what does b route have

I'm assuming you're talking about the Western Isles split, and not the Ilia/Sacae one?

B route gives you Bartre and Elphin, as well as an extra Swordreaver, Barrier, Elixir, Red Gem, and Energy Ring. For comparison, A route gives you Echidna and Lalum, as well as 5000G, Restore, Axereaver, and Angelic Robe. Everything else important (Speedwings, Wyrmslayer, Brave Axe, promotion items, etc.) you get in both routes.

That I don't remember. The time frames are probably similar, but you could always check a site that shows when enemy reinforcements spawn, since I believe the enemies that go after the villages are all reinforcements (I'm pretty sure this is true of A route, not 100% sure about B route, though).

A route's pretty much the better route, since Echidna is a better unit than Bartre and you get Gonzales at a lower level with the same bases, meaning he has more growing room. Elphin and Lalum are pretty interchangeable though.

EDIT: Oh, and you also get an arena in A route.

Edited by Matthewtheman

oh okay. too bad gonzale's skill is ass in this game ): he'd be better if he joined with those bases and level in fe 7 hhm

Yeah, that's Gonzales's main problem. He hits fast and hard, but only if he hits at all. He's definitely a good candidate for any Secret Books you may have. I tend to use Geese instead, since while he may not hit as fast or hard, instead opting for more balanced stats, he can actually hit. It's also worth noting that A route Gonzales also has a higher weapon rank.