Is Gunter the first pure Jegan we've had since FE6?

BofaDeezNuts

Ohhhh that is a better one. Minor combat contributions but an extra mount to do mount stuff at worst. I think his join time is more like Eirika!Duessel tho.

I like the Zealot analogy more because he actually does things in LTC, and keeps doing them when stats are no longer good due to mount/rescue. Eirika!Duessel doesn't exist in growth LTC context at all.

He might be the worst Jagen at his job in the entire series.

I think I agree with this, especially given the context since you have a "Sigurd" available in Jakob/Felicia. What do you guys think of that analogy?

I think Sigurd, being the most OP unit in FE in proportion to his game, is a little too much for Jakob/Felicia, who are good but not /that/ good.

I kinda want to say Thracia!Finn, but I feel Finn and Jakob/Felicia don't quite function the same either. It's not really easy to make comparisons to them, since combatwise they'll likely drop off late unless the RNG is kind, but they can still maintain staff utility or shelter utility(in Jakob's case) or give Corn a boost utility come late so they have quite a lot of more supportive utility going on for them regardless of their combat. Paladin!Jakob might have more of a parallel in Marcus? Maybe? I'm not sure.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think Sigurd, being the most OP unit in FE in proportion to his game, is a little too much for Jakob/Felicia, who are good but not /that/ good.

I guess you're right here, although I meant it more in the sense of giving you a "pre-promote" who can still gain the same number of levels as all of your other units.

"perfectly usable" is a stretch, and while he has respectable growth rates, his internal level problems mean he's vastly behind others. He's not a jeigan in quite the same way as past jeigans, but I'd argue he's a jeigan in practice on a no-grind run.

I did no-grind no-dlc lunatic run in awakening and he started to fall behind only somewhere after ch 20+. Lunatic throws ridiculous numbers at you, so exp is not a problem for Freddy there. You still have enough for the rest of the cast AND you can make him not fall behind. Though of course there are still some chapters (mostly the early ones) where you should only use him to whittle down enemy's hp without killing them

I think Sigurd, being the most OP unit in FE in proportion to his game,

Lies. Seth is the most OP unit in FE in proportion to his game. Sigurd can't solo anywhere near as easily as Seth.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Lies. Seth is the most OP unit in FE in proportion to his game. Sigurd can't solo anywhere near as easily as Seth.

Actually Sigurd solos a bit better because in a pure solo, eirika would be banned from attacking and thus Seth has to pick her up 75% of the time resulting in a decrease in stats.

Sigurd basically edges out Seth because he doesn't need to drop his stats to carry a burden to seize his castles.

Actually Sigurd solos a bit better because in a pure solo, eirika would be banned from attacking and thus Seth has to pick her up 75% of the time resulting in a decrease in stats.

Sigurd basically edges out Seth because he doesn't need to drop his stats to carry a burden to seize his castles.

also he can seize on the same turn he kills a boss i think if that's worth anything

plus using only sigurd means you'll get the crit silver sword faster but i don't know how much that matters i haven't even played fe8

Edited by maybe

also he can seize on the same turn he kills a boss i think if that's worth anything

plus using only sigurd means you'll get the crit silver sword faster but i don't know how much that matters i haven't even played fe8

it'd probably help on some of the more annoying bosses but when I ran strict-sethsolo he had inventory of javelins and eirika carried more javelins so he can trade them out of her pocket because you can't even access inventory of your pocketted lord like modern fe

if only seth had pairup

it'd probably help on some of the more annoying bosses but when I ran strict-sethsolo he had inventory of javelins and eirika carried more javelins so he can trade them out of her pocket because you can't even access inventory of your pocketted lord like modern fe

if only seth had pairup

If seth gets pairup then sigurd does too and pairs with ardan.

If seth gets pairup then sigurd does too and pairs with ardan.

In which case they'll both just crush everything ever anyway and there'd be no point in competing bc the end result is the same