JP FE9 Maniac mode

Basically.

I remember, for both me and others, that one chapter with the boat sieges, where Gatrie and Stella (Astrid) join; that was a messed up chapter. Had to abuse pushing in the beginning just to get a foothold, and then please hope nothing too hysterical happens. I always seemed to attract random critical hits also, which gave me quite the headache while having to restart the chapter constantly. I think I ended up just setting aside and defending the doorway the entire time, as the chests really weren't completely worth it anyways :[

I stopped around the chapter 23 or so out of boredom. The chapters were still hard, but it felt more to me like the game was just getting stretched out longer rather than harder, with extra battles and the like. Might mess around with it some day again or something.

Last I heard, our Akatsuki (FE10) had no modification to the difficulty, at least, actual difficulty-wise.

From what I heard according to Japanese Gamers is like the most difficult mode that NA Nintendo got rid of the Maniac mode and replaced it by putting the Easy mode in that game.

They also made Hard mode slightly harder, IIRC(WHICH I NEVER DO)

The transfer glitch is most likely because NoA removed an entire section of data and added in a new piece, and then sorta "forgot" to implement the change in Akatsuki (FE10). This is backed up a little by the fact that the saves still have the original difficulties, as in, Maniac will show up instead of Hard, and the like.

They hopefully fixed that little bug. I haven't bothered with a transfer myself.