Lord Tier List

i was bored so i made a lord tier list based off usefulness. from fe 4-13.

Sigurd/Celice

High

Ike fe10

Leif

Upper Middle

Ephraim

Marth fe12

Average

Chrom

Ike fe9

Hector

Lower Middle

Eirika

Micaiah

Lyn

Low

Roy

Eliwood

Useless

Marth fe11

edit: eirika and ephraim ranked on their routes and i moved eirika above micaiah. moved lyn to lower middle tier (not that it matters)

-moved ephraim one up

assuming the hardest modes of each game besides fe13 lunatic, rating that on hard because it's hard to use just about anyone other than avatar and morgan. also not assuming fe 12 marth visiting houses because not visiting houses would make the game too hard lol.

sigurd/celice is on the top because they pretty much solo the game effortlessly. ike fe10 is good from the get go, has earth support and ragnell not too long later. he never gets bad and he's good too the end. leif is ranked high because he's essential to the manster chapters, some of the hardest in the game bc no warp and no jeigan. he supports asvel, nanna, and fin, 3 top notch characters, this is extremely useful in chapters with ballista, especially chapter 14. parn and fergus are the only two other sword units actually worth using so leif can easily use good swords like the magic swords and master sword using tina's thief. combat is redundant in this game so he's actually a good candidate for scrolls and his combat never gets bad.

marth fe12 has really good growths and since lunatic is difficult you can't afford to use that many units and so his usefulness is up there. for a while your only other sword units are luke and maybe sirius reclassed as a swordmaster so marth is a decent candidate for the devil sword/wyrmslayer/master sword. rainbow potion helps too. ephraim is good from the get go and gets a horse on promotion also and even if you rely mostly on seth before going to his route, it's pretty difficult to solo some of ephraim's chapters with thus ephraim's usefulness increases.

admittedly it's been a while since i've played fe13 but im pretty sure i remember pair up is broken and you can use the second seal on him to make him cavalier and thus more move and since hard mode isnt even that bad he probably orkos most enemies pretty quickly. ike fe9 is not bad at all but it actually takes a while for him to orko enemies and he's in a game where mounts dominate and his combat is nothing special compared to marcia, jill, kieran, titania for a good portion of the game. it isn't until the last two chapters where wrath/resolve/ike with ragnell is broken. hector is the epitome of average because he's one of your more durable units in the beginning and does a lot of damage with one hit but almost never doubles. he's pretty reliable for a while but then sain, kent, and marcus dominate and his 5 move hurts him and late promotion is terrible. also it's pretty hard to get him to level 20 before he promotes unless you're turtling.

eirika is not bad either but being sword locked is bad and having okay durability at best does not let her be too useful overall. micaiah is pretty useful in part one because thani and even then she can chip with light magic without getting hit. and then she promotes and makes a decent healer in part 3, amongst the harder chapters in the game, but after that she's not that great. even if lyn gets rng blessed in lyn mode, no matter what she becomes frail in hhm and she's also in a game where 1-2 range dominates. you have limited deployment spots and training her does not really benefit you in the long run. also her promotion isn't anything special and i found not using her made the game easier. she's not terrible but not as useful compared to the lords above her.

roy has bad bases and bad growths. at least he can use the rapier to jab at cavaliers early in the game and use the sword of seals to chip at mamkutes. eliwood is worse because he's not forced and there are better units to deploy than him and training him is a pain because he never becomes anything special. he's not durable, not fast, and not strong and durandal is terrible.

marth fe11 does not give anything special and training him is a waste when warp exists

Edited by BerserkStaff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bc lyn is realy frail on hhm and one range is bad in a game where javelins and hand axes are pretty dominant and you have limited deployment spots. also experience gain is low. roy is pretty bad but since he's forced, he can take a jab at cavaliers early with rapier which is 3x effective. and even if he's totally untrained he can chip at mamkutes with the binding blade for a decent amount of damage. but roy is still slightly worse and this is overall contribution

Hmm, I believe for this tier system to work, you must clarify why you put every character in their supposed tier. If you don't OP, we are just going to question why you put them in those positions if we think otherwise.

I'd say Chrom, Eirika, and Roy should be lower. PoR Ike, Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood should be higher.

I'd say FE12 Marth should be lower as well, but I've only played FE12 once. Checking his average stats, they're okay, but by no means top tier. I've only played FE6-14, so I'll omit the others.

How I'd place them...

High

Ike fe10

Upper Middle

Ike fe9

Hector

Ephraim (SS being so easy makes him seem better than he would be in a harder game.)

Average

Marth fe12

Eliwood

Lyn

Eirika (Apart from easily being Strength screwed, her average stats and caps are actually pretty good.)

Lower Middle

Micaiah (I love her, but she's outshined by the numerous OP units in RD and the way the controlled army bounces around really hurts her XP flow after part 1)

Chrom (He's the weakest member of my team due to lack of the best skills and you're forced to use him.)

Low-Useless

Roy

Marth fe11

Edited by Rezzy

Marth is shit tier in FE11? Lyn and Eirika are far less useful imo *war flashback to base def Lyn and base Str Eirika*

He's talking about on the hardest difficulties. Marth is perfectly fine on Normal, but I've heard he's utter garbage on H5. I wouldn't know myself, because I've never played SD on anything but Normal.

Lyn has LHM for tons of free EXP, why on earth is she so low? She also has Mani Katti with its handsome stats and free repair after LHM (and not counting to funds rank), and is in a game where dodgetank works very well. After promoting, she can flyer-kill with bows.

Eliwood is also being underrated here. He gets a nice pony and lances after he promotes, and has decent all-around stats. He's not top tier or anything, but I don't think he's that bad.

I'd put FE9 Ike higher too, and Roy lower (he's pretty useless outside of axe heavy segments and killing Idoun). FE9 Ike has a very good promotion time, a great affinity in Earth, and can generally hold his own better than most lords. The only real weaknesses he has is swordlock and some time for getting off the ground imo.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Normal Mode FE11 Marth is just FE1 Marth all over again, completely overpowered

Seems ok outside Chrom IMO. The way Chrom works in his game(read: Awakening and its SILLY snowballing capability) Chrom is actually almost as broken as Celice. I think Chrom at high would be more accurate

Hell in Hard Mode, Chrom is more broken than fucking Sigurd because Awakening HM is a fucking joke. Sigurd can have problem in like mid-late game. Chrom is 20HKO in the early game, then he super snowballed the rest of the game

Edited by JSND

Not sure Celice and Sigurd should be in the same tier. Celice doesn't have a horse until you feed him 20 levels and in Holy War that makes a massive difference.

Not sure Celice and Sigurd should be in the same tier. Celice doesn't have a horse until you feed him 20 levels and in Holy War that makes a massive difference.

Seliph has much better stats tho, so that makes up for it.

Sigurd can have problem in like mid-late game.

I'd say that getting himself and his army killed is a pretty big problem.

Interesting that you say usefulness rather than combat ability. In my mind, Marth gets a huge boost to usefulness since he's the only one (in his games) who can visit villages. And, lords who aren't Chrom, Corrin, or Lucina are needed to seize. I'll put these aside for a moment, and rate them based on my own experience, in the highest difficulty I've used them in.

ASHERA-LY

Corrin - I know you didn't include our draconic friend, but I figured "why not?". Potential access to any class, a personal weapon that just keeps getting better, good (and somewhat customizable stats), the existence of other characters whose personal skill's sole purpose is to buff our hero, and the ability to support anyone make Corrin an incredible character in all three routes. (Max Difficulty - Normal, all 3 routes)

SUPERB

Sigurd - Unique, in that he starts as a promoted lord from the first chapter of the game (admittedly, in a game that treats promotion very differently than most). Horses are very powerful in Jugdral, and in a game where the mere ability to double-attack is a luxury, he performs swimmingly. He can wield swords (seriously, whose brilliant idea was it to introduce Silver Weapons in the prologue chapter?) in a game where axe-wielders abound, and while he gets his personal weapon very late, he generally doesn't need it to be an overall BAMF. (Max Difficulty - Normal)

Buff Ike - Our beloved Crimean mercenary's anchor arms aren't just for show - they pack a serious wallop. He starts with a kickass personal weapon, and it doesn't take too long for the Littlest Empress to give him a 1-2 range sword with incredible might and infinite uses... oh, and he gets Axes upon promotion so that's cool too. Stat-wise, he has amazing Strength and Skill with solid physical bulk this time around. His only questionable stats are Speed, Resistance, and Luck, but only the first of the three matters that much, and unless he's RNG-screwed, he'll be a monster on the field. (Max Difficulty - Hard)

GREAT

Ephraim - Reginleif rocks, Renais's holy lance rocks, his base stats rock, his growths rock, he has great support options, and overall he shows the world that you don't need to be riding something, or wearing heavy armor, to be a lance-wielding badass. What doesn't rock? Well, he's locked to lances, his promotion seems to be missing 1 point of movement, and his caps (guh 24 speed) hinder him. Overall, though, the stronger of the two Lords of Magvel, and IMO the roughest toughest GBA Lord. (Max Difficulty - Ephraim Hard)

Lucina - Also not on the original list, but she's a Lord too, dangit. Anyway, Lucina only becomes playable halfway through the game, but once she does, she's pretty awesome. She comes with the amazing Parallel Falchion (which puts her father's dull sword to shame), instant Aether, and the ability to become a cavalier, or some other classes. Her performance does depend a bit on who her mother is - I think Female Robin makes the best mother, but as long as you didn't stick Chrom with the random village maiden, she'll be good. A bit weak to start out, admittedly, but with some training she's one of the best units in Awakening.

GOOD

Seliph - He inherits his father's swag (a bit charred, admittedly), and some rad holy blood, so why isn't he at his father's level? For starters, he doesn't start out promoted, meaning lower stats, no lances, and no horse. And just when you think Gen II won't be as horse-heavy, Oifey, Lester, and Delmud show up to remind you that this is the Pony War. Relatedly, Seliph is competing for usefulness against Gen II units, such as Shanan (Balmung from the start), Ares (Misstletainn from the start), the heir of Holsety, and the sword wonder twins, to name a few. If you pass rings and many-crit weapons from Sigurd onto him, he'll be great... but the same is true of almost any child character who inherits a lot of boosters. Overall, Seliph is good, and has the potential to be great, but he doesn't stand head-and-shoulders above his peers the way his father did. (Highest Difficulty - Normal)

Hector - He's a rude dude with an axe to grind and awesome strength and physical bulk, so what's the catch? Unfortunately, he has issues with speed and luck, making him unlikely to double and occasionally at-risk-of-crits. His iffy skill also isn't good for a fellow who relies on the least accurate weapon type. And while swords are a welcome gain upon promotion (which comes fairly late, at least in his own story), the curse of armor is not. Why isn't Hector lower? Great support options, generally good stats, awesome bulk for a lord unit, respectable personal weapons, and sheer killing ability make Hector a good lord. (Highest Difficulty - Hector's Story, Hard)

Chrom - Unlike our resident tactician, he's not allowed to talk to just anyone in the army. Falchion is weak, but sturdy (just wait 'til it gets Exalted), while Rapier and Noble Rapier can punish the right enemies. Has access to the Cavalier class and Archer class lines, if you want to change things up (IMO the former is much more useful). Good growths in everything but magic and res, too. A good unit from the start to finish, but not exceptional until the very end. (HD - Hard Mode)

Scrawny Ike - He's not the sheer awesomeness of his older self, but at least he doesn't have to worry about speed issues. He gets the decently-useful Regal Sword (weirdly named, for our first ignoble lord), and while Ragnell comes rather late, he rocks it. Stat-wise, he's not quite as bulky or hard-hitting as his older self, and he's sword-locked, but he does have higher speed. And a rather diverse support pool. (HD - Normal)

AVERAGE

Older Marth - He starts a few levels up, with great stats, so why am I ranking him so low? He has no promotion, and he's unable to reclass, as almost everyone else can. His comrades are pretty strong this time around, but none more so than My Unit. The story may say this hero lived in Marth's shadow, but in terms of gameplay, it is the other way around. Nonetheless, he has great bases and growths, and exclusive Rapier access. He's by no means a bad unit, but he's just somewhat limited by his Lord-ness. (HD - Normal)

Lyn - Let's get it out of the way - Lyn is frail. Her HP means she can take a hit, but her low low defensive stats mean it'll take a chunk out. The good news? Stellar speed means she isn't hit all that often. She also has high skill to crit all day erry day, especially with her amazing personal weapon, the Mani Katti. She also has wise support options, and the ability to use bows upon promotion (which isn't story-dependent). These are all great things, but her iffy strength and frailty leave her average in my book. (HD - Hector's Story, Hard)

Eliwood - He seems to be something of a hit-or-miss character for me. Sometimes he's speed-blessed, other times he has weirdly-high Res, other times he all-around sucks. He wields a Rapier, and he gets Durandal, which is too heavy for him why is he wielding this. Yabba dabba good support options. His promotion is also missing a point of movement, but getting lances is pretty cool. Honestly, from his stats to his weapons to his story role, everything about Eliwood just screams "average". That's not a bad thing - it just is. (HD - Hector's Story, Hard)

Younger Marth - Now, why in the world would I be listing Young Marth on the same level as his older and wiser compatriot? It's a matter of competition. Shadow Dragon is a game of a few good units, and vast seas of scrubbiness. Marth's stats aren't exceptional, he can't reclass or promote or use things that aren't swords. But he's still better than most of the units you get in the game, and he has Rapiers. He's not great, by any means, just average. (HD - Level 3 Hard Mode)

Eirika - Eirika is kind of like Lyn, in terms of stats. She has high speed and skill, and is helped by the Rapier and Sieglinde. Unfortunately, she stays locked to swords upon promotion, and while she gets a horse, it's still missing that point-of-movement. She has diverse supports, no question, but she also co-exists with mounted monsters like Seth and sword fiends like Joshua. To be honest, I was going to relegate her to "Inferior", but upon reflection found no real justification to put her below Average, so... Average I will call her. (HD - Ephraim Hard)

INFERIOR

Micaiah - This is hard, because Micaiah is just such an unconventional Lord character. I really like that she's a mage lord, and no one can deny her great magic, resistance, and luck. But... that's about it. She's physically frail, has trouble carrying heavy tomes, and liable to get screwed on speed. Thani is one of her bright points (pun very much intended), and she can make a good healer later on. She's not bad, she has a definite place of usefulness in your army... but frail and slow is just too awful a mixture to even call her average, in my book. (HD - Hard Mode)

Roy - The one you were waiting for. The positives - best weapon in the game, a super-wide support library, and... he's our boy? His stats aren't that bad, but what really hinders Roy is an insidiously-late promotion. He'll be okay at the start and possibly good going into midgame, but he hits a wall that he can't break until a few short chapters before endgame. And that's never a good thing. (HD - Normal Mode)

DREGS

I was going to put Roy here, but honestly I think he has enough things going for him that I couldn't, in good conscience, call him a "Dreg". Inferior, yes, A dreg, no.

UNRANKED

Leif - I haven't played his game, and I'm sure you don't want me ranking him on how he does in Seliph's Story (requires babying before promotion, but after that, one of the best characters in the game).

If I ranked Lucina, I'd seriously put her in God tier, depending on her mother.

If she's birthed by FemRobin, she has access to just about every skill, including the end-all Gale Force as well as Aether and just about anything else you could conceive of passing down. She really outshines her dad, unless he marries Sully or the village maiden.

Any build you can think of? Lucina can do it. Proc stacking? Done. Nosferatu tanking? Done. Rally Bot? Done.

Edited by Rezzy

If I ranked Lucina, I'd seriously put her in God tier, depending on her mother.

If she's birthed by FemRobin, she has access to just about every skill, including the end-all Gale Force as well as Aether and just about anything else you could conceive of passing down. She really outshines her dad, unless he marries Sully or the village maiden.

Any build you can think of? Lucina can do it. Proc stacking? Done. Nosferatu tanking? Done. Rally Bot? Done.

I think it really depends on how you look at using Lucina. Are you "long-playing" the game, grinding on monsters aplenty to build the best possible team of Limit Breaking Galeforcers? In that case, there's no question that Lucina has amazing potential. And I'd agree that FemRobin makes the best mother, because two Morgans are better than one. Especially when one wields Falchion.

But! I looked at this question more from the "main game" perspective, where grinding is minimal and I'm not leveling units ad infinitum. In which case, Lucina is held down from godly-levels by her low base stats (at least, for her joining time). Interestingly enough, I actually really like Sully as Chrom's wife, because she provides access to Swordmaster Lucina, and personally I don't play with Galeforce (although perhaps I'd really want it on Lunatic mode, I'll admit).

FE9 Ike >>>>> FE10 Ike

FE9 Ike has no real weaknesses while FE10 Ike is slow and a crit by thundersage can kill him.

FE11 Marth isn't great but not bad either.

Same goes for Lyn.

Celice is only great with a horse and Tyrfing.

Leaf has an awkward beginning but he can become awesome with scrolls and the fact that he gets more experience after his promotion.

Awesome

Sigurd

Very good

FE9 Ike

Good

Celice (meh without Tyrfing but amazing with Horse + Tyrfing)

Ephraim

Leaf

Decent

FE12 Marth

Hector

FE10 Ike

Average

Chrom

FE11 Marth

Eirika

Lyn

Bad

Eliwood

Micaiah

Trash

Roy

Not ranked: all the avatars

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Decent

FE12 Marth

Robin

Hector

FE10 Ike

Really curious here - why do you consider Robin only decent? I didn't rank him/her on my own list (I consider the avatactician and lord role to be separate ones, admittedly with Corrin blurring the two), but if I did, s/he would be under "Great" for having semi-custom stats, the ability to support literally anyone, a good exclusive class, and easy reclassing to (almost) anything else. In my opinion, Robin's only flaws are starting out not especially strong and lacking a personal weapon. I respect your right to rank Robin this way, I'm just curious about your rationale, if you have the chance.

FE9 Ike >>>>> FE10 Ike

FE9 Ike has no real weaknesses while FE10 Ike is slow and a crit by thundersage can kill him.

Celice is only great with a horse and Tyrfing.

Good

Celice (meh without Tyrfing, but amazing with Tyrfing)

I partially agree with FE10 Ike, because even though his res is a problem, I personally think getting crit by a thunder sage is more of a situational problem than anything.

And I gotta disagree with Celice here, he's great even without Tyrfing, because of the Silver Sword or the Hero Sword, should you choose to keep it for him, Tyrfing just makes a good unit better. His only real downside is not starting on a horse, but that can be circumvented quickly by Elite Ring and feeding him Chapter 6 which is basically axe land redux