FE6xna

Chocolate Kitty

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Skitty wants to go with the transliteration versions of their original Japanese names. Nothing wrong with that, although I have to admit I prefer their commonly accepted names as well.

Anyways, the screens are looking sexy as hell. Looking forward to trying out a demo for this. :)

Gendarme (noun) - an armed police officer in France and other French-speaking countries.

Strange name choices, I see... It doesn't matter, though...

Looking forward to it, since FE6 has some of my favorite maps.

Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

May I ask as to why Rutger has WTA against a bow? Were bows, and bow-locked classes not bad enough!?

Don't swords have WTA over bows in FE14? It's probably something to do with that.

Also FE6 bows were boss due to the abundance of flyer enemies.

It's either Fates triangle or WTA at 2-range and WTD at 1-range

been a thing long before fe13

also fuck fates

anyway

no pictures this time, a discussion topic: route exclusive characters

now fe6 is fairly notorious for it's two route splits: the first being the western isles that is determined by a village visit, the other being Sacae vs Ilia based on whether the pegasus knights or the nomads are higher level. With route splits comes route exclusive characters. While fe6 does have 3(Echidna/Lalum vs Bartre/Elphin and Dayan vs Yuno), I feel like it could be increased even more. FE6 has a very large cast, much of that cast will never even end up seeing battle and sometimes their joining is redundant to the player.

In this case, I'm proposing to have Geese and Gonzales join the exclusive route group; Geese following the A route with Echidna and Lalum on the western isles, which Gonzales on the B route with Bartre and Elphin.

Any other suggestions are welcome, as well as reasons why you like or dislike this idea.

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

I like the Gonzo and Geese split idea, but I suggest a role reversal, considering in Douglas and Geese's supports they mentioned getting Elphin to the Isles in the first place, so I think it'd make more sense if Geese was on the Elphin route. (Also it'd mean the 3 I like more are all on the B route :P:)

But i'm just saying this as someone who knows way too much about FE6.

Edited by Jedi

I like the Gonzo and Geese split idea, but I suggest a role reversal, considering in Douglas and Geese's supports they mentioned getting Elphin to the Isles in the first place, so I think it'd make more sense if Geese was on the Elphin route. (Also it'd mean the 3 I like more are all on the B route :P:)

But i'm just saying this as someone who knows way too much about FE6.

Tbh both of them should be B route, A route leads to nothing. Geese helped Elphin escape Etruria and Scouran was essentially Gonzales' boss. I had to pick one to go with.

I kind of want to kick Bartre too but meh I can't think of a valid reason outside of "get out".

A route vs B route:

Geese vs Gonzales

Echidna vs Bartre

Lalum vs Elphin

Ilia vs Sacae:

New PC vs other new PC

Niime vs Joder

Juno vs Dayan

Tbh both of them should be B route, A route leads to nothing. Geese helped Elphin escape Etruria and Scouran was essentially Gonzales' boss. I had to pick one to go with.

I kind of want to kick Bartre too but meh I can't think of a valid reason outside of "get out".

A route vs B route:

Geese vs Gonzales

Echidna vs Bartre

Lalum vs Elphin

Ilia vs Sacae:

New PC vs other new PC

Niime vs Joder

Juno vs Dayan

Yeah I understand, the divide is to help, I also like Bartre in 6 so I'd be sad if you cut him, but at the same time I can understand needing some cuts with such a big cast. However I like his connection to Fir and Karel, this is why I probably couldn't do something like this properly, I like aspects of this game too much even if they are minor ^^;

New PC's? Interesting. What classes would they be?

Edited by Jedi

I have no issues with the Niime/Joder split, given that having both is purely redundant minus Joder bringing you two Legendary Weapons, but that role can be retconned to a story-exclusive one (a la Gotoh in FE3/12). They both have too much plot relevance overall to be scrapped, but I am liking the idea of splitting them. Alternatively, cut Joder from the playable cast and have him become a true FE3!Gotoh.

you'll find out when they join I suppose

I suppose I should reveal the cut cast as of now:

Garret and Karel have both been removed; Garret is redundant and really has no significance anywhere, Karel is a lategame 1 level... waste of time. They'll both be mentioned and all, but neither will be playable.

Joder was planned to be cut, but with making Niime Ilia exclusive, it only seemed right to bring him off the bench for Sacae.

you'll find out when they join I suppose

I suppose I should reveal the cut cast as of now:

Garret and Karel have both been removed; Garret is redundant and really has no significance anywhere, Karel is a lategame 1 level... waste of time. They'll both be mentioned and all, but neither will be playable.

Joder was planned to be cut, but with making Niime Ilia exclusive, it only seemed right to bring him off the bench for Sacae.

Fair enough. Garret is completely redundant when you have Gonzales and Geese already. Karel was also a waste of time bring back FE6 RR!Karel and is better suited as a legend, if anything. If you want to use him that bad, have him be an NPC in the Brunya chapter that gives you a cool item, or something.

I'm glad Niime is the Ilia choice, I always felt her appearance in Sacae was a quick "let's get the plot moving in Sacae" shoehorn.

I am curious as to see what the new units' classes are, given that FE6 has such a huge playable cast as is and there really is no shortage of any class. If anything, there's an overabundance of a few.

Speaking of, is anyone being reclassed, or are there some new classes being added to balance? We really don't need 8 million Paladins like the original. Noah and Treck (and even Jerrot, by extension) could do with a different class.

Back when I was messing with a rebalance as a side project (never showed it to anyone lmao), I did a Tellius style cavalier split, but I don't know if that would actually work out in practice, it was just something I thought would be cool.

I could see Zealot (sorry much prefer that over Jerrot) being a Hero possibly, dno bout the other two.

Edited by Jedi

Makes sense to me, also may I ask, what are you going to do with thieves? I hope you plan on letting them promote haha.

Of course; Chad and Cath promote to Rogues while Astor will promote to Assassin.

The new cast members are all new classes/previously unplayable classes.

As for the cavalier/paladin parade, here's the breakdown:

Marcus - New class, can weild all weapons, reduced movement, different skills then his fellow cavaliers.

Lance/Alan - Promote to Paladin(Lance/Sword)

Jerrot - Champion(Lance/Axe)

Trent/Noah - Ranger(Axe/Bow for Trent, Sword/Bow for Noah) or Cataphract(Sword/Axe), haven't decided yet.

Percival - Cataphract if Noah and Trent go the Ranger path, Paladin if they take the Cataphract route

I was gonna suggest Niime (Ilia) / Hugh (Sacae) before I noticed all the discussion had past. While it would cost a familial support he was working for the Etrurian traitors in 16 and this would be a good excuse to bump him up to being worth 10k gold.

But that does beg the question: how are we going to get the other divine weapon?

Of course; Chad and Cath promote to Rogues while Astor will promote to Assassin.

Marcus - New class, can weild all weapons, reduced movement, different skills then his fellow cavaliers.

Trent/Noah - Ranger(Axe/Bow for Trent, Sword/Bow for Noah) or Cataphract(Sword/Axe), haven't decided yet.

Percival - Cataphract if Noah and Trent go the Ranger path, Paladin if they take the Cataphract route

I'm loving these alterations, I will test this for you whenever you need one! Sounds really neat.

I do love this split. I like the idea of Trent/Noah being Rangers better, but I think Percival still fits best as a Paladin. Three Paladins is a good FE standard, and in this case they're all spectacular units. if anything, make one of Trent/Noah a Ranger and make the other a Cataphract.

Back when I was messing with a rebalance as a side project (never showed it to anyone lmao), I did a Tellius style cavalier split, but I don't know if that would actually work out in practice, it was just something I thought would be cool.

I could see Zealot (sorry much prefer that over Jerrot) being a Hero possibly, dno bout the other two.

I'm not taking him off of his horse anytime soon, sorry. Also, the definition of Zealot is why I now agree with the sentiment that it was a poor fanslation to begin with.

On the topic of the cavaliers, they've been split since the get-go. Alan/Noah have swords, Lance has... Lances, and Trent has Axes.

I was gonna suggest Niime (Ilia) / Hugh (Sacae) before I noticed all the discussion had past. While it would cost a familial support he was working for the Etrurian traitors in 16 and this would be a good excuse to bump him up to being worth 10k gold.

But that does beg the question: how are we going to get the other divine weapon?

I wouldn't want to split the family apart. I'm not certain about his cost yet, but he is a different magical class(the only PC of it's kind) as well as should be somewhat more useful from the get go? (I personally didn't mind spending money on him because he turns out pretty good regardless and you have an abundance of gold in FE6 for the most part.)

I do love this split. I like the idea of Trent/Noah being Rangers better, but I think Percival still fits best as a Paladin. Three Paladins is a good FE standard, and in this case they're all spectacular units. if anything, make one of Trent/Noah a Ranger and make the other a Cataphract.

The only reason I'm on the fence is I'd rather not have 4+ PCs who are essentially the same class(sword/bow), as well as I don't want to have noah or Trent randomly be an exclusive class when they haven't really done anything to warrant that, as well as I feel like they should promote to the same class being they are another cavalier duo.