why do i feel like everything is boring

Femblemism

lately i feel like everything is boring. i have less than a week left until i head home for summer and the waiting game is punishing. almost everything is boring. i still do the stuff i normally do but with "my head held down" i don't know guys, what should i do? ( and im not depressed just super bored)

any ideas?

and sorry if i posted this wrong i am still pretty new :D

(posting this relieved some boredom i guess)

Edited by Femblemism

It happens. I have days of particularly bad melancholy. Try to do something productive. If I can clean the apartment, get some paperwork done, do laundry, etc, it makes me feel better to know I at least did something productive for the day.

if you're feeling bored, you can try getting a part time job, do volunteer work, or something along those lines.

personally i feel bored 90% of the time every summer but it is the little moments of fun that make me happy. i'm anxious about working but i know that i will do fine

Your mind craves novelty, which is common amongst a lot of people around the world.

My suggestion would be to take up on a hobby which may improve your career chances. Or do some voluntary work for charity organisations. If that doesn't satisfy you, why not do some travelling if you're old enough?

I hope that helps. :)

Depression isn't always about feeling down on yourself. Having a complete disinterest in everything is very much a sign of depression. That being said, it's not really a big deal to feel depressed once in a while. It's when you feel that way all the time that it becomes an issue.

One of yhe other posters talked about your mind needing some stimulation, and that's some pretty good advice to help you get out of a rut. Do something you haven't done in a while, or haven't done before at all. It can be as simple as going for a walk or riding a bike. Look for things that will help expand the way you look at the world.

Oh, it typically helps if it's something that is different from what you normally do. If you sit down at a computer most of the time, playing a video game or reading a book won't really push out of the wheelhouse. Or if you spend a lot of time hiking or running you may want to try sitting down with a book.

Edited by Sigtryggr

Depression isn't always about feeling down on yourself. Having a complete disinterest in everything is very much a sign of depression. That being said, it's not really a big deal to feel depressed once in a while. It's when you feel that way all the time that it becomes an issue.

Clinical depression is no joke. I recommend OP to see a doctor if this continues.

It's also true that everyone gets into that mood once in a while. You feel unmotivated and don't have any interest in doing things.

• 3 weeks later...

There's really nothing that makes you feel engaged as your waiting? It sounds like you're depressed buddy. As "normal“ and widespread as this condition is, if you can't promptly remedy the situation I recommend making an appointment with a psychiatrist before you let it influence and/or delay your studies.