General E3 2016 Thread

Tryhard

A little late but since no-one made one yet I figured I may as well even though there is only Nintendo left that is currently running.

For what it's worth, though, I thought both Microsoft and Sony did well, not fantastically, but very well. Sony have really done consistently good or great shows since the PS4 came out. Microsoft did the best they've done in recent years, which isn't exactly an amazing feat IMO but... better.

Edited by Tryhard

I saw MagzTV review Bethesda's livestream on his channel. A lot of their upcoming seems to be really good, especially Quake Resurgence, Fallout Shelter, and Dishonored 2. However, I want to know why they feel that Skyrim needs an HD remaster for PS4/Xbox One?

However, I want to know why they feel that Skyrim needs an HD remaster for PS4/Xbox One?

Couple reasons: Skyrim is the most commercially successful Elder Scrolls.

Skyrim also requires the least amount of work to upgrade compared to Oblivion or Morrowind, even though I would probably prefer to see that.

They probably want a few small projects as they are working on larger things, and this is one a smaller team could be assigned to.

I do get it free in account of me having the game and all the DLC but PC mods probably already do what they're planning so I don't really care either way.

Edited by Tryhard

Like, I'm not even sure how to judge what Nintendo have though. They don't have a conference, so it's legit me trying to judge about their ability to show off two games.

I mean, yeah, they sure adequately showed off those two games.

Does Nintendo even want to be at E3 at all? I'm not so sure. I was thinking that they were going to just skip it but felt that they had an obligation.

that is true, I believe they will show a couple more tomorrow and Thursday specifically but it is just a weird set-up

even then they said that there wouldn't be much we didn't know about iirc

Edited by Tryhard

I saw MagzTV review Bethesda's livestream on his channel. A lot of their upcoming seems to be really good, especially Quake Resurgence, Fallout Shelter, and Dishonored 2. However, I want to know why they feel that Skyrim needs an HD remaster for PS4/Xbox One?

I agree with the Skyrim remaster I mean I guess they wanna cash in but shit I'm still blown away by the 2K and 4K mods on Nexus for PC.

Like, I'm not even sure how to judge what Nintendo have though. They don't have a conference, so it's legit me trying to judge about their ability to show off two games.

I mean, yeah, they sure adequately showed off those two games.

Does Nintendo even want to be at E3 at all? I'm not so sure. I was thinking that they were going to just skip it but felt that they had an obligation.

Too much money to rent the space and do these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft and Sony leaving it behind in a couple of years.

Too much money to rent the space and do these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft and Sony leaving it behind in a couple of years.

Nintendo have the money to throw around if they wanted to. You can't really buy things to show when there isn't many third parties working on software for your console in a short time period, though.

I don't mean to be negative, but it's nice to have a presentation that gamers can look forward to every year. It just seems as though Nintendo don't care when they do things like this, not like back in 2010 when they had a great presentation (and suddenly it doesn't matter? Come on, you know if Sony or Microsoft announced they were dropping out of E3 or only taking one or two games while the others weren't you'd be roasting them), and the fans were so grateful for it back then. And maybe that's true, maybe they don't care anymore and for good reason. But what does that suggest to their fans?

Edited by Tryhard

Nintendo have the money to throw around if they wanted to. You can't really buy things to show when there isn't many third parties working on software for your console in a short time period, though.

I don't mean to be negative, but it's nice to have a presentation that gamers can look forward to every year. It just seems as though Nintendo don't care when they do things like this, not like back in 2010 when they had a great presentation (and suddenly it doesn't matter? Come on, you know if Sony or Microsoft announced they were dropping out of E3 or only taking one or two games while the others weren't you'd be roasting them), and the fans were so grateful for it back then. And maybe that's true, maybe they don't care anymore and for good reason. But what does that suggest to their fans?

Personally I couldn't care less for E3 for anyone for alot of reasons I guess including real life stuff going on. Part of it I think is just the prevalence of the Internet and things like Youtube and twitter make it that much easier (and cheaper) to present things and get things across to people. While I like to see the full blown presentations (my fondest memories include the announcement of Twilight Princess and Halo 2) I can see why they don't. Part of the problem I think is when they closed it off to the public. I mean I think when it is open to all those people it gives companies an extra motive to hit it out of the park and when you get rid of that they no longer have that.

I agree with the Skyrim remaster I mean I guess they wanna cash in but shit I'm still blown away by the 2K and 4K mods on Nexus for PC.

And that's exactly why we don't need this. Where Bethesda could be putting all this time and effort into TES VI, they're working on something that fans already do for them. The fans will do your HD Remasters Bethesda, you just focus on putting out games and DLC.

Paper Mario: Color Splash is on for Nintendo right now! :D

AND WE GET TO FIND HIDDEN PAPER LUIGIS OMG. That'll be so fun! I love Luigi! <3

A new mechanic is using scissors to cut away some stuff in the game world, and Treehouse found Luigi this way. This game is looking so fun!

Personally I couldn't care less for E3 for anyone for alot of reasons I guess including real life stuff going on. Part of it I think is just the prevalence of the Internet and things like Youtube and twitter make it that much easier (and cheaper) to present things and get things across to people. While I like to see the full blown presentations (my fondest memories include the announcement of Twilight Princess and Halo 2) I can see why they don't. Part of the problem I think is when they closed it off to the public. I mean I think when it is open to all those people it gives companies an extra motive to hit it out of the park and when you get rid of that they no longer have that.

I can see it, but eh. A lot more people just watch it from home now, it's still important enough to be major gaming news. It's just disappointing.

And that's exactly why we don't need this. Where Bethesda could be putting all this time and effort into TES VI, they're working on something that fans already do for them. The fans will do your HD Remasters Bethesda, you just focus on putting out games and DLC.

They most likely are working on TES6: http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-6-confirmed-bethesda/

I have heard rumours that it will be Valenwood but no confirmation yet.

They're just working on a project on the side from a smaller team they know will make a decent amount of money from people not willing/able to play on PC.

Edited by Tryhard

Is it really a surprise? Ninty hasn't cared about their E3 showing for years (one of the effects of the late old man Yamauchi burning bridges with every third party videogame company that existed)

Be glad there's even LoZ & not just Pokemon

EA: well Andromeda & Battlefield looks pretty at least.

Beth: Prey, Dishonored 2(this I'm getting), but still rather Morrowind getting the remaster

Don't care about Windows 10.

Ubi: ...they are the publishers for South Park: The Fractured but Whole right? And not sure if I care about Watch Dogs 2.

Sony: Don't own a PS4 but they are getting a new Gow & RE7. TLG 's releasing this year. And of course, Kojima-sama.

Is it really a surprise? Ninty hasn't cared about their E3 showing for years (one of the effects of the late old man Yamauchi burning bridges with every third party videogame company that existed)

Be glad there's even LoZ & not just Pokemon

Considering Iwata said they would do better in future digital events before he died, kinda yes. Considering what I've seen in the past few years, not really.

I'm not "glad" either way. I haven't cared about Nintendo consoles in some time. I just want to see a good presentation (or well... even a live conference, all of them have had bad years, specifically Wii Music in 2008 and 599 US dollars and RIDGE RACER for the PS3 launch) so we can have some more competition. Sony having a better showing every year isn't good for the video game industry. I'd rather them actually try to do better or just not go to E3 instead of hanging around it, but that just might be my feeling since I seem to be more disappointed then actual Nintendo fans.

Edited by Tryhard

Aside from Zelda, I was happy to hear about Crash Bandicoot. It may not be the news I was hoping for, but remasters and a Skylanders appearance are better than nothing! Hopefully, if they're successful, it'll convince them to finally make a proper new Crash game.

Spider-Man looked pretty cool, too. I'm a tad worried it may be too much like some past Spidey games, though. Hopefully it'll surprise me!

coming from someone who knows hardly anything about the character or series in general

the spider-man game looks really, really cool, and seems like it would be really fun if it's done well

prey looks kinda nice i guess

so does resident evil 7

new zelda looks decent too, though I've played a few zelda games and i've generally not liked them much

although considering the newest console I have is a PS3 I doubt i'll be able to play any of these any time soon

if anything i'll probably get a ps4 first and i think sony interested me the most at e3 anyway

Edited by maybe

The hype around this E3 and the games featured actually made me re-asses what I value in video games, and I'm actually planning on selling tons of stuff on amazon because of it. For me, Ridge Racer was the best game shown, although the presentation was nothing compared to what other games got, although I've already determined that I will not buy them, as GAMES, so If I can help it I won't buy anything released this year at all.