Is boots better on Marcia or Jill?

I've had this game since it came out and I've always played it casually. I never played within the turn counts to get the maximum bonus experience. So I picked this game up again last week for the first time in a while and want to get the max bexp every chapter and so does Marcia or Jill make better use of boots later in general? Thanks.

Also, what other skills are good on Marcia/Jill besides savior?

Edited by BerserkStaff

Jill is tankier against physical weapons while Marcia is a bit better against magic users and tends to have a better evasion.

I'd go for Marcia although boots work on both excellent.

As secondary skill I'd go for adept to have a higher chance of killing more enemies in enemy phase.

Tbh, I almost never give the boots to an already high-move unit. I usually go with the Lord, the Dancer, or my General. So in the case of this game, I tend to favor Ike, Reyson, or Brom. In your case though, I generally use Jill more, so I'd go with her.

boots on a high move unit who annihilates most things is always good bc it means lower turns and more bexp so thats why i was asking between jill or marcia. used it on marcia bc it's chapter 18 and she has capped strength and 21 defense lol thanks guys

• 1 month later...

It's redundant in every sense of the word, and let alone if you're not even LTC'ing. I want to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, not Path of Jill/Marcia to Destruction. They have 9 Move, and that's literally all you need. Giving it to a Lord, Dancer-like or a General (if you're using one) is the best way to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, the argument for giving boots to a high movement unit is the same as giving a unit which already has high defense a dragonshield. A unit which gets 1HKO'd and still gets 1HKO'd even with +2 defence is sort of a waste. A unit which takes 4-5HKO turns into a 5-6HKO. That is instantly better usage as it allows the unit to survive an attack and helps make the tanky unit even better at that role. Giving a dragonshield to a unit that goes even from a 1HKO into a 2HKO is still a waste since that makes this unit incredibly fragile and will not be seeing much enemy phase. The tanky unit is best usage as you will see the rewards of the -2 damage to that unit more often.

Therefore, giving boots to a high movement unit can make better use of it too. They get to move to some location, take an action, then remove afterwards. A ground unit cannot get that and therefore you get less usage out of the boots if you are not moving the maximum distance each round.

Edited by Vorena

• 3 weeks later...