My Only Real Problem With Fates

Rowlet

I know for sure that I won't be the only one who has this peeve with Fates (and Awakening too), but I wish that every character could have supports with each other. Maybe it is just me, but when I play through Revelations, I expect everyone to communicate with each other. Even if it is a frenemy type of support, I feel like there is a lot of wasted potential for character growth and interactions.

Oh well, I love Fates anyway, so I'm not too bummed out about it. <3

That is a rarity in these parts. Most of time, I see people complaining about how there is too much supports on people with little chemistry which is why we get a lot of bad supports like Azama and Sakura or Hinata and Peri. I mean, yeah those supports were bad because they could have been handled better, but when every single unit has a support with every opposite gender, it does get overwhelming.

I mean, that is not counting the Avatar (which is more or less a reflection of you), imagine every single unit being able to support with each other. The entire support grinding would be using Seed of Trust everywhere, and people complaining about how tedious the process is.

But hey, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of good potential wasted because of the limitation. This include class/mod examples like Azama x Charlotte would net you a broken Mitama, or wasted potential like Azura x Camilla for some backstory on Nohr's past.

So yeah, there are some positive and negatives to this issue. I do feel like some character potentials are wasted and could be touched upon, yet the tedious grinding and developing might be too overwhelming for a casual player.

I actually am a little on the fence about the issue myself. Some of the supports that are already there are shorter than a skirting board ladder... on the other hand, things like Aunt/Uncle - Niece/Nephew conversations would be interesting. As would interactions between any parents to children other than their own (or their sibling's if we're including the other thing).

I mean, look at Awakening briefly and think, how interesting would it have been for a Grandparent/Grandchild conversation between Chrom and Morgan? Or maybe Priam and Laurent, Sully and Inigo etc.

In any case, it's worth noting that quality and quantity are different things. I'd love more options, but... would the conversations themselves really be worth it?

I honesty think there are too may S-supports in this game. I get why they do it, but I would prefer if IS would make it so each character only gets like 8 or so S-supports and then makes each one really good

The amount of supports in this means that there are so many filler supports that just aren't very good

I can see why people don't like that there are too many Supports in the game, but I also see where OP is coming from. I wish we could have gotten a few extra pairings in Rev.

Like, it sucks that Leo and Oboro can't be paired.

I could definitely get behind fewer S-ranks but more C-A supports.

However, overall I'd also prefer quality. And in a large army, not everyone would interact with everyone else.

More C-A supports would be nice. I feel like we've already got some good S supports, but there is potential for interesting interaction between frenemies and learning more about the characters as a whole, especially those we don't really know well (like retainers, they kinda just hop on the bandwagon).

Filling out Fates' Support Log is a nightmare compared to Awakening's. 71 charaters in Fates vs. 51 characters in Awakening.

The main solace is that collecting individual supports is easier in Fates than in Awakening (like sibling supports in Awakening take more effort than grinding for S-supports in the same game).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Maybe it's just me, but there are too much supports, especially when some aren't even needed. I don't mind support grinding but some might find it overwhelming. Also, you can't expect 60+ units to interact with each other.

Here's an idea that may balance out the amount of support each unit gets: have those with more outgoing personality have more supports than those who aren't.

I actually don't know what to make of this idea...

I get that it's to have a variety in second gen characters in terms of classes and stats, but I would rather have a fewer S supports with good synergy (also in terms of stats and class) and more C-A...and relevant supports.

Filling out Fates' Support Log is a nightmare compared to Awakening's. 71 charaters in Fates vs. 51 characters in Awakening.

Tell me about it! I've logged over 400 hours and I'm about 3/4 of the way through support unlocking. On the plus side, if you enjoy the supports, it makes for great replayability, because there are so many dozens of combinations.