Ballistician Other Than Takumi?

Are there any other really good candidates for Ballistician? Takumi eliminates the need for Surefooted and has decent stats, but his support pool isn't meshing all that great with the rest of my team and has a somewhat useless skill for ballista-ing, so I'm trying to find if someone else can handle the job (in terms of potential, I've got enough statboosters/arms scrolls to handle non-bow users if there's something else good about them for this class)

(EDIT: on a related note does Certain Blow affect ballista shots, the game annoyingly doesn't give you any information about AoE stuff)

Edited by 47948201

Both Benny and Ignatius make excellent ballisticians. The four ballistician skills are really good, and I also gave Wary Fighter to Benny.

Kiragi isn't a bad unit for it. He was my first to test out that class and he did pretty well. Other than him, Asugi might be your next best bet. well, depending on who the mother of each child is really. Other than those two, I'm not so sure. definitely want someone with high skill and speed because ballisticians have crap speed and skills rely on well, skill.

Ballisticians kinda really like having high skill so they can hit more, and Wary Fighter to protect them from the instances when they're actually engaged in combat. I don't think "Blow" skills work with Ballisticians, but passive hit bonuses do, like Lucky 7. I wonder if Shura's personal applies to the cannon command... Not sure. Could be crazy if it does.

Huh I actually really like the sound of Wary Fighter Ballistician, it's sad that Ignatius has a pretty bad personal skill for this but maybe Kagero!Ignatius could work? Maybe more skill is better though, Asugi or Kiragi yeah with I guess Flora?

I've never tried it but I wonder if Yukimura would be good at it. He's got the bow rank, high skill, and natural access to replicate. He could be like a nifty support unit that gives 5 hit to everyone due to his personal, and have duel ballista shots to soften up enemies with high accuracy.

Azama is a good one, and apparently a sleeper pick. He's almost guaranteed a point of Str every level up, so it really sets him up for alternative options even if you don't want to keep him there. Only problem with it (and Ballisticians in general) is that the Cannon command doesn't net you exp which means you have to pace your usage of it early on.

Shura with a Setsuna's Yumi. It should debuff strength, Speed, skill, defense, and resistance.... I have not confirmed the strength and speed part, but it will debuff skill, defense, and resistance if it hits the enemy

Huh I actually really like the sound of Wary Fighter Ballistician, it's sad that Ignatius has a pretty bad personal skill for this but maybe Kagero!Ignatius could work? Maybe more skill is better though, Asugi or Kiragi yeah with I guess Flora?

Uhm, Kagero can't marry Benny. Did you mean Oboro?

For Revelation, if you turned Subaki into a Ballistician right after you get him then it helps him with strength growth( 55% Str) and his skill is already high so it should help him trigger the skill that auto-shoots at an enemy. It also helps him get a good bow rank if you're looking to A+ Niles for the Outlaw line. If you have a Raider Yumi and Darting Blow, he should get +8 effective speed when attacking which should help him double the early game enemies for awhile, but he will get doubled by enemies that attack him. Luckily, Subaki has decent defenses to take physical hits.

Subaki's a good choice because he doesn't really do well in his base class, but has the growths to pull of the Ballistician class. Units that do well in their base/heart/other classes may not want Ballistician, because it may stunt their growth and capability. Subaki having Darting Blow really helps in doubling, especially with the low speed, without harming him too much. He also gets access to Myrmidon skills and he also has a low enough magic growth to maybe use the Shining Bow if he gets enough magic.

In Birthright, Yukimura is a great choice, because deploying him nets you hit+ and a unit to weaken the enemy... but Birthright has pathetically weak enemies anyways so it doesn't really help much in the end.

In Conquest, Niles is one of the best pick, because it nets him 60% Str growth and he can get Mov+1 which helps with the class' low movement. Niles also already has a lot of speed, so the class forcuses more on his skill and Strength. He shouldn't be getting doubled, but he should be able to double the enemies commonly. The ballista command might help on chapter 10 and any other chapters with fliers that poses a threat to you.

In Conclusion, Subaki and Niles.