The Gifted Young One! (Limit: 1)
Either bio-engineered through the latest tech, stuffed with robotics, or simply gifted from a young age, The Gifted Young One is a prodigy when it comes to piloting mecha. They're overall strong with near about any robot, but what they lack is experience, leading to poor choices in the middle of battle, a nervous breakdown from the pressure, or not knowing how new technology works. Their skills need crafting and molding!
Base Stats:
Shooting: 9
Skill: 5
The Gifted Young One specializes in ranged combat because it gives them the space away from their enemies that they require to calm their nerves. The heat of close ranged combat is suited better for one such as The Hot Head.

Skills:
Predict
Special or Extreme

Spirits:
Sense or Attune
Snipe

The Lofty Dreamer! (Limit: 1)
The future looks so bright! But it's also so far away! The Lofty Dreamer isn't especially good at anything! This is temporary; within them lies the potential to outshine any ace! They just have to make it there first. The Lofty Dreamer is a mediocre pilot, but what they lack in skill, they make up for with determination and latent talent!
Base Stats:
Skill: 7
Avoid: 7

Skills:
Lucky or Fortune
Prevail lv3

Spirits:
Gain or Luck
Spirit or Accel

---------------

There you have it! Please post the three archetypes you are the most interested in, and we will address signups soon after that~

I WILL SAY AS A DISCLAIMER:
I am looking for 3 things from you, as an RPer:
1) Dedication. I don't want this to die. I am ready to spent countless hours on this. Are you? Your character is only as important as the work you put into them. As this will be a squad focused RP, with plenty of internal character building, you will matter, even if you aren't the main character. I can't have people joining and then dropping this within a few weeks or a month. If you can handle that, sign up.
2) Availability. I need you around! There will be plot to discuss, arcs to go through, characters to know about, battle to work through. I need you available, and not just available on SF, but also on Skype. If you can't access Skype at least once a day to catch up on anything you may or may not have missed, I will have to skip on you (Serious situations like health, family, surprise work, school/college/university exams, or anything else under that umbrella are more important than an online RP, but if you are simply too lazy to log onto Skype, that's a no go.)
3) HAVE FUN AND GET ALONG! I feel like this is the hardest for most people. You are a group. You should all be able to at least get along with everyone else in the group and work together! We don't need any one man shows, any take overs, anyone thinking they're the most important person. Every character will have their time in the spotlight, guaranteed, but Out of Character, get along and try to make everyone else just as important as you are.

Thank you for reading! I hope to see you soon, pilots! (as a note: I will be giving precedence to my testers: Scorri, Ether, Balcerzak, SB, Oersted, and Deku (And Phee if he can maintain Skype and wants in on this from enjoying the test). Every other tester has said they will not be sticking around.)

P.S.: I need 9 people max, and I have 6 (possibly 7) from the test, so I will only be accepting 3 (possibly 2) more people!
P.P.S.: For giggles, if you want to, give me three Super Robot Wars themes you would want to be applied to your characters attacks (for their first form, upgraded, and a final attack). This will do nothing but give me some extra enjoyment, so if you wanna please the GM, go nuts~

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna ask now since I know your time is typically strapped Phee, will you be available on Skype? I know it might seem annoying, but the majority of us are on in, so it's a necessity.

1. The Quiet One™

2. The Gifted Young One

3. The Ace

(you've already seen The Boy™ and his terrible sad backstory so I'll give you discretion on whichever one would suit him best♡)

So, everyone that stuck around from the test gets to come back on board here

That'll be:

Oersted (hot head)

Scorri (dreamer)

SB (go-getter)

Phee (sidekick)

Balcerzak (hero)

Deku (quiet one)

and Ether (ace)

As well I'll be taking:

Terrador (GO GET 'EM PLUCKY)

Dandragon (hot head the second)

and Shin (ye olde gifted youngin')

on for the other PCs (I hadn't been expecting Phee, so I'm willing to push it to 10 just for this.

For Izhuark and Honey, you're definitely free to sign up as NPCs on the battleship (a listing I will be posting after the PCs are squared off)

I'll get the signup forms up sooooooon. Have fun brainstorming your humans until then.

Haaaaaaaay~

Gonna link this now and tell you to bookmark it forever: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E9XYUDTc_U-sOHqtaIaGB6tlXW8xq6dDvzU_zKJf5Ts/edit#gid=0

As we go along, everything you need to know will be added to this google doc, including your robot, your robot's stats, pilots, enemies, plot, weapons, mechanics; EVERYTHING!

But for now

I just need ya characters~

Here's the template!

[spoiler=Character Creation]

Name:

Sex: yes please

Archetype:

Skills:

Spirits:

Adaptabilities: (will be explained below)

Base Stats:

Level:

Melee:

Shooting:

Defense:

Skill:

Accuracy:

Avoid:

Current Stats:

Level:

Melee:

Shooting:

Defense;

Skill:

Accuracy:

Avoid:

Appearance: Anything to describe how your character looks; height, weight, written descriptions, pictures, anything

Personality: what's your character like? How do they act around others? What do they like, or hate?

Backstory: Right, so! On the dock above, there is a tab called Countries in Power, and it lists all the current countries within the ANF and EU that are strong atm, and what they do. Your character doesn't have to be from one, but they can be, if it helps you flesh anything out.

Backstories can be as fleshed out or as basic as you want. If you want specific information, feel free to ask myself or Xin. Currently, the squad is recruiting in the Nevada Desert, so your characters can be soldiers from the ANF, deserts from the EU, Mercenaries on hire, allied to one of the rebel groups; anything you want. Your creativity is your only limiter here. I'm available on skype-- so is Xin, so again, any specifics you need (like how long it would take to go through training, average age, current politics of the city they live in, whatever you need), feel free to ask for them!

Otherwise, this is Earth. It's in the future, there are robots, there are mech fights, but it's still Earth. People go to school, they join the military, they lead average lives, they go to university. They fall into the wrong groups, flee their country, work as child soldiers; it's whatever you want! Free board! :D

NOW READ THIS v

[spoiler=Leveling!]

Now, you'll see Base Stats and Current Stats. Every character is going to start at level 4. This means you will have 3 levels worth of stats to dole out into your starting stats. Leveling works as thus!

Characters start with a baseline of 0 EXP. Every action against an enemy (chip damage or a kill) grants EXP. Once a character reaches 500 EXP they level up, and are given 3 stat points. Each point may be put into any stat, but you may not put more than 1 point into a given stat, per level.

Example! You level up, you put 1 point into Melee, Shooting, and Avoid, but you may not put 2 points into Melee, Shooting, Defense, etc.

Since characters will be starting off at level 4, everyone has 9 points, to be spread about like regular level ups. You can have up to 3 points in a single stat, because they are counted as 3 separate levels.

Note: Base adaptabilities for each character are going to be B Air, A Ground, B Water, and A space, unless you can give me an argument for why one might be higher at base stats. You're all trained soldiers, or at the very least, know how to pilot a robot on most terrain. Flying would still be unknown to some, but ground fighting and weightless fighting would be taught immediately, or at least quickly learned. Feel free to chat with me again for any inquiries.

As well!

If you wish for one of the special Skills off the document, please speak to me about it, and we can see about it replacing one of your base skills. I know that Ether will already be taking Telekinetic as his second skill after Genius, instead of the default.

Thank you for reading! Before I go, here is an example (your captain~) for people to go over and see, if they need some help designing something:

[spoiler=Jessica Gefalscht]

Name: Jessica Gefalscht
Sex: Female
Position: Captain
Skills: Command Lv2, Acute Senses
Spirits: Vigor, Strike
Adaptabilites: A Air, B Ground, C Water, A Space
Base Stats:
Level: 1
Shooting: 8
Defense: 8
Skill: 5
Accuracy: 9
Current Stats:
Level: 4
Shooting: 11
Skill: 8
Accuracy: 12
Appearance:
Jessica is average height, standing 5'6", not outstanding in width or weight, only weighing 138 Lbs, her pear shape not reflecting much as her frame is very thin. She has freckles, sparkling blue eyes, a sharp nose and jawline, and her ginger hair is long and straight, becoming wavy near the ends of it. Her captain's outfit is standard issue, a long skirted one piece suit, white with black trimmings, wearing her usual tights underneath. No heels on the ship! Casual wear, she prefers longer dresses, blouses, and smaller shirts to cover them. Her hair stays down on the ship, under her hat, but in casual wear he keeps her hair up in a ponytail, or wears it in twintails.
Personality:
Jessica is straight out of Military Academy, moderately naive, but that's mostly due to a lack of real combat experience. Perhaps this will be remedied in the future, but as a captain, her scores in her class were top of the mark! She knows all the simulations, she understands how battles are supposed to run. Her issues come when the numbers start going off. If calculations or orders start going askew, she starts to get flustered, and lose her sense of how to conduct being a captain. Running through simulations in training, these situations didn't come up very often, but in a real battle, nothing is assured.
As well, she's easy to get flustered, especially when being corrected or teased. Getting top of the class led her to having a bit of an ego, which is easily challenged. Despite her shortcomings, she is excited to start working with whatever crew she is assigned, and excited to start running a ship!
Backstory:
Raised in the bustling heart of New York City, Jessica received a basic education, but joined the military at the age of sixteen. The reason? Nothing excited her in school. And searching for something to excite her, she came upon some old military tutorials. She'd been visiting NYU with her grade ten class as sort of introduction to next level learning. Her boredom during the tour spurred her to break off from the group and go off on her own exploring. There, she ended up in ont of the labs, a computer sitting open. There was a tactical testing program, one she would later learn the military used in their training, and running the numbers finally brought some level of excitement to her. Discussing it with her parents, while they were not entirely pleased, they were somewhat happy that their daughter had found some enjoyment in life. She finished high school and applied immediately.
Bootcamp was hell for her. She knew there would be physical tests during this, but for them to be so extensive... But she stuck it out, wanting to get to the learning and tactical training part of this. Boot camp only lasted twelve weeks, and as soon as she was out, she strapped herself in for a one year course on tactical training. Her goal: captain. And this? It was much less difficult. Tactical training, simulations, practice exercises, working with groups, commanding; it was a wonderful experience! She loved every moment of it, and after the year of successful training, she came out the top of her class, her trainee certificate being her thing of pride. There was two more years she could have signed herself up for, but with her marks, the government was already sending her on assignment. A new space class Leviathan, the ANFSF Heion Riese. Smaller than some of the older ships, but newer and more sleek in design, it needed a promising captain, and Jessica's marks spoke for themselves more than she would ever have to.

Signed up and ready to don the uniform, Jessica prepared herself for what was to come of this new course in life.

Edited by Melissa

I'm afraid I don't know how I'd sign up to be an NPC. I feel like I should mention now that I'm a little strapped for time at the moment since I just got a new job, and I'm taking summer school. Being an NPC sounds like it'd be less involvement, so I don't think it'd be a huge issue, but I figured I'd let you know ahead of time.

I'm afraid I don't know how I'd sign up to be an NPC. I feel like I should mention now that I'm a little strapped for time at the moment since I just got a new job, and I'm taking summer school. Being an NPC sounds like it'd be less involvement, so I don't think it'd be a huge issue, but I figured I'd let you know ahead of time.

I'll explain NPCs once the PCs are finished. And no worries, if you're busy you're busy.

Name: Kim Seung-Min(most AMERICANS just call her Kim tho')

Sex: F

Archetype: The Ace

Skills: Genius, Telekinetic Lv1

Spirits: Sense, Fury

Adaptabilities: B, A, B, A

Base Stats:

Current Stats:

Shooting: 8

Defense; 5

Accuracy: 10

Avoid: 11

Appearance:

[spoiler=Yeah I actually did it so what?]

8FaHzFZ.png

Changes: No facepaint, no SPONSORS/LOGOS on plug suit. Casualwear varies on mood, will wear most FASHIONABLE things, MAY OR MAY NOT STILL EMPLOY BUBBLE GUM

Personality: Rather competitive, though generally cool and collected, but can get emotional at times. Usually has little in-between, as if emotions are strong enough to get through, they get through hard. Finds socializing easy and is good at talking to people, but doesn't always enjoy it. Her English isn't the best, can be embarrassed by mistakes.

Backstory: Seung-Min had always been a rather gifted child, all that her traditional parents could have wanted. Straight A's in her schooling, a healthy and attractive appearance, and a natural affinity for the piano, accompanied by a drive to not just be the best in class, but in school, in city, and to remain that way. Of course, the bustling streets of Seoul were not the easiest place to accomplish such a feat, but even in her younger years, Seung-Min made strides. Winning piano recitals, inter-school competitions in dance and theatre throughout her tenure at Primary school. At the end of 6th grade however, Seung-Min's life changed forever. Having been scouted by a recruiter for Femme Formation, and accepting the proposal alongside her schooling, Seung-Min found herself flung face-first into the life of a K-pop idol.

Nigh-endless practice, singing, playing, dancing, choreography. Between it and her studies, the young girl found herself quite literally with no time to herself, growing to resent the very people that she had to learn to meticulously speak with and entertain, for they had freedom to live, to do as they pleased. And yet, Seung-Min could not resist the allure of the stage, the screaming crowds, the gifts, the admiration... the people she had grown to hate, she also grew to love for their loyalty, their affection, in a rather vicious cycle. Or, vicious it would have been, but Seung-Min always did well by her expectations, never disappointing, always pleasing. And she always knew it, by some hunch in her head. When people were happy, what they looked like, disapointed or upset in another girl for missing a beat at practice. She knew, always knew... yet the others simply didn't seem to understand. How can you know? they would ask, or that is not normal, they would say. It wasn't jealousy either, they were being genuine, she could feel it.

At the age of 15, 3 years after her debut in Femme Formation, Seung-Min finally had her answer. Another recruiter, she had grown used to those, though this one was a foreigner... an American, from the mainland of the ANF. He said that he was with the military, and had been keeping an eye on her for some time. Her feelings, they hadn't been just hunches. They had taken tests in secret, had confirmed it... she was what they called a 'Telekinetic', and to them it wasn't strange, it was amazing. Telekinetics were rare, talented, valuable. As much as she had grown used to, and had started to enjoy show business, a fully paid education at the most renowned University within the ANF, and a military position guaranteed to her so long as she passed? It was simply an offer that Seung-Min could not refuse.

Specialty training finally proved a challenge for the girl who had never felt challenge in her life before. Finally, something that truly motivated her, an environment where she could see the experience of those who had come before her first hand, feel their prowess as she found herself crushed in a combat simulation the first time she'd had the audacity to challenge an instructor. Seung-Min was alive, free, and best of all, expected to show her greatness and potential every step of the way. Finishing the three-year training in only two, and at the top of her class, Seung-Min finally found herself transferred to a newly-formed unit, flying within the newest model Leviathan class ship. Still at the tender age of 17, with little to hold her back aside from still slightly-broken English, Seung-Min found herself poised to take the ANF, no, the world, by storm... how little she knew...

Name: Astin

Sex: Why do you care? (agender)

Archetype: I dreamed a dream of time gone byyyyyyyyyyyy

Skills: Prevail Lvl3, Special Lvl1

Spirits: Gain and Accel

Adaptabilities: BABA

Base Stats:

Skill: 7
Avoid: 7

Current Stats:
Melee: 9
Avoid: 9

Appearance: Messy shoulder length purple hair that's usually pulled up into a bun with at least a few strands falling out, thin lanky build, just under 6', deep green eyes with gold flecks throughout, pale skin. Usually wearing a plain t-shirt under their unfastened uniform jacket, with pants that are slightly wrinkled and standard boots even when they're not on duty.

Personality: Head in the clouds, always seemingly lost in some thought or another. Often clumsy because of this. Generally kind if easily forgettable, they're fiercely loyal to those who take the time to befriend them. Prefers to be on the fencing strip or in their room reading a book.

Backstory: Average. That's how everyone would have described Astin growing up. They were never the best in school, only ever ok in sports, and always seemed to be friendly but never close with anyone. The middle child of a middle class family in Nova Scotia, Astin was always working hard to keep up with everyone else, to get by. Not to be amazing, but also not to avoid failing. Just average. Until they stepped onto the fencing strip. Something about it just felt natural. Their head in the clouds demeanor disappeared and they were left calm and focused. This was something Astin could do. And do well. They continued to fence throughout their time in school, competing on a local and national level, even managing to reach international competition level their final year of high school. After graduating, they joined the Academy, and made their way through. Although they continued to struggle compared to others, their skill with a blade showed. They managed to make it through, and have been assigned to a robot and crew on a new style of ship. Astin just hopes they won't be a burden to the rest of the group.

Edited by scorri

I'll try to have my signup ready by tomorrow if that's alright. I'm doing a bit of a rush job on a mug (for the character) because that's what I do. It's helping me think, at least.