Before Awakening is REALLY hard!

SilasKnight

I can't finish this DLC (i'm on Birthright Chapter 14 on Hard/classic, i began with that difficulty since i'm a veteran FE, well..i think ^^).

This chapter is so difficult, how can you prevent Chrom to go like Leeroy Jenkins and being killed by all of those ninjas? And must of all, their skills to swap the unit make a unit being pushed like on a conveyor belt being ganked by all ninjas o_O !

Some tips for me ?

The main way I deal with those Ninjas is to have people with 1-2 range weapons (such as my own Ninja peeps) be able to counter them and kill them so their abilities can't activate, Chrom sadly likes charging no matter what, you gotta keep up with him and make sure he's protected at the same time, so you need to have 2 reliable units charge forward and deal with the bridge, while the others pull up the rear and make sure Chrom or Lissa don't get ganked by the people who appear in the forts. But you also have to keep going, slowing down too much will cost you, but I also feel its a tad luck based due to the Green AI. Persistence wins the day.

Fredrick is at least helpful the first few turns before he nerfs himself to heck with the Silver Lance.

Edited by Jedi

If you have Ryoma you can just send him and Scarlet straight through the middle if it's the promotion items you want. If you want the XP for your party then wait till later and send your promoted 1-2 range units at them.

Oh, I just so happen to beat that map a mere few hours ago. What I did was to make sure there won't be a lot of ninjas to worry about. I seized the two southern fortresses on turn 2 and had Beruka block the bridge. The two fresh ninjas at the top of the bridge would naturally attack her, knocking her around for a bit. But she was tough enough to tank it and returned the favor by seizing yet another fortress, leaving only one reinforcement spot. Afterwards I was able to easily crush the remaining enemies. Of course that was in Conquest, so I don't know if a similar approach would work in Birthright.

Edited by BrightBow

You can put two characters on the southern fortresses and get the rest of your party across the bridge.

On Birthright, I used Takumi and Saizo on the fortresses and Kamui, Ryoma and Saizo to take care of the enemies across the bridge.

But you have to pay attetion to the AI, because sometimes your units won't be able to kill the enemies and they will kill Chrom and Lissa if you leave them unprotected.

I abused Replicate and high mobility units to cheese the map. It helps if there's a huge stat difference (like using high-level Einherjar on the map when you're only on Ch. 7 of the story).