I need some male hair advice.

Zerxen

Recently I got a haircut that was botched by my barber. As seen on the picture one side of my haid has hair sticking up and failed to be cut. Normally when I get haircuts, the top of my hair is about an inch long and faces foward. As for my sides, they are kept short at a No. 1 or No. 2. Can anyone give advice on what to get next time to fix this bad haircut? I am considering going to another barber next time.post-16997-0-27755500-1465952280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zerxen

The pictures are a bit small, so I can't make it out very well, but you could always get a buzz cut and let it grow out naturally. You could always get an electric trimmer with a guard to keep the length you want.

Edited by Rezzy

The pictures are a bit small, so I can't make it out very well, but you could always get a buzz cut and let it grow out naturally. You could always get an electric trimmer with a guard to keep the length you want.

What about the sides? I have puffy hair in the sides that stick out like porcupines so I have to keep it short.

I'm not a huge fan of the side-shaved-long-on-top look, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but from the photo, the top looks a bit too high, so maybe you could trim the top a bit and taper the sides with an electric trimmer.

PS: I thought this said "I need some male heir advice." and I thought to myself "Well, I do have a son."

I'm not a huge fan of the side-shaved-long-on-top look, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but from the photo, the top looks a bit too high, so maybe you could trim the top a bit and taper the sides with an electric trimmer.

PS: I thought this said "I need some male heir advice." and I thought to myself "Well, I do have a son."

To each is own. I did get the top trimmed, the reason why it looked up was that it wasn't long enough. Hair goes down with weight.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, June 15, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, June 15, 2016 - No reason given

To each is own. I did get the top trimmed, the reason why it looked high was that it wasn't long enough. Hair goes down with weight.

How do you delete a comment? Sorry I am doing this on my phone and something weird happened.

Edited by Zerxen

To each is own. I did get the top trimmed, the reason why it looked up was that it wasn't long enough. Hair goes down with weight.

True, it's in that awkward middle stage where it stays up. In the long run, letting it grow out will make it look a bit better, but if you keep it short long term, it would look good as well.

True, it's in that awkward middle stage where it stays up. In the long run, letting it grow out will make it look a bit better, but if you keep it short long term, it would look good as well.

I get a haircut about every other week. Should I bother trimming the top to let it grow out? For sure, I will cut the sides.

I get a haircut about every other week. Should I bother trimming the top to let it grow out? For sure, I will cut the sides.

If you're going to get a hair cut that soon, I say keep it short. It won't really have enough time to get past the awkward length.

If you're going to get a hair cut that soon, I say keep it short. It won't really have enough time to get past the awkward length.

I would disagree. Last year before I gave my entire hair a buzzcut, my hair (on top) was about two inches long. I visited the barber about every 2-3 weeks for him to trim it while it did a buzz cut to the sides. The amount he trimmed from my head is equivalent to the size of an eraser's pencil. My hair seems to grow faster compared to most people so maybe that's the reason.

Edited by Zerxen

• 4 weeks later...

I say grow it out, man. Not enough guys do anymore. Everybody and his brother's got some kind of fade or undercut these days. Even a bit of length will lend an air of confidence to your demeanor, and nobody's going to think "hipster wannabe" without first thoroughly considering "'80s movie star".

• 2 weeks later...

I have my hair relatively long now something that helps with the poofy ness on the sides is if you wash your hair with cold water. It helps it stay down more instead of going in all different directions. Also don't shampoo your head everytime in the shower. If you really need to be conservative with it. Shampoo tends to dry out your hair making it poof out like a mushroom.