Conquest kids advice.

Varidan

Getting ready for another run-through of Conquest, i copped out on my first run through and lowered the Hard setting to Normal at Ch. 25 just so I could finish the story faster. The 5 dads i'm thinking of using are Arthur, Benny, Xander, Odin, and not sure who else... Seems like a toss-up between Kaze/Niles/Laslow (First 2 are extremely useful on Conquest, but I didn't use Laslow last time) Sill working on the mothers and pairings, but the ones I feel I want to use so far are Mozu, Peri, most likely Elise, and Azure of course. The one pairing I'm set on is Avatar/Xander. I wanted to make favored class Swordmaster and give that to Xander and try that out. Odin/Elise is probably another strong choice for Ophelia.

So to get to my main question, of these paralogues, which ones are harder and should be done as soon as possible? Avatar/Xander will probably be the last pairing to hit S, but with several paralogues popping up by then, I'm thinking it will be okay. I believe I've heard that Kana's paralogue is the easiest anyways, so I'd probably do that last. On the other hand I hear Siegbert and Ignatius are a pain.

Any insight on that, and maybe some advice on my pairings would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ignatius and Siegbert's paralogues suck to do late, and ditto for Soleil's and Nina's.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Well I've decided on my pairings for this run.

Odin/Elise

Arthur/Mozu

Kaze/Azura

Benny/Peri

I realize its only 10 units, but I wanted to leave room for the kids. I also had a question about the paralogues; their difficulty is based on how far you are in the game right? Not levels? That way I can hopefully use Ophelia and Percy's paralogues to speed up the later relationships. And if its based on your progress in the main game, what chapter do things start getting hairy in the paralogues?

I used Velouria my last play through, she wasn't bad. I think Beruka as her mom killed her speed though, but still made her nigh unkillable. I'm just not sure if i should leave her as a Wolfskin or build her another way. Lack of 2-range makes me sad.

Well I've decided on my pairings for this run.

Odin/Elise

Arthur/Mozu

Kaze/Azura

Benny/Peri

I realize its only 10 units, but I wanted to leave room for the kids. I also had a question about the paralogues; their difficulty is based on how far you are in the game right? Not levels? That way I can hopefully use Ophelia and Percy's paralogues to speed up the later relationships. And if its based on your progress in the main game, what chapter do things start getting hairy in the paralogues?

I used Velouria my last play through, she wasn't bad. I think Beruka as her mom killed her speed though, but still made her nigh unkillable. I'm just not sure if i should leave her as a Wolfskin or build her another way. Lack of 2-range makes me sad.

Ayup, it's based on game progress. I'd honestly say things start getting hairy in the paralogues after chapter 18.

WRT Velouria, I'd honestly say she's best left as a wolf.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Alright, thanks everyone. Yea I lost out on Ignatius on my last play through. I mean I cleared the map, but he died. I thought it was fine since afterwards dialogue took place that assumed he had joined, and I saved before realizing he didn't. Doing Ninas paralogue before his threw me off since her dying was fine... But I won't make that mistake again.

Rather than start a new topic, I figured I'd continue posting here. Anyways, I struggled with Ch 10 when this first came out, took quite a few tries. This time around? Took only one try. Archer Mozu really is amazing, plus Samurai Corrin with Jakob pairup on the left village to easily deal with the Oni Savages, (even though one hit me with 18% chance...) The only 2 things that went wrong was Effie whiffing a 96% hit, and Corrin leveling and only gaining +1 luck.

But Odin is really starting to become the real star here. He is now level 12 and has gained 6 points in str and 5 in magic, making me start to reconsider his future. Since he's marrying Elise, that would give him the Wyvern trees right? So I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on Malig Knight Odin? Otherwise, I may just stick with Sorc, and some Dark Knight for skills. (or last minute change to marry Camilla instead...)

Anyways, Corrin is at 92 exp to time to rig her a level up in Ch 11 to make up for the last one...

Edited by Varidan

But Odin is really starting to become the real star here. He is now level 12 and has gained 6 points in str and 5 in magic, making me start to reconsider his future. Since he's marrying Elise, that would give him the Wyvern trees right? So I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on Malig Knight Odin? Otherwise, I may just stick with Sorc, and some Dark Knight for skills. (or last minute change to marry Camilla instead...)

Anyways, Corrin is at 92 exp to time to rig her a level up in Ch 11 to make up for the last one...

Nope, he'd get Troubadour.

Nope, he'd get Troubadour.

Right, I forgot they only get their spouses main class. Well then, taking Ophelia into account... Elise or Camilla? Strategist or Malig Knight? Unless theres someone he can buddy to get both?

Edit: Make that 7 points of str... just leveled to 13. Jeez, at this point maybe I should just buddy Arthur and go berserker...

Edited by Varidan

Rather than start a new topic, I figured I'd continue posting here. Anyways, I struggled with Ch 10 when this first came out, took quite a few tries. This time around? Took only one try. Archer Mozu really is amazing, plus Samurai Corrin with Jakob pairup on the left village to easily deal with the Oni Savages, (even though one hit me with 18% chance...) The only 2 things that went wrong was Effie whiffing a 96% hit, and Corrin leveling and only gaining +1 luck.

I'd stick with Sorc odin to be honest, he's one of the few with enough innate bulk to nos-tank early. Give him a defense tonic and a decent pair up and he can take whole sections of the map by himself without issue.

Ignatius and Siegbert's paralogues suck to do late, and ditto for Soleil's and Nina's.

Nina is hard ?

I made it early on, but I don't see it being that hard, since she would die from a cut of Paper (and you can have things like Pass at this point.)

Ignatius is a massive pain, especially because of those damn Master Ninjas.

Of all the Conquest kids he's the most painfull to recruit.

Siegbert isn't a problem in Casual (obviously), but otherwise is Deadly even early on.

Soleil needs you to rush to recruit her, but afterwards is OK.

Another hard one is Sophie's. Epecially if you want to save the villagers.

Midori's is the easiest of all. It can potentially be 1-Turned even on the final chapter (I 2-turned it on Normal ch27, but I see no reasons why it wouldn't works.)

Edited by Tamanoir

Nina is hard ?

I made it early on, but I don't see it being that hard, since she would die from a cut of Paper (and you can have things like Pass at this point.)

Ignatius is a massive pain, especially because of those damn Master Ninjas.

Of all the Conquest kids he's the most painfull to recruit.

Siegbert isn't a problem in Casual (obviously), but otherwise is Deadly even early on.

Soleil needs you to rush to recruit her, but afterwards is OK.

Another hard one is Sophie's. Epecially if you want to save the villagers.

Mozu's is the easiest of all. It can potentially be 1-Turned even on the final chapter (I 2-turned it on Normal ch27, but I see no reasons why it wouldn't works.)

One word: Greed. I refuse to let any enemy thieves escape with my treasure.

I'd stick with Sorc odin to be honest, he's one of the few with enough innate bulk to nos-tank early. Give him a defense tonic and a decent pair up and he can take whole sections of the map by himself without issue.

You say he can nos-tank early, which is great, but what about later? Still makes it hard to pick a wife. The main plus i can see from Elise aside from superior magic growth for Ophelia, is Odin can put inspiration to good use if he's on the front lines a lot. But gaining trample from Camilla is some nice extra damage, plus her pairup stats are perfect for a nos-tank.

I mean OdinxElise seems to be the most popular pairing for him, but i have not seen any opinions of an OdinxCamilla pairing, and I'm wondering why cuz it sounds like it could be a legit hybrid build.

Edit: Nvm, theres a thread specifically about OdinxCamilla. Guess I'm going to go for it, especially since making Elise a pair-up bot is kind of a silly idea since I need her healing most of the time.

Edited by Varidan