How many units are recommended for this game?

So I'm playing FE12 for the first time and when I was deciding my team, I ended up with 15 units

I know this game has low deployment slots so I was wondering if 15 is too many

There are two units I'm willing to drop but I want to know if I have to.

Rotate out units depending on what the Chapter is. The 4 units you have to have alive for full recruitment are Merric, Minerva, Julian, and Sirius. Also, don't be afraid to reclass your unit if you need them in a role more fitting than what you initially chose.

I'm pretty sure 15 is the amount most chapters use, and I don't think any exceed it, so it's probably best to have 15 permanent units you use to endgame, letting a few sit out whenever there isn't room to field them in a given chapter.

Edited by Matthewtheman

It's always 9~12 (less for the Gaiden chapters) + as many units as you recruit during the map, the highest number of units you can have at once is 16 in Final (12 deployment slots + 4 priestesses). There is no hardcoded cap to how many blue units are on the map (well, probably 50, because that's the maximum enemy number, but that doesn't matter)

Edited by Gradivus.

It's always 9~12 (less for the Gaiden chapters) + as many units as you recruit during the map, the highest number of units you can have at once is 16 in Final (12 deployment slots + 4 priestesses). There is no hardcoded cap to how many blue units are on the map (well, probably 50, because that's the maximum enemy number, but that doesn't matter)

Huh. It was 15 in FE3, which is probably why I'm getting mixed up, as I've been playing FE3 lately. It's a shame how low the number of allowed units in a given chapter is in this game given how many units it throws at you.