My attempt at Nohr!Hard

Leif

I wanted your opinions on my parings and avatar build for my first attempt at a Conquest!Hard mode run through.

[spoiler=Avatar]

Argilla (DDS themed run)

Boon: Clever

Bane: Unlucky

Talent: Cavalier

Base Growths:

HP = 45%

Strength = 40%

Magic = 45%

Skill = 40%

Speed = 50%

Luck = 25%

Defense = 35%

Resistance = 30%

Modifiers:

Strength: -1

Magic: +3

Skill: 0

Speed: +2

Luck: -3

Defense: 0

Resistance: +2

I'm planning on having tons of Levin Sword abuse. That's why I had the +Mag Cavalier build.

[spoiler=Pairings]

Agrilla x Jakob

Azura x Kaze

Odin x Elise

Niles X Camilla

Silas x Selena

Arthur x Effie

Keaton x Beruka

Benny x Peri

Leo x Nyx

Laslow x Felicia

Xander x Charlotte

Need tons of advice here since I am, obviously, planning on these pairings only to get through Conquest!Hard efficiently and effectively. I will not use any DLC or visit other "My Castle" maps.

I will be using a Sniper!Mozu since she pretty much trivialized any difficulty I had with Normal!Conquest.

I think I should pair Mozu up with someone. Who should be her hubby? I was thinking of having Mozu marry Keaton. I'll occasionally post my progress as I make it through the chapters.

Edited by Leif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should capture Haitaka, Kumagera, and Gazak. Haitaka has great growths and has Rally Defense, and is very good to have, especially for Chapter 10 and beyond, and Kumagera on Hard Mode has Countermagic and Darting Blow in addition to Certain Blow, and combine Countermagic with Counter, he could reflect pretty much anything physical or magical, and can also have Death Blow, and for Gazak, on Hard Mode or up, has Pavis and Certain Blow in addition to Good Fortune, which are very helpful to him, and if you play it on Lunatic, he can get S rank in Axes/Clubs, too.

Edited by VallaKnight12

If you really want Levin Swords on horses, you will be much better served with Dark Knight - better Magic growth and better caps. Nohr Noble also works, though you lose the horse in the process.

You won't get procs if you plan on running through Conquest with a Levin Sword, though.

Unless you're dead set on 100%-ing it, don't use everybody. Just find a dozen or so characters and focus on them.

Odin really shouldn't be used; he may hit more often than Nyx, but does everything else that you'd want out of a mage worse.

Peri's also hard to use, due to being a glass cannon that's a bit too glassy; in comparison, Silas is pretty decent all-round and (if you don't get RNG screwed) could end up as a second Xander of sorts.

Selena is more defense based than Laslow; while he has higher skill, hers isn't too shabby either. I also personally find Selena and Kaze work well together, but that's just me.

To make Benny useful, you should probably insta-promote him; he NEEDS Defensive Formation.

That's all I can say for now.

I agree that you're probably using too many units for Conquest Hard, unless you plan to grind.

Peri's also hard to use, due to being a glass cannon that's a bit too glassy; in comparison, Silas is pretty decent all-round and (if you don't get RNG screwed) could end up as a second Xander of sorts.

Peri's really not that fragile, especially with Great Knight as a promotion to boost her Def by 5. And she's being paired with Benny.

Peri's really not that fragile, especially with Great Knight as a promotion to boost her Def by 5. And she's being paired with Benny.

Ture; however, Benny himself is kinda hard to use and redundant when you've got both Silas and Effie.

pairing opinions

Note: Pairings I haven't mentioned are good to go.

Niles X Camilla

OK, but making nina magical isn't the worst idea if you don't want felicia to be left alone. personally gave camilla to silas instead.

Silas x Selena

see above. silas x selena isn't the worst but if there's a choice between camilla and selena as a mother (i.e. you didn't choose camilla for someone else already), I would choose the former.

Keaton x Beruka

Meh. I would suggest Keaton x Mozu and give beruka to benny.

Benny x Peri

see above. peri has poor modifiers for def and ignatius can take beruka's poor spd modifiers.

Laslow x Felicia

Terrible, their stats and modifiers do not mix at all. would go with selena or peri.

Also keep in mind if you have a female MU and marry 1st gen non-corrinsexual, you will have 1 unmarried female at the end. I usually leave selena as the bachelorette because she has poor modifiers in general.

Edit: actually, is your standard of pairing mainly based on children or how well they perform together on the maps?

Edited by darkestdarkness

Ture; however, Benny himself is kinda hard to use and redundant when you've got both Silas and Effie.

He's using 22 first-gen PCs, I don't think he's concerned with redundancy.

And while I'm inclined to agree with you that Effie > Benny and Silas > Peri, the latter end of each pair definitely has clear advantages over the former. In Peri's case, she's actually not too similar to Silas aside from being on a mount; she has considerably better speed/offence (which gets even better with Azura), while he's more of a mobile tank who happens to have good power (similar to a classic wyvern lord). In Benny's case, once he gets rolling with Wary Fighter he's the single best wall in the game, while Effie is merely a respectable tank who happens to have great power and can thus fish for OHKOs + has great dual strikes.

I don't plan on using all the units, I was hoping to get at many children as possible to grind for supports as well as get more experience.

I'll give Keaton to Mozu. I don't mind leaving one female as a bachelorette. I'll leave Peri out. I don't plan on using kids all that often aside from Ophelia, Velouria, and maybe Percy. I rely on First Gen units. I was making pairing decisions based on pair up bonuses. E.G. Arthur x Effie makes Effie 10x more of killing machine.

Should I reclass Jakob as a Great Knight asap? Also, when should I make Argilla a Cavalier, because Elbow Room would be really nice to have on her sooner rather than later.

Levin Sword Corrin is very strong. I would reclass after you get Dragon Fang, so at level 10 with the Heart Seal you get from the first shop. You can wait a little later and reclass with the C9 Heart Seal if you want to use Paladin Jacob. If you want to use Jacob as a pairup bot, Great Knight is good, but you might want to consider Butler/Stratagist for the Mag/Spd/Mov boosts.

Edit: Actually, I would suggest doing Corrin pairup with Gunter. Gunter gives much better offense boosts while still giving decent defensive and move boosts.

Corrin's offense with a Levin Sword starts to taper off nearing the end of the game. MaligKnight!Gunter essentially gives +5 Mag, which can make the difference between ORKOing and not ORKOing. He also gives Def, Res, and Mov, plus he is able to fly ferry Corrin places.

I believe doing this also allows you to get all the children, or maybe that's for another route.

Kana will be kill tho.

Edited by avengerfive

Unless you're dead set on 100%-ing it, don't use everybody. Just find a dozen or so characters and focus on them.

Odin really shouldn't be used; he may hit more often than Nyx, but does everything else that you'd want out of a mage worse.

Selena is more defense based than Laslow; while he has higher skill, hers isn't too shabby either. I also personally find Selena and Kaze work well together, but that's just me.

To make Benny useful, you should probably insta-promote him; he NEEDS Defensive Formation.

That's all I can say for now.

Politely disagree on Odin's usefulness, I'm playing through Lunatic Conquest and he's a star performer, and one of the few nos-tanks you can use effectively thanks to his well rounded stat spread. Nyx has absolutely no bulk, and Leo arrives late and can have accuracy issues. Plus, Ophelia is arguably the best Nohr child, so it's worth putting the time in early for that if nothing else.

to the OP; if you're not concerned with using everyone you might consider marrying one of the first gen males, since that will let his kid get Nohr noble skills along with kana. Draconic Hex and dragon fang are both great.

Politely disagree on Odin's usefulness, I'm playing through Lunatic Conquest and he's a star performer, and one of the few nos-tanks you can use effectively thanks to his well rounded stat spread. Nyx has absolutely no bulk, and Leo arrives late and can have accuracy issues. Plus, Ophelia is arguably the best Nohr child, so it's worth putting the time in early for that if nothing else.

I agree with this. Odin is an excellent nos tank and I've used him to great success in my own conquest hard run, tanked the generals in chapter 26 like a champ. Odin can get RNG screwed though. I got lucky since my Odin capped def, luck and magic(with spirit dust assistance).

OP, how many units are you planning on using? I've used 14 from the 1st gen,2 of which are pair up bots, and 2 children and its worked out great.

I agree with this. Odin is an excellent nos tank and I've used him to great success in my own conquest hard run, tanked the generals in chapter 26 like a champ. Odin can get RNG screwed though. I got lucky since my Odin capped def, luck and magic(with spirit dust assistance).

OP, how many units are you planning on using? I've used 14 from the 1st gen,2 of which are pair up bots, and 2 children and its worked out great.

That's my plan since that happened in my Nohr Normal play through. Out of the children, I will probably end up using Velouria and Ophelia. Ophelia with her OP skill will make quick work of tough enemies and Aptitude!Velouria will be a beast, no pun intended.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

Right in the middle of Chapter 8. Had do restart my previous save file because Agrilla was getting RNG screwed. I'm using a vanilla F!Corrin with the same Bane/Boon combo that Argilla had.

Currently, I have Silas, Effie, Jakob, Odin, Niles, Elise, and Archer!Mozu tackling the Ice Tribe clansmen. I was able to use Silas to ferry Corrin over to Flora and ORKO her. In addition, the pair reached the last two villages before the enemy soldier got to them. So, 3 out of the 5 villages have been visited. I'll be getting 10,000 gold at the end of the chapter, which is great since I spent 2500 gold to get Mozu a bronze bow and heart seal. x(

I had to give a pair of boots and one dragon herb to Corrin to have her ORKO Flora and reach the Dragon Vein by Turn 2. I only used the My Castle Crystal to acquire the path bonuses. That's the only "cheatsy" thing I'm going to do for this run. I'm also not planning on using capture since I'd rather have unit slots for support/pair-up bots.

I'm a tad worried that Effie and Arthur won't make it to a S support anytime soon since I had to bench Arthur this chapter. There is a ton of Dark Mages with Heartseeker or Malefic Aura, so I decided not to risk him getting picked off by them. Plus, Mozu has way more skill and speed, so she will be more useful any way. Worst comes to worst, I'll have Effie marry Silas. Currently, Effie and Arthur are at C support soon to be at B the next time they partake in battle. Corrin will reach A support with Jakob by chapter 8's conclusion.

Edited by Leif

Use Laslow, he makes the best rally bot in the game, and if you marry him to Selena/Azura and buddy him with Keaton he can get Rally Skill, Rally Speed, Rally Strength, Fancy Footwork AND REPLICATE, for a total of +5 str, +4 skl and +5 spd, and you can have him in two places at once.

I'm about to start chapter 10. Should I reclass Jakob into a Strategist or a Great Knight? Strategist will help Corrin's Resistance, and Magic, but Great Knight will give a major boost in defense and strength. Keep in mind that Corrin is the +Mag build for Levin Sword abuse.

When should I reclass Corrin to a Cavalier?

Edited by Leif

I'm about to start chapter 10. Should I reclass Jakob into a Strategist or a Great Knight? Strategist will help Corrin's Resistance, speed and Magic, but Great Knight will give a major boost in defense.

Or should I give Corrin the heart seal and make her a cavalier?

I went strategist because it lets you get Inspiration extremely early, and that's a really useful skill in Conquest due to the enemy AI. You want to have a bunch of rallies and defensive auras so that you can modify your defensive scores at will when baiting groups.

I went strategist because it lets you get Inspiration extremely early, and that's a really useful skill in Conquest due to the enemy AI. You want to have a bunch of rallies and defensive auras so that you can modify your defensive scores at will when baiting groups.

Ok, Jakob is at Level 8, so I need to feed him some kills. Also Arthur is at level 7, so I REALLY need to get him up to speed because I want to promote him at level 10 so I can make him a berserker and give Effie insane strength.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

Holy crap, I got through Chapter 10 Nohr Hard on my first try! Odin and Archer!Mozu were incredibly useful thanks to tonics. Odin tanked like a champion with Nosferatu and Azura and Mozu made quick work of the archers that tried to come up the alleyway on the right. Making Jakob a Strategist was also an awesome decision since Corrin was able to OHKO all the Oni Savages with her dragon stone. Camilla paired up with Beruka, which made her even more of a murdering tank. Effie is an absolute monster as well thanks to Arthur boosting her offensive stats to sky-high levels. Effie 2RKO'd Hinata with a ​javelin!

The turrets were very useful in weakening the enemies. Also, I've come to realize how awesome personal skills are. When adjacent to male units, Elise reduces damage by 5 points. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I was dreading this chapter, but I'm surprised that I completed it and didn't run into ANY trouble. O_O

So, Nyx and Beruka are getting the bench. I decided to have Felicia marry Leo since Nyx is probably one of the worst units in the game along with Hana and Rinkah. No matter what I do, she can't hit targets, at all. Period. Camilla outshines Beruka in general. I probably won't be getting Ignatius since Benny will hit the bench as soon as I get him. I'm not going to be using DLC or My Castle abuse to grind supports. Besides, Ignatius's chapter is a bitch.

Corrin married Jakob. Odin and Elise are at B support, Arthur and Effie are still at B support, probably going to A once I complete another battle. Silas and Selena are at C support. I'm gonna have to work on getting Niles and Camilla up to par since I didn't have a moment's notice for the two to do battle together. Dwyer's paralogue looks like a bitch thanks to all the promoted units, so I'll just do Kana's first, since the enemies there are at a lower level.

Should I bother using Kana or Dwyer at all? They'll probably have garbage growths since Jakob isn't exactly the best battling unit, only a good pair-up bot.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

Holy crap, I got through Chapter 10 Nohr Hard on my first try! Odin and Archer!Mozu were incredibly useful thanks to tonics. Odin tanked like a champion with Nosferatu and Azura and Mozu made quick work of the archers that tried to come up the alleyway on the right. Making Jakob a Strategist was also an awesome decision since Corrin was able to OHKO all the Oni Savages with her dragon stone. Camilla paired up with Beruka, which made her even more of a murdering tank. Effie is an absolute monster as well thanks to Arthur boosting her offensive stats to sky-high levels. Effie 2RKO'd Hinata with a ​javelin!

The turrets were very useful in weakening the enemies. Also, I've come to realize how awesome personal skills are. When adjacent to male units, Elise reduces damage by 5 points. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I was dreading this chapter, but I'm surprised that I completed it and didn't run into ANY trouble. O_O

So, Nyx and Beruka are getting the bench. I decided to have Felicia marry Leo since Nyx is probably one of the worst units in the game along with Hana and Rinkah. No matter what I do, she can't hit targets, at all. Period. Camilla outshines Beruka in general. I probably won't be getting Ignatius since Benny will hit the bench as soon as I get him. I'm not going to be using DLC or My Castle abuse to grind supports. Besides, Ignatius's chapter is a bitch.

Corrin married Jakob. Odin and Elise are at B support, Arthur and Effie are still at B support, probably going to A once I complete another battle. Silas and Selena are at C support. I'm gonna have to work on getting Niles and Camilla up to par since I didn't have a moment's notice for the two to do battle together. Dwyer's paralogue looks like a bitch thanks to all the promoted units, so I'll just do Kana's first, since the enemies there are at a lower level.

Should I bother using Kana or Dwyer at all? They'll probably have garbage growths since Jakob isn't exactly the best battling unit, only a good pair-up bot.

Congrats! I'm currently in the middle of my first Hard!Conquest run too and actually found Chapter 10 to be one of the Chapters I had to reset the least on. I certainly didn't do it in one try (it took me 3), but I beat in the span of an afternoon, which is a far cry from what I've heard it taking others. Tbh, I reset more on Chapter 14 & 18 than 10... I'm weird at FE. Currently on Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride and looking forward to all the fun..

As for the kids, Kana is probably not worth fielding unless you absolutely need another slot filled, as he'll be inferior to Corrin even with a great dad. If Dwyer inherits Nobility, he could feasibly grind through his first Tier and promote pretty quick. He probably won't take Elise's place (because of dat Aura), but he's nice backup at least.

Edited by Avalanche

If you can get inspiration on them early on with Jakob there could be merit to it. Staff users don't really need good stats anyway, they could make great free support units.

UPDATE:

couple comments:

don't bother with kana or dwyer, they're not worth one of the 16 slots. dwyer's paralogue is much easier than it looks, especially on CQ as they don't have conquest AI.

felicia x leo is very good, and sniper mozu is just as good in hard mode as she is in normal,

good luck with rest of the run.

Edited by darkestdarkness

Yep, so it looks like Kana and Dwyer are absolute trash so they are getting the bench! *dun dun dun*

My F!Corrin is becoming very, very balanced for some weird reason. She has 30 HP, 16-17 stats in everything save Luck and Resistance which are 12 and 10 respectively. It's a little disconcerting, so I might use my final Dragon herb on her and another goddess icon. Mozu has been getting +3 stat ups for the past few levels which is very frustrating. Her strength is 13 at level 15, which is NOT good. She'll need to eat up strength tonics and energy drops from now on. Her skill is 20 with Skill +2, though. After finishing both Kana's and Dwyer's paralogues, Arthur and Effie FINALLY married so Percy's chapter is up next. This is great since I'm around 6500 gold right now and I need some more cash for heal staves. Effie is a super goddess, tanking Sniper and Swordmaster attacks like a boss, so I can't wait till she promotes and gets Wary Fighter. I'm thrilled that I paired Arthur up with her. Arthur is now at level 10, so once I get a spare master seal he'll become a Berserker for better pair-up bonuses. I might not use Percy since I have Camilla already. Once Percy's chapter is over, I hope Odin and Elise finally marry so I can go straight to Ophelia's chapter and get all the nice tomes there.

Jakob is still at level 8, but I'll try heal abuse more often and get him up to level 15 for Inspiration. He'll become a Great Knight once he hits level 15 so Corrin's offenses and defenses can go shooting through the roof.

The Hard Mode chapters have not given me any problems, so far. *knocks on wood*

EDIT:

Scratch that, I forgot to mention that I almost had to reset Kana's paralogue since I accidentally placed a weakened Silas in range of an Onmyoji due to a miss-click (or miss-press, I don't know, but I pressed the wrong button by accident), but, fortunately, he dodged a 65% hit. I dodged a damn bullet.

Also, Kana scored 2 Dragon Fang procs and OHKO'd TWO Onmyojis, so that made his chapter much easier. Strangely, Dwyer's paralogue was easier than Kana's.

Tonics are a godsend.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

So 4 children paralogues are completed, and my units are relatively high leveled (around lv 16-17 across the board save Camilla and Ophelia). When should I start promoting units? I want to wait till level 20. As for Corrin, I plan to make her a Paladin once she is a Lv 2 Nohr Noble so she can get Elbow Room, Shelter and Defender. Defender + Elbow Room + Levin Sword will be great when Corrin and Great Knight!Jakob pair up.

Silas and Selena are at A support where Niles and Camilla refuse to go past B. Hopefully I can get Selena and Silas up to S soon so I can bench Selena for good. Is Silas worth keeping around? He's not too shabby. Should I just forget him as soon as I get Marx? Also, how does Leo fair in Conquest!Hard? I'll have Elise, Odin and Ophelia as my magic users, so will he be redundant?

I'm about to start Hard Mode!Chapter 11. It looks piss easy when compared to the bullets I dodged in Kana's paralogue.

Can't wait to recruit Kaze so I can pair him with Azura and get 2 more child paralogues for extra EXP.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

So 4 children paralogues are completed, and my units are relatively high leveled (around lv 16-17 across the board save Camilla and Ophelia). When should I start promoting units? I want to wait till level 20. As for Corrin, I plan to make her a Paladin once she is a Lv 2 Nohr Noble so she can get Elbow Room, Shelter and Defender. Defender + Elbow Room + Levin Sword will be great when Corrin and Great Knight!Jakob pair up.

Silas and Selena are at A support where Niles and Camilla refuse to go past B. Hopefully I can get Selena and Silas up to S soon so I can bench Selena for good. Is Silas worth keeping around? He's not too shabby. Should I just forget him as soon as I get Marx? Also, how does Leo fair in Conquest!Hard? I'll have Elise, Odin and Ophelia as my magic users, so will he be redundant?

I'm about to start Hard Mode!Chapter 11. It looks piss easy when compared to the bullets I dodged in Kana's paralogue.

Can't wait to recruit Kaze so I can pair him with Azura and get 2 more child paralogues for extra EXP.

Silas is a good tank, if you're lucky with RNG, and VoF is good ability to make him tankier.

If he is getting RNG screwed, Sophie is pretty good too. But if Silas is doing well, it's a good idea to keep him. Xander's only real advantage over Silas is Siegfried.

Leo in Conquest!Hard does well, but he needs speed.

Felicia pair-up does give him a good speed bonus.

Edited by Water Mage