Need help for Conquest Hard

Hey guys. I need some advice on how to beat Chapter 10 in Hard Conquest. I'm having a lot of trouble getting past the first few turns. Moreover, it's getting really frustrating as just one missclick can cost the entire run. Not to mention the stupid 91-92% misses my units are getting. Is there anything I can do or I need to just pay a lot of attention.

Last, is Ch. 10 the hardest in Conquest? I hope so, but I have a feeling that I'll be really satisfied when I clear it. It's not nearly as boring as, say, Arcadia from FE6. I can provide additional details if needed (I already watched Mangs' guide to Chapter 10 and it's made my life a little bit easier, but I still have some problems)

Some hints I can give you:

-Give Camilla an Iron Axe

-Check the skills on the Sky Knights - some of them have Darting Blow, which allows them to double a unit that's as fast or slower than them on offense.

-Whack Seal Defence Spear Fighters with extreme prejudice

-Beware of Lunge (Lunge is a skill that allows the attacker to swap positions with their target after attacking, which can force a unit out of formation and into a vulnerable spot)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Is sending Odin alone to the west a good idea? I mean, He only has to fight a couple Oni Savage at about 2 HP (Nyx weakened them with the Fire Orb), but still... He's alone because all of my other units are busy doing something. What about sending Selena to help him choke as soon as she arrives?

Is sending Odin alone to the west a good idea? I mean, He only has to fight a couple Oni Savage at about 2 HP (Nyx weakened them with the Fire Orb), but still... He's alone because all of my other units are busy doing something. What about sending Selena to help him choke as soon as she arrives?

I doubt it - they'll break through, for one, and second, come turn 7, the water drains.

I wouldn't say Chapter 10 is the hardest. There's a lot more chapters to be frustrated about honestly. Like Chapter 17, 19, 20, and 25.

Make sure you use tonics to boost up your stats. And always always have pair up on except for a few units like Niles, Odin, Nyx, Elise and Azura. I always keep Elise and Azura in the middle. Niles at the front for the arrows, Nyx on the Orb and Odin with Nosferatu on the bridge. Effie with Javelin will save your life. Just keep her at the Ninjas and Lance Fighters with Elise around to heal.

Once the water disperses, you have to have Camilla manuever around west and east to block the enemies going in the west and defeat the Pegasus Knights. Also have Niles handy to take them out as well. Beruka is also helpful as well to defeat the Pegasus Knights.
Edited by Aera

When all else fails...

rvwBVv2.jpg

Dread Mozu.

Give Mozu a Dread Scroll in her paralogue, give her the raider's knife, and feed her as many kills over the paralogue and chapter 8 as you can. She will become your go-to panic button for tanking and countering dangerous formations, and she's extremely useful in chapter 10 (especially with an Arthur pairup) for racing ahead and clearing out enemies before they reach you to lighten the load.

I made Mozu an archer to help deal with more flying threats. She made a fantastic sniper for me in my Nohr!Normal mode way back in March, BTW. I'll see how archer Mozu does in chapter 10 Nohr!Hard mode once I reach there.

Edited by Leif

Odin is able to reliably nostank the left side initially, but when the water is removed I would advise to have someone support him. Effie should be able to handle the lance fighters and ninjas. Selena paired up with Silas can take on the right hand side archers with no problem, honestly this side is the least threatening. If you are using archer Mozu put her on the right side ballista.

I know some people like to take care the defensive route when approaching this chapter,but I prefer being slightly more aggressive. It will help in the long run.

I second the aggressive play. After failing a several times on my first play through on hard while trying to turtle, I tried the more aggressive route and pushed out. It made things so much easier somehow. This was with mozu benched. Just make sure to use Camilla liberally, she can clear out some thugs with a good pairup if you send her out a bit.

Edited by Varidan

Sending Odin to the left alone isn't a bad idea if you ask me, though any magic user is also going to be really helpful in the center toward the right against the wave of Oni there, too. If you do send him left, then once that large group of Oni appear around when the water drains is when you're gonna want to get him out of there or he'll get destroyed.

Generally, you're going to want to send as few people to the sides as you can get away with in the beginning, as the middle gets swarmed very quickly by a lot of enemies with awful skills (Seal Defense) or abilities (shuriken debuffs). Give Camilla an Iron Axe as soon as you can; it helps her accuracy and ability to follow-up. Personally, I always use Camilla to keep those pesky Sky Knights in check and take out Oboro so I can get to the house. I also wouldn't recommend pairing up too many units. I feel like this map is made to punish you for doing that, as you get overwhelmed easily without enough time to separate anyone.

If you have any Raider weapons or a Disrobing Gale (you can find them randomly in My Castle or get them with a modest amount of Visit/Battle points), keep them handy as that +3 "speed" can be an absolute godsend. Niles has kind of shaky accuracy, so grabbing a bronze bow for him will help if you fall into a situation where you just need one or two decent hits. Don't be afraid to just back off at times to regroup toward the end, and buy tonics if you need to. Good luck!