FE6xna

Chocolate Kitty

The "mastery skill" for advanced (top) tier units are only made available at lvl 5 now. All other skills are accesse with promotions (from t0 to t1 or t1 to t2). Is there a set level classes get skills (all at lvl 5 or something), or does it vary class to class?

Also, what's wrong with Marcus being a plain old Paladin. Having a few (maybe 5 instead of 7) seems reasonable to me. Just my opinion though. Thought it was weird you gave Allan the swords at first, since he's the strong Christmas cav, but I guess there are enough speedy swords available as is. And Rance using Lances is always fun.

Will this feature the full 7x class roster (other than lords and maybe raiders)? Also, are any changes to the text being made or is it just going to be the best sounding translation available? Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just excited.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "mastery skill" for advanced (top) tier units are only made available at lvl 5 now. All other skills are accesse with promotions (from t0 to t1 or t1 to t2). Is there a set level classes get skills (all at lvl 5 or something), or does it vary class to class?

Also, what's wrong with Marcus being a plain old Paladin. Having a few (maybe 5 instead of 7) seems reasonable to me. Just my opinion though. Thought it was weird you gave Allan the swords at first, since he's the strong Christmas cav, but I guess there are enough speedy swords available as is. And Rance using Lances is always fun.

Will this feature the full 7x class roster (other than lords and maybe raiders)? Also, are any changes to the text being made or is it just going to be the best sounding translation available? Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just excited.

Essentially levels 5, 10, and 15 are the levels you want to look to obtain a new skill(both promoted and unpromoted).

Marcus not being a paladin is because of sacrifice being a paladin skill that I don't wish to change but is too strong early on, as well as I felt he deserves his own class for being in every elibe game ever.

Oh and Alan got swords because A: R(L)ance can't not use lances and B: Swords are the most offensive-related weapon type. Lances are the best defensive type, axes are as offensive as swords but have ranged support, and bows are all range, never in the face of danger if they can help it.

Since geese is a pirate(not a corsair, which is the traditional gba pirate), and barth has already been revealed to be a phalanx, yes.

Text changes are to help the story flow better.

It is no problem!

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

But Marcus is a(n admittedly axe wielding) paladin in the other 2.5 games. I kind of liked being rewarded for not needing Eagler with exp from sacrifice (way more than he'd get from combat) I guess I can live without, though.

Geese is a lithe pirate. Cool. So it's Berzerker or Raider now. Is Treck the cohort? I wouldn't riot if Oujay was the zwei. It'd be a lot of armours at once, though. Still need a crossbow man and a soldier. I assume the problem with making a list is how prone to change it'd be.

Can you miss out on skills if you promote at lvl 14?

Glad there's text changes. I don't think 6 is the best written. Myke's writing should be a feature that's included in FEXNA.

Edited by deranger

But Marcus is a(n admittedly axe wielding) paladin in the other 2.5 games. I kind of liked being rewarded for not needing Eagler with exp from sacrifice (way more than he'd get from combat) I guess I can live without, though.

Geese is a lithe pirate. Cool. So it's Berzerker or Raider now. Is Treck the cohort? I wouldn't riot if Oujay was the zwei. It'd be a lot of armours at once, though. Still need a crossbow man and a soldier. I assume the problem with making a list is how prone to change it'd be.

Can you miss out on skills if you promote at lvl 14?

Glad there's text changes. I don't think 6 is the best written. Myke's writing should be a feature that's included in FEXNA.

Marcus still gets his access to axes(he actually doesn't get them in fe7x).

Treck is a cohort, Ogier has already been posted as a merc; crossbow/soldier/zwei are all OCs

No; all t2's get the t1 skills at level 1

I wish I had myke sigh

Marcus still gets his access to axes(he actually doesn't get them in fe7x).

Right. I knew that. He also doesn't get them in Elibean Nights, which was ~0.75 of what I was thinking of, too. Was thinking 6 and 7, even though this is replacing 6. Whoops. When you said all weapons, you weren't including bows, were you? Mostly because a high quality animation of that doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.

I like most of your reclasses. Barth's sprite being smaller than Wendy's is a little jarring, but that's just how the sprites worked out. Is Jerrot going to use paladin animations, not great knight ones? I'm guessing Hugh is going to be the shaman (7x Shaman). Any scholars (Rey?), diviners (Saul?), or witches?

Right. I knew that. He also doesn't get them in Elibean Nights, which was ~0.75 of what I was thinking of, too. Was thinking 6 and 7, even though this is replacing 6. Whoops. When you said all weapons, you weren't including bows, were you? Mostly because a high quality animation of that doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.

I like most of your reclasses. Barth's sprite being smaller than Wendy's is a little jarring, but that's just how the sprites worked out. Is Jerrot going to use paladin animations, not great knight ones? I'm guessing Hugh is going to be the shaman (7x Shaman). Any scholars (Rey?), diviners (Saul?), or witches?

I was including bows.

Jerrot is a something right now, not sure what.

As for the others... just wait a bit, I feel like I'm spilling too much too quickly lol

I was including bows.

Ooh. Exciting. Have a plan for the sprite yet?

I also forgot to mention how awesome it is that the base is now a thing. Base conversations will be cool. Will most of them be OC? FE6 characters could use fleshing out almost as much as FE11 ones could. Will supports grow differently (from deployment together, instead of just adjacency)? That'd be nice. Maybe a better shop than the basics one available in FE6. Looks like training is taken out, though. Maybe only make units that didn't participate in the previous battle allowed in training, if it'd screw with the levels too much? Just an idea.

Do you have a certain chapter you want to get to before releasing pls don't hurt me.

Edited by deranger

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so instead of killing myself working ~19 hour days trying to get everything nice and clean for the first release, I'll just delay it until FEE3 with the addition of hard mode being implemented.

I would fake apologize again, but you don't want that.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so instead of killing myself working ~19 hour days trying to get everything nice and clean for the first release, I'll just delay it until FEE3 with the addition of hard mode being implemented.

I would fake apologize again, but you don't want that.

That is okay, I can wait more.

Just goes from bad to worse with this guy

Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Uther dies, dumping Ostia on him. Lyn decides to go to Sacae, dumping Caelin on him too. Zephiel invades and he dies, leaving a now orphaned daughter.

Hector just can't have nice things.

Is that map 8x? Seems pretty good and, is that an Arms Scroll? Or something else entirely?

Lyn leaving Hector, huh? And mugs from Elibian Nights.

Erik is a Paladin now, and it seems you can get a halberd early on so he's a bag of EXP.

I don't know anything noticeable in the last pic, maybe that you can use killing weapons in the arena.

Is that map 8x? Seems pretty good and, is that an Arms Scroll? Or something else entirely?

Yes 8x, yes arms scroll

Lyn leaving Hector, huh? And mugs from Elibian Nights.

Lyn left them all, he's just taking it personally.

Erik is a Paladin now, and it seems you can get a halberd early on so he's a bag of EXP.

You could always get a halberd and not exactly @ bag of exp

I don't know anything noticeable in the last pic, maybe that you can use killing weapons in the arena.

First time roy has been in a screenshot

Man that Hector part is depressing. I'm hoping we can have Lyn marry Hector so that doesn't happen to him.

Nnnnnnnnnnope

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow I'd definitely try this, after playing FE7 I went to 6 and well felt disconnected with it probably because it felt like a lack of continuity or the characters didn't really interact as much but then again 7 DID come after 6, but I like how it seems your going to add some bridging stuff to make it feel more connected to 7 so thats a pretty neat idea by itself.

Are you also planning on changing all the mugs? I see Lilina had a mug change that kind of surprised me, and Eliwood? or is that supposed to be 20ish old eliwood? Either way i hope not all the mugs get changed, it would take some getting used to, from what I've seen them originally but on that note I actually like some of the others like dorothy and Allen (Allen I actually like this version he looks pretty badass).

Probably one of the mugs from the top of my head, that I'd like kept is probably Hugh,he looks smug and curious like that and still somehow manages to resemble Canas, goes well with his personality, he's a funny guy.

Another thing I you mentioned dropping characters? You mentioned in an earlier Karel being dropped? while I really did like Karel, I understand your reasoning but how would this now affect supports and support conversations? or your just gonna scrap that as well? Someone else above mentioned just maybe having karel in the village to give you something nice instead if your going through with it, once you reach Brenya's map.

Also are you planning on changing anything support related? like the bonuses, adding more or removing conversations etc.

Uggh too many questions! XD but I'll leave these here for now, happy to see this in the making and in the same kind of system as FE7x.