Classes You Miss

They could just made them like the Spear Master counterpart. Nohr having the Sentinels from their soldiers, and Hoshido keeping the Spear Fighter/Master. Similar classes, different skills and builds? maybe?

They could have. Oni Savage is essentially Fighter with different stats and skills. But, alas...

I actually miss the Laguz transformations. At least bring back the bird tribe. The ravens and hawks were my favorite. Naesala was my bae.

Also, light magic. I want the clergy classes to wield light magic again. It annoys me that dark mages and regular mages have their own distinct branch of magic, but the clergy is forced to use normal weapons as if they don't deserve their own branch.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel class from FE9/10.

Yes, I know its now the Spear Fighter/Spear Master class. No, I don't want that. If I must be blunt, I want the European/Western-inspired class. No, I have nothing against the Spear Fighter/Spear Master class nor its Japanese/Eastern design; I just want my light-armored designs and Wrath/Vantage/Impale combo back.

Speaking of, as much as I liked third tier classes, I'd rather have them remain unique to Radiant Dawn, because I'm not counting on IntSys making another FE game long enough to justify three class tiers.

And to expound on my gripes with laguz: If I must be blunt, I think a unit type that can only fight part of the time and is virtually useless the other part of the time just doesn't work in FE. Radiant Dawn did NOT help the case of laguz because nearly all of them were either broken or useless.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I want mostly Bishops and Monks, also druids and shamans (and by that I mean an actual variety of dark magic, as well as the better class design). I also want Sages back to their former glory as actually being good, and by that I mean being able to double (the witch class is closer to what I want...) . Also as of fates I want theifs and assassins back but I'm totally biased. Though I do like outlaws and ninjas....

Also I miss the old kind of Falcon Knights, I want flying units with swords again! Besides these Falcon Knights can't heal for crap anyways.

I absolutely do not miss Warriors they are the most worthless class and in all of fire emblem, Berserkers are just better imo.

Edited by Locke087

I want the flying sword-and-lance class back (Falcoknights and Wyvern Lords exist, but their weapons are different now).

Y E S. I highly miss it and am salty that Falcon Knight in Fates still had staves.

I also miss light magic using classes.

Speaking of, as much as I liked third tier classes, I'd rather have them remain unique to Radiant Dawn, because I'm not counting on IntSys making another FE game long enough to justify three class tiers.

And to expound on my gripes with laguz: If I must be blunt, I think a unit type that can only fight part of the time and is virtually useless the other part of the time just doesn't work in FE. Radiant Dawn did NOT help the case of laguz because nearly all of them were either broken or useless.

I understand. While I don't necessarily miss the three tier classes, I just miss the class design. They could take out Halberdier and replace it with Sentinel and I would be satisfied.

As for laguz, I hated how they were implemented in PoR/RD as well. The only ones I used were the royals (mainly Naesala and Kurth), Nasir (I hated attempting to get him in PoR), Kyza (who was admittedly sort of crappy) and Ranulf.

I just want a bird type beast transformation is all I meant. LOL.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I highly miss Manakete. Making Corrin a dragon does very little from a plot standpoint and gets quickly invalidated by class changing, it feels like it was done just to use Wyrmslayers as an avatar-check. But why can't there still be a separate, dedicated manakete?

I want my elemental magic back, not the generalized magic we got in Fates... It's one of the few things I've loved in the Tellius games. I loved wind, light, and dark magic, but there is little to no representation of them in Fates, especially light and dark magic. It really peeves me that Nosferatu is a Dark Mage exclusive tome even though it's not even worth it.

Please bring back Monks and Bishops, or at least make another playable soldier like the Tellius games. I kinda miss the Warrior class even if it was always overshadowed by the Berserker class.

I absolutely do not miss Warriors they are the most worthless class and in all of fire emblem, Berserkers are just better imo.

Funny you say that because after this game, what little respect I had for Berserkers pretty much vanished faster than a puff of smoke. It wasn't enough that they're my least favorite promoted class, now they have to tie them to my least favorite first tier class AND give them a crit evade penalty to boot??? Unacceptable. I'll give Hawkeye and Largo credit for being good, though (Ross might get the benefit of the doubt, but opportunity cost rears its ugly head).

As for laguz, I hated how they were implemented in PoR/RD as well. The only ones I used were the royals (mainly Naesala and Kurth), Nasir (I hated attempting to get him in PoR), Kyza (who was admittedly sort of crappy) and Ranulf.

Yeah - it feels like a kick in the nuts when I have to bust my butt just to raise a laguz unit, just to have them fail to match up to your average beorc unit (this primarily applies to RD).

Fair enough.

I miss the bird laguz. And by miss I mean I missed the ability to use them as I've only had the GBA and DS games. Never had a gamecube or Wii so I didn't ever play PoR or RD. I mainly just fawned over how pretty all the artwork of the bird laguz was in the guidebook, especially the ones with swan looking wings. But then again I've had lots of people say how hard they were to use.

I really REALLY miss the 1-2 range of dragonstones that manatekes had. It really frustrates me that despite how pretty the avatar's dragon animations are, that I can't use it as a ranged attack even though all the other draconic weapons have a 1-2 range. *pouts* Makes me always want to put my avatar into a regular class instead but the outfit for Hoshidan Noble is so pretty...

I miss:

- First tier bow users on horseback. Hoshido just missed an opportunity here.

- On-foot healers for Nohr. And no, not fetish maids and butlers, I want my power nuns back. I loved miko and monks, and their promotions even more, but I would've liked a Nohrian counterpart for them too.

-Not enough classes in Hoshido use clubs, or so I felt that. Maybe it's because I did not use Rinkah, but not having more than two units starting as an oni savage is pretty sad (FYI I don't like Rinkah).

-WHY IS THE ONLY MALE DIVINER A BRAT! Their outfit is so sexy! This is a wasted opportunity. Ok this is what I miss: I miss handsome/cute/attractive male adult/young adult mages. The days of Pent are long gone.

-I miss good-looking Great Knights. Their new armor design, while better than Awakening, is still ass.

-I miss proper manakete. Beaststones are really bad so far.

I really enjoyed using the assassin class. Its design was cool and caps were nice. Master ninja just doesn't do it justice design wise and it lacks bows...

I also really liked assassin, a super high skill class that wields swords and bows. (Would have been a good class for Takumi) Animations were also nice.

I also miss fun crit animations like the ones in the GBA games. There are some cool crit animations in Fates, but I would like some more.

Also different magic types per each level. Elthunder/Elfire/Elwind for the "iron" tier instead of just thunder. I liked the variety and that I could always keep a character using one type of spell as they leveled up weapon ranks.

Sentinel (the armor wearers with the shield, not the kimono wearing guys with the funny hat and flag perma-lodged in their spines).

Awakening assassin. Balance-wise, they felt alot more fair than shuriken spam ninjas/dread fighters of fates. They had cooler animations imo. I preferred to think of them as swordmasters with a bow

I want the flying sword-and-lance class back (Falcoknights and Wyvern Lords exist, but their weapons are different now).

Me too, I was quite disappointed to find out that they didn't use sword after PoR.

I also miss the monsters: they weren't a challenge, but I loved their design and their animations were cool too, in particular in SS.

-War Monk/Clerics.

Too many Hoshido units uses bows, and I liked that class. Sakura would kick ass as a War Cleric, too.

-Flying units with swords.

Now that Wyvern lords uses axes and lances, why can't Falcon Knights use swords and lances? The Falcon Knights that you get have terrible magic anyways.

-Assassins/Tricksters

Although the Outlaw/Adventurer classes are basically tricksters, and I like their design, I can't stand bows, especially in this game where their might rivals axes. I miss the Jester inspired Trickster look and I really liked the cocky animations. Same with assassins.

Not relating to classes:

-More Dark Tomes

What was the point of making an exclusive class that uses dark magic, but there's only ONE DARK TOME!? Really, IS?!

-The Magic Triangle to come back.

I have no problems with the new weapon triangle, but I missed when magic had it's own, and with this, both physical and magical weapons can be shared.

ima make a joke...... Summoner. Wait their was a playable summoner in the FE series right?

Actually, Summoner was a usable class in Sacred Stones.

-The Magic Triangle to come back.

I have no problems with the new weapon triangle, but I missed when magic had it's own, and with this, both physical and magical weapons can be shared.

I disagree - to be blunt, there's just no point to the magic triangle, because for one, mages tend to be a minority in both the player's and enemy's armies, and second, it doesn't really promote strategy when mages in general tend to have high Resistance.

The Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel class from FE9/10.

Yes, I know its now the Spear Fighter/Spear Master class. No, I don't want that. If I must be blunt, I want the European/Western-inspired class. No, I have nothing against the Spear Fighter/Spear Master class nor its Japanese/Eastern design; I just want my light-armored designs and Wrath/Vantage/Impale combo back.

My thoughts exactly, I miss using that class very much, western-inspired and everything.

I also want monks and bishops back (light magic, really)... Along with assassins. Imo assassins were much cooller than the master ninjas we have in fates. It's been mentioned a few times already but that bow/sword combo was super fun and useful.

My thoughts exactly, I miss using that class very much, western-inspired and everything.

I also want monks and bishops back (light magic, really)... Along with assassins. Imo assassins were much cooller than the master ninjas we have in fates. It's been mentioned a few times already but that bow/sword combo was super fun and useful.

I dunno - the assassin design in Awakening was one of my less liked designs. It wasn't as cringe-worthy as the Berserker design, but it was still pretty lackluster.

I've only played Sacred Stones, Sword of Seals and Eliwood's FE (can't remember proper title) along with the gamecube games. Out of all of them, I really miss the animations for crits for Assassin and Swordmaster from Sacred Stones. Not to mention, Generals in that game were awesome! I loved the design and combat animations for them! Not real crazy over the paladins attack animations though...they should have just kept it the way it was from way back then. Simple, but realistic...Like seriously, how you gonna swing a sword out in front of you, hit the enemy once, then have your horse jump and turn in mid air while you make a 2nd swing? I miss Pirates and Warriors from Sacred Stones...Ross made it a really good class...well, he made any class good for me honestly.