Rate my Conquest pairings

arkel

I'm starting a Conquest run on Hard/Classic and need some help with pairings. I'm not optimizing for PVP, I just want kids whose growths/classes are good enough to be great units for the campaign. Here's what I have so far:

F!Corrin (+Mag, -Luck, Dark Mage talent) x Felicia!Forrest

Laslow x Azura

Jakob x Selena

Silas x Peri

Kaze x Mozu

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Elise

Niles x Nyx

Edited by arkel

Seems alright for the most part, except that silas is getting screwed here. If you don't plan on using him much or grinding skills for the logbook post-game then this is fine, but I thought I should point it out. Also, I question going dark mage talent. you can reclass into it after hitting A rank with odin/leo/nyx IIRC, so you'd be far better off taking a hoshido caster instead. Diviner is the obvious choice, but priest and oni savage can work really well, especially if you snag shadowgift from the witch class and slap it on the Oni Chieftan. Very effective nos-tank.

Felicia is a much better mom for Forrest. I'd give Nyx to Niles, and then let Nina have a Shining Bow. Dwyer's stats are actually leaning more towards the physical side, so he should be fine with Peri as a mother (also Per and Jakob deserve each other).

Just wrote this out for a friend today. Don't know if this will help you at all, but I thought I might share in case it does.

[spoiler=Pairing Info]Beruka!Percy

So Arthur and Beruka have the same classes. What does that leave Percy inheriting from Beruka? SKY KNIGHT. That's right, he gets access to both flying lines. Flying Bows, Lances, Staves, Tomes; Axes? Pick your favorite, and have fun. Even better, this kid has +6 SKL, so slapping Aether on him (DLC...) or pairing him with someone who has a class with interesting skills (not happening in my run) leads to solid proc' rates.

Percy!Kana

Alright, let me begin by saying this: in Revelations, my Charlotte!Velouria!Kana, just by using Hoshidan Trust/Quixotic/Aether, had good enough proc' rates to carry herself through fights, even at low HP thanks to Vantage, through self-healing to full. Honestly, I probably didn't even need Corrin's help with the final boss. She was that good.

I just want to take proc' fishing to 11 with a +10 SKL stat and Master Ninja inheritance from her mother (Corrin). Every fight is going to be a light show.

Nyx!Nina

Did you know Nyx and Niles share the same class? Huh... didn't that happen with Beruka!Percy. Sure did. This time, we get Diviner. Nevermind the fact that this means Nina can get Quixotic/Breaking Sky/Tomefaire/Magic +2 by switching in to the Diviner line for skills... that's a ton of damage right there.

Yay.

Azura!Dwyer

Why? I thought you liked giving him Charlotte/Effie!?! I do, but Dwyer has staff ranks, and Xander wants his Charlotte backpack, so Falcon Knight Dwyer as a staffbot it is... not that +3 STR/4 SKL/4 SPD are bad mods either.

Jakob!Shigure

Gets Wyvern Rider? I have no idea why, but he does. Probably never going to use it, but it is there. Neat? Rally Bot Falcon Knight is still his best job, of course.

Selena!Sophie

She really didn't need Sky Knight, but she ends up with no negative mods, good mods for a mixed attacker, and more fliers is never a bad thing. Solid

Mozu!Midori

Non-negative Luck mod. Enough said.

Charlotte!Seigbert

+6 STR kid that also makes a great backpack. Probably best used as a unit that doesn't have a dedicated lead so that he and his partner (wife?) can both make use of their insane damage as needed. Best used as an axe unit and has Great Knight/Wyvern Lord/Malig Knight/Berserker/Hero to choose from. Beautiful.

Felicia!Forrest

Nyx was taken by Niles, so Forrest gets his more balanced pairing. Great mods, though the only thing Mercenary gives him is Sol/Strong Riposte. Makes him a good counterattacker, but then he'll be trying to compete with his dad in Dark Knight. Worse still, you have to wait to Child Seal if you want to start with Tome Ranks before switching to Dark Knight, which totally wastes your Staff levels.

Still, he's a solid Mage tank due to his +4 RES, and with Dark Knight could be a solid EP (enemy phase) unit.

Peri!Ignatius

Lets give one of the tankiest units in the game access to Paladin. That sounds like fun to me. Problem is, he gets Axefaire, and Paladins don't use Axes. Perhaps he should go Vanguard? Not really sure. Still a solid tank regardless.

Effie!Velouria

+7 STR Mod. Moving on.

Elise!Ophelia

+5 Mag and Strategist on what some argue is the best unit in the game? Okay.

Camilla!Soleil

Giving one of the few Ninjas in Conquest solid growths and access to flight is pretty solid. Probably just going to be a Ninja (despite the poor Weapon Ranks), and Trample/STR +2 for more damage. Oh, and you get Lunge. Remember the Before Awakening map? Yeah, you get to be THAT GUY.

Edited by Butterfly Pink

Okay, so I'll go Felicia!Forrest, Nyx!Nina, Peri!Sophie, and Selena!Dwyer. Is that a little better?

That sounds good to me.