A Fire Emblem fighting game?

I could see this working, but Street Fighter wouldn't be my choice of engine. I'd suggest something more along the lines of Samurai Shodown (admittedly, I've only played one of them, once, in an arcade years ago, but I've seen gameplay of it on YouTube and it seems like it could work for FE, where everyone has a weapon of some kind).

I would probably buy an FE fighter if it happened.

I feel like a Fire Emblem fighting game would work more like Soul Caliber. Honestly, a Street Fighter-styled game doesn't seem like a good fit.

YES PLEASE! Maybe it could even stay an SRPG but instead of the units automatically fighting, they would fight for like 15 seconds or something in the game (30 maybe). :D

I too agree it should be more like SoulCalibur, but not the trashy SoulCalibur from 3 onwards pls.

CHARACTER LIST

Marth

Ike

Camilla

Lucina

Robin

Corn

Rolf

Doga

Holmes

Hawk

Dorcas

Lyre

Meg

Fiona

Manfroy

Batta teh kitteh

Vaike

Sophia

Haitaka

Wrys

Ewan

Dew

RNG pooped Lyn

RNG Screwed Eirika

RNG blessed Micaiah

Setsuna

Lilith (fish)

Ilyana

Fergus

Kempf

Hire me Namco!

Well, Nintendo and Bandai Namco are pretty cozy these days (given Smash Bros., etc.), so a Soul Calibur-infused Fire Emblem spin-off (much like TMS#FE, just stick Atlus in place of BN) could be something that would actually be a reasonable endeavor. That said, I think Soul Calibur 3's Chronicles of the Sword might actually be the best mode to build on instead of a straight fighting game (of course, regular battles, especially multiplayer, could still be your standard matchmaking fare) since it would be like a "best of both worlds" scenario - granted, it would very much need to be modified to suit FE's slightly more tactical nature (since CotS was more RTS like), but the idea's there.

And, everyone's referencing Street Fighter as a 2(.5)D frame of reference for a fighter (and not being that suitable), but don't forget about most of Arc Systems Works' franchises. If a similar structure to SF can work for those and they often feature weapons in combat, it could end up being something that would still work.

Soul Calibur is what I think of too when 'FE fighting game' is mentioned. I think a FE game would work with a Soul Calibur premise, but with something to make it stand out and not just be a clone. I dunno what tho.

I'd love to see a FE smash bros. clone too, tho, because I don't care what the haters say, 6 FE characters in smash was the best thing ever, and swordies in Smash in general are fun to watch in competitive play.

I'd think it would be interesting if there was an Arc Systems style FE game. Blazblue to be specific since it's easier than it's hardcore older brother Guilty Gear.

Anyone else wanna see a FE hack and slash too?

I'd love to see a FE smash bros. clone too, tho, because I don't care what the haters say, 6 FE characters in smash was the best thing ever, and swordies in Smash in general are fun to watch in competitive play.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this either. Although it would be nice if they changed up Roy and Lucina a bit more if they did this (especially Lucina, she has to be able to do more than be a Marth-alike).

I'd think it would be interesting if there was an Arc Systems style FE game. Blazblue to be specific since it's easier than it's hardcore older brother Guilty Gear.

Yes.

So much yes.

All of my yes.

Although maybe I'd prefer it take more after GG tho. Purely personal preference on that one.

Anyone else wanna see a FE hack and slash too?

Also, this. I would like this. Although, by hack and slash, do you mean like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta, or more like Hyrule Warriors? Because I would enjoy either of those options.

Also, this. I would like this. Although, by hack and slash, do you mean like Devil May Cry/Bayonetta, or more like Hyrule Warriors? Because I would enjoy either of those options.

More than likely it'll be built like HW, but with more editions to make it more FE-like.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this either. Although it would be nice if they changed up Roy and Lucina a bit more if they did this (especially Lucina, she has to be able to do more than be a Marth-alike).

Agreed. I kinda wanted Lucy to have more of a Fencing style like in her Awakening animations.

I'd agree with this notion. Arc is my favorite fighting dev and they pretty much dominate the anime-style fighter market if I'm not mistaken. Plus most of their games feature weapon wielders throughout their casts so the translation to Fire Emblem weapons wouldn't be hard for them.

Yes. Soul Calibur style, sure. Street Fighter, yeah. Arc Systems style, uh huh. Killer Instinct, why not. Anything, don't care, just give it to me. I've written and lost many notes over the years of what I'd want from this.

I would probably prefer 2D simply because I enjoy sprite-work so much, but I'd take anything. My character list was focused on representing all of the classes without over-representing a single game. My character list was too big though, my original list was a main character from each game+ a villain if they had a good one.

My only real hope is that Soul Calibur makes a comeback on Nintendo consoles, and as a result we get an FE guest character along with a lot of FE themed customization items. Soul Calibur with the return of Link, and an FE character. Why don't they want my money? Am I too old?

More than likely it'll be built like HW, but with more editions to make it more FE-like.

Ah, I see. FE Warriors makes sense, and I'd like to see that.

Started imagining FE Bayonetta for a sec tho. And I kinda want.

Agreed. I kinda wanted Lucy to have more of a Fencing style like in her Awakening animations.

Yeah, that kinda annoyed me for a bit too.

Then I went back to playing Kirby and Robin and didn't think about it again.

Hopefully if she comes back as a full character for Smash 5, she'll get some differentiation from Marth.

I'd agree with this notion. Arc is my favorite fighting dev and they pretty much dominate the anime-style fighter market if I'm not mistaken. Plus most of their games feature weapon wielders throughout their casts so the translation to Fire Emblem weapons wouldn't be hard for them.

I hadn't considered that. Arc does have a lot of experience in fighters with lots of weapons, so they'd probably be really good devs for an FE fighter.

It would work best with the Soul Calbur or DOA engines.Shapshifting chars other than Corrin fight in ther shifted form. Corrin fights in human form. Robin can switch between melee and ranged just like in SSB4.

Inventing the concept is easy: Chrom and Corrin decide to summon heroes from other worlds to fight and settle once and for all which of them is the strongest.