How to speedrun Thracia 776 ?

ryuta-ryuta

I'm not sure, but you'd probably want to play on Paragon Mode at the very least.

Yeah lol Normal mode will be totally killing me.

In my opnion, Asbel chart will be the fastest since he is strong and needs only 1 Repair. You can use Warp 3 times more than Fergus.

I'd do it like this:

That was segmented run. I've seen this before but found that very similar chart as above. There was no final time written as well but maybe 2:30 or something.

Edited by daisukiitalia

Go buy the Nintendo Power issues linked to it.

In all seriousness (though this would help, the difficulty of the game vanishes entirely if you're not playing it blind and know where the ambush spawns are) the warp staff will make the game laughably fast, on top of not bothering with capturing every unit you come into contact with. Kill the bare minimum of enemy units, just enough to get by and keep your units decently trained. Maybe don't bother with Xavier, that's a given for a speedrun because that's like 1/5 of the game play time recruiting him alone. Maybe don't bother with most of the recruitable characters unless it won't slow you down. I'd go with a few staff users because Warp abuse will definitely make shit fly by. I've never been one for speedruns, I'm a completionist, but I have done a few and that's generally my method.

Edited by Mikhail Naumov

Go buy the Nintendo Power issues linked to it.

In all seriousness (though this would help, the difficulty of the game vanishes entirely if you're not playing it blind and know where the ambush spawns are) the warp staff will make the game laughably fast, on top of not bothering with capturing every unit you come into contact with. Kill the bare minimum of enemy units, just enough to get by and keep your units decently trained. Maybe don't bother with Xavier, that's a given for a speedrun because that's like 1/5 of the game play time recruiting him alone. Maybe don't bother with most of the recruitable characters unless it won't slow you down. I'd go with a few staff users because Warp abuse will definitely make shit fly by. I've never been one for speedruns, I'm a completionist, but I have done a few and that's generally my method.

You only have one warp staff, one sleep staff, and one return staff for a while, so this is one of those FE games which is all about counting staff and hamerne uses (it helps that you can repair broken weapons). You also have to decide things like if it is worth spending the time to get asvel or a dancer. I also recomend you watch dondon's 0% growths LTC playthrough.

i would recommend not speedrunning FE5. there are so many luck-contingent aspects that the game would suck for consistency.

you basically want to leif solo as much as possible. skip asvel and kill tanya to avoid chapter 8x while keeping dagdar. asvel would only really help with the chapter 10 boss (mareeta can tackle the lategame bosses), so of course you have to figure out a way to beat the chapter 10 boss with very few options because you should be leaving behind everyone in manster except for like, lara.

Dondon is right, considering the ambush spawns in this game are flung at you like overpriced crap on a tourist's vacation there will be times that no matter how well you play the RNG falls outside of your favor and absolutely FISTS you. Though this is rare in my personal experience.

The one warp staff isn't an issue when you can restore uses with it, you definitely can't warp abuse through every chapter but there's around 3 chapters in particular where the Warp staff can save you a LOT of time.