Contribute to "The Grand Archipelago" (Need something other than mugs...)

Avril Lavigne

In your "what I need" section, do you still want edits/assistance on the portraits marked (complete), or only help with the remaining portraits that have no progress yet?

I might have time and access to a computer tonight.

I think someone else said they were doing your Forde replacement, but I was curious if you wanted him to have the same armor as red cavalier, or his own style, similar to Forde's armor compared to Kyle's. Also is it safe to assume that any characters replacing others will have the same class, ie Bartre and Karla's replacements will be a fighter and swordmaster?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your "what I need" section, do you still want edits/assistance on the portraits marked (complete), or only help with the remaining portraits that have no progress yet?

I might have time and access to a computer tonight.

I think someone else said they were doing your Forde replacement, but I was curious if you wanted him to have the same armor as red cavalier, or his own style, similar to Forde's armor compared to Kyle's. Also is it safe to assume that any characters replacing others will have the same class, ie Bartre and Karla's replacements will be a fighter and swordmaster?

Okay, I'll answer the last question first: Yes, the classes will remain the same. Only for the replacement characters. There will be new characters after that with whatever fitting class comes to mind.

I don't mind if you make adjustments to the existing portraits that I've made. As you can see earlier CobyTheGoober said he'll custom them up (make them more...unique I'm guessing). So I dunno, I think I might have to make a group conversation or something for the contributors to see what they think instead of people messing with all of the same stuff.

Also, I would probably like if Karla and Bartre were focused on as opposed to Forde, because I'm pretty sure Frozen_Blades may be working on it...not really sure.....

Aannnnnd no, I don't need all cavaliers to have the same armor. In fact, I don't want them to. Btw, that cavalier replacement for Kent with the red armor is kinda lazily done, it was one of firsts.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work though too! Maybe you can PM me? Thanks for the reply!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Cool. I don't have a lot of work saved anymore, but I may be able to dredge up the last two mugs I made, since I did them at a LAN center, so they're on a USB rather than my deceased laptop. I'll look for the USB so I can send you an example of my work through pm.

I'll try my hand at Bartre and Karla first, but I might mock-up Forde if I have time, just because I like making cavaliers. If Frozen_Blades does one as well, you can feel free to use mine as another character, enemy, npc, or another cavalier if you like, since they did offer to make him first. But of course, I definitely don't expect you to use him if you already have a Forde and don't need mine for anything else.

Did someone summon me

I finished not-Forde, and did not-Vigarde while at it.

6bsH8w6.pnghZf1vAy.png

I'm planning on doing not-Knoll next, but I'll need some help from someone who can do custom work (it'll be easy and you can take half the reward).

Cool. I don't have a lot of work saved anymore, but I may be able to dredge up the last two mugs I made, since I did them at a LAN center, so they're on a USB rather than my deceased laptop. I'll look for the USB so I can send you an example of my work through pm.

I'll try my hand at Bartre and Karla first, but I might mock-up Forde if I have time, just because I like making cavaliers. If Frozen_Blades does one as well, you can feel free to use mine as another character, enemy, npc, or another cavalier if you like, since they did offer to make him first. But of course, I definitely don't expect you to use him if you already have a Forde and don't need mine for anything else.

Well, it looks like Frozen_Blades has been summoned! And sure, you can do that. And sounds great if you wanna work on Bartre and Karla! The more help, the faster this game will be on its way to its next release! Thank you very much. Also, just PM me if you wanna show me some of your previous work, or whatever... haha.

Did someone summon me

I finished not-Forde, and did not-Vigarde while at it.

6bsH8w6.pnghZf1vAy.png

I'm planning on doing not-Knoll next, but I'll need some help from someone who can do custom work (it'll be easy and you can take half the reward).

Wow... was NOT expecting that. Haha I am impressed. Not-Vigarde looks very intimidating and I love it. Damn, like he scares me. Great job!

Ooh, that Forde is cool. Might still make a cavalier anyways, if I'm on a roll after Bartre and Karla I may just sprite for sake of spriting, but if I'm proud of any of them I'll send em your way in case they can fill another spot.

I like that the Forde is distinguished, but will most likely still be kind of carefree and flirty.

Ooh, that Forde is cool. Might still make a cavalier anyways, if I'm on a roll after Bartre and Karla I may just sprite for sake of spriting, but if I'm proud of any of them I'll send em your way in case they can fill another spot.

I like that the Forde is distinguished, but will most likely still be kind of carefree and flirty.

Okay! Well keep me updated. I would for sure like to see your work in the future! (Especially on Karla and Bartre)

Announcement:

I will update the list, I'm also going to add Boies, Bool, and Zagan as replacement characters.

Okay, I actually added quite a few more that have featured in my story so far. And I think that's it, aside from the 6 bandits that aren't on there, but I'm not too concerned with them because their time with the story doesn't last too long (they don't matter too much now).

Thanks for all of the help so far!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

So this thread has been pretty inactive because I have a full-time job along with driving between cities looking for houses because I'm transferring my studies to a different university. I FINALLY got a house after looking for a month and a half, and will try to continue to resume the portrait making process. It might be while until the first batch are all complete, but that's okay. It's better not to rush it!

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

• 3 weeks later...