Conquest

MeddlingMage

Class change into a dark mage then become a dark knight? That way you can use magic and still have the yato and levin sword.

So basically I start as a Nohr Prince/ Princess until I get Dragon Fang and then I heart seal into Dark Mage and then Master into Dark Knight so I can use the 2 swords.

What would be a good Boon/ Bane for this route?

Obviously take +Mag, the big growth boost it gives is one of the reasons to do a magical build in the first place. Bane depends on what you feel like giving up, I could see choosing almost anything except Speed.

I might hold off on class-changing until after promotion, and maybe even until Level 5, that way you get Draconic Hex and don't have to deal with being locked to E rank. But if you're set on using tomes primarily you may want to get started on the weapon rank earlier.

Yes. Good idea...

I would get Dragon Fang first, then I would reclass to a staff-wielding class, then progress far enough so that the Boo Camp enemies get past lv. 20 on the orange enemies, but not the green enemies there... Then I would get a Lunger and use Lunge when the enemy goes to the forest above the mist on top of map that is still in the reach of my non-flyers. Then I would use the lunger to block the enemy exit point on the Sigil above the non-flyer no-entry zone's no-lunger subzone(the non-flyer zone is comprised of the emptiness tiles that you can only access w/ a flyer that can pass through the partitions on the edges of the mist blockade, or the non-lunger subzone, that blocks all player-controlled units from crossing the mist but lets enemies cross. However, player-controlled units w/ Lunge can still gain access to the subzone by waiting until an enemy emerges from the mist tile to cross any tile that's not any mist one before lunging), which is a feat that the map makes it almost impossible to do if not for one and only one certain spot above the mist: the forest tile on the bottom and the center of the non-flyer no-entry zone's no-lunger subzone... Finally, I will move a unit to a muck tile, and use Corrin to heal the unit every turn...

^ And when I get enough experience, finally, reclass to either Dark Knight OR Nohr Noble so MU can use Yato as needed...

^ Warning! That requires a LOT of gold, so play and complete Ghostly Gold if you don't have enough gold to afford a lot healing staves... :)

Edited by shadowjam

Staying in Nohr Prince to get Dragon Fang, which you won't be able to proc if you're using Levin Swords... Levin Swords will be your only source of magic until promoting into E tomes.

Just get Diviner secondary and reclass to that ASAP. My Diviner!MUs often get speed or defence screwed though... In fact, MU is terribly susceptible to RNG screwage. At least Robin didn't mind that due to the sheer number of level-ups...

Yea you might as well stay on Nohr Prince if you want to use the Yato. Later you might want to use an Arms Scroll though. You can always buy skills online or if not, choose Diviner as a talent for tomefaire if that's more your thing. Nohr Prince has waaaaaaay better growths than both Dark Mage and Diviner. Personally, I never use the Yato, so I usually buy Aptitude from someone online and switch to Dark Mage ASAP.

Either way, it's fun and a good idea. Dragonstones are decent for tanking and OHKOs early game and later you get access to some pretty amazing tomes in Conquest.

If I want to try a Magical avatar in Conquest, would it be a good idea and how would you do it?

I've been playing a +Magic -Luck build in Conquest Lunatic recently, it's been fine so far. I hit level 10 to snag Dragon Fang and then reclassed into Dark Falcon. If you're male another strong option is to get a Fell Brand and turn into Robin 2.0 as a Grandmaster, since that allows you to use the Yato and tomes as well.

If you plan on not using any DLC or goodies at all, it's still good but I'd probably stick more with Nohr Noble until later, tanking with the dragonstone is really useful, and with pair-ups and tonics you can 1-shot some enemies.