Hello everyone!

Farore

I've been very grateful to serenes forest ever since I accidentally picked up Awakening. I never thought I'd like the game- got it through a sort of promo deal after I played demo's of the games that were available and I realised I somehow enjoyed fire emblem the most, so I picked it. It turned into one of the games I've spent way too many hours on on my 3ds. Was actually looking for older gba versions, but got busy and hey, now there is fates.

I've been using the site's info for a while but never signed up until now, so.. here I am.

Not sure what to say about myself really but I'm in my thirties, have been gaming- sort of- since the nes or snes existed (don't remember exactly as it was my neighbour's), didn't have a nintendo myself until the gamecube arrived though- my mom never really got it I suppose and I sort of forgot about it during my teens. Mostly a zelda fan, some metroid, ac (another game I thought I wouldn't like) and FE now of course. Waiting for zelda on the nx. Skipped the wii u because.. no zelda. Sometimes I'm too busy working or doing other things and then I don't spend any time gaming for months and at other times- like now- it's sort of a non-stop thing.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope you're all enjoying fates, although I already read some comments here and there that make me think otherwise.. :)

Hey there, Fallen.

Personally I enjoy the 3DS entries in Fire Emblem, but at the same time I'm not an old fan who grew up with the older, more challenging titles.

@Killuba: thanks! At first I didn't even realise it had a forum XD just stumbled upon useful info while playing and searching for something online and bookmarked a few pages. Oh well :)

@Deviddo: thanks! I guess I could have been.. but I really never thought I'd like these kind of games so I never picked one up until I felt- sort of- obligated to try the demo. May have missed out. I do still have a gba so I think I might buy at least one older version at some point. Did you? (I mean, pick up an older copy after playing a newer one)

Well, you have Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and the new Zelda will be coming out on the Wii U. But if you had to choose between the NX or Wii U with the NX possibly being backwards-compatible, then yeah. Go for the NX.

Greetings, Salutations, Hello, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here!

From a former lurker to another, welcome!

Who knows? Either way, since I live in Brazil, it will be too expensive for me to buy. Heck, buying the New Nintendo 3DS was almost a "financial suicide" (for the lack of a better term) to me.

Edited by Alphastorm

Hi all, thanks for all the welcome messages!

@ Power Master: I know, but when they release Zelda they'll release the NX as well, like when they released the Wii with Twilight Princess which you could buy for the GC as well- really didn't get that. Personally the Wii U is one of the consoles I really don't mind skipping. I wasn't interested in Hyrule Warriors- is it any good?

@ SpacelessZarius: haha, never thought there would be AC fans here. It's so, so different.

@ Alphastorm: what will be too expensive to buy in Brazil? One of the GBA games- no you probably mean the NX? I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to the price tag, but I always find I use my nintendo's a lot, so I think they're worth saving up for/ buying usually, for me. No big holidays for me though :D

Welcome to Serenes Forest!

You're in your 30s? Yay, another oldie! (although I got a little over 7 months to go before I turn 30)

Haha, thanks for that one! Well I still have 6 yrs on you then so I hope that will make you feel a bit less old ;) Does that mean this forum is mostly filled with really young people? Oh well, I usually feel like I'm not acting my age anyway. Most of the people I know do things in the "right order" whereas I tend to just follow a less obvious path usually (which is good but can also be frustrating at times). I do wish gaming was a bit more popular with my friends, and I don't mean candy crush or whatever they're playing :P but, in general, there are quite a lot of people my age (and up) who are gamers so I'm a bit surprised- are they just not hanging out here?

Welcome to Airport 1001! Beware of the VIrus, ELMA-DS. And look out for the Death Rogumer too.

Oh wow I so don't know what that means XD

~edit; if anyone reads this and plays the EU/ Australia region game AND is willing to visit my castle; would you be so kind as to let me know which one you're seeing? I wonder if it's still directing people to the first game save (which has the wind tribe style castle, with the sand; I started over and my new castle has the izumite style atm) Quite soon after I restarted I got some messages that people visited the arena, which at that point my new castle didn't even have yet :0 but I am receiving the accessories and whatnot, so.. weird.

Edited by falleri