Ever Oasis (New Nintendo IP RPG for Nintendo 3DS) Discussion

King Marth 64

I just saw GameXplain mentions that the Treehouse that will be presented in tomorrow's E3 presentation. This brand new IP will be a RPG that is going to be coming to the Nintendo 3DS. But, I just wondered what new RPG series that we will be seeing directly from Nintendo tomorrow?

Edit from June 15th: It's confirmed to be as Ever Oasis developed by Grezzo.

Here's the gameplay footage from the E3 and I did made a Miiverse drawing of the Protagonist for the next Super Smash Bros. title for the NX.

Edited by King Marth 64

To echo Hardin, this better be something actually NEW and not a port/localization.

EDIT: Considering it's billed as "Nintendo 3DS Action/Adventure/RPG Debut Gameplay", it most likely is.

Edited by The DanMan

Good thing it's something new or who knows what DanMan would have done.

Anyway, this looks cute. Might give it a shot if I have the time.

Looks alright

I see what they're going for, but I'm not really tempted by it. It doesn't feel as original as I hoped it'd be for the New Nintendo IP.

Looks alright

I see what they're going for, but I'm not really tempted by it. It doesn't feel as original as I hoped it'd be for the New Nintendo IP.

I share the sentiment. Seems like a fun little thing but not exactly my thing. It's feels like a game I'd buy at a discount price.

I guess I just wanted a more serious looking IP since most of their recent titles are geared for lighthearted experiences. I'm sure it will do fine and hopefully it can get some recognition.

I do feel kinda tempted by this because of the dungeon bits (since I love these things about Zelda, after all) and some other little things, but I don't know yet. I guess I'll be making a decision on this game later. :P I'm not big on the design of the main character though, hopefully the female version looks better.

Miura is cool though! (the spear lizard)

Edited by Anacybele

ok actual thoughts:

ClA2rGtXEAAx1k7.jpg

ClA13JoWgAEvo1h.jpg

The "Elieson Thoughts" Pluses

• + • Director Ishi knows his stuff, being as he invented the FF job system and invented Moogles. the Noots look adorable

• + • Music is fine. Egyptian-based artwork and character design looks smooth and inspired. Again, Ishi knows his way around making a game look pretty.

• + • Battle system advertised as Dynamic, with lots left unseen. Hopefully encourages diverse use as game progresses. We haven't seen much more than party-based Hack n' Slash though...basically .Hack// The Nintendo Game. It's not good until it's bad...?

• + • Overall "story" of "Brother mysteriously vanishes thanks to the Chaos and I'd love to find him one day, but I need to build this desert oasis first" has the potential to grow, if emphasis on the oasis makes things matter in the overall plot. It hasn't been ignored/ruined yet, so it could still turn into something. Ishia (Water goddess...might've spelled wrong) might develop into plot relevance. Sing it with me: "It's good until it's bad, right folks?!"

The "Elieson Thoughts" Not Pluses

• - • Art Style is nothing unique. It looks nice, but not ultra attention drawing. No biggee though. Shantae is about the same and that's a cult hit

• - • The formula of instead of shopping for stuff, start out by

1. Build-your-stores
  2. attract-customers
  3. profit-from-them
  4. expand-village
  5. repeat

Doesn't really come across to me as "New and Exciting". It's like Facebook's Café World from the early 2000s. Cook a bunch of food and then leave it out. Over time, customers come and buy food. You take those profits to cook more / new food, rinse wash and repeat.

• - • Dungeon exploration as a party that you can switch party members on the fly with was done poorly in Triforce Heroes, and while essentially mandatory and kind of cool for this game, will likely get very very samey as you go through dozens of dungeons with the same general idea of "Find X, Switch to Y, then find Z and switch..." formula. I see it getting boring really fast, even with the advertised addition of new party members. Honestly reminds me more of the exploration aspects of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and while that's neat and quirky, it's not enough to maintain my affection as a fan.

• - • While watching battles occur, I noticed that the Party AI is pretty terrible, as they only move to attack a target that you're attacking OR if you move more than a few steps away from them. This means that they stand still while enemies cast spells, unless you move far enough to drag them out of the way as if they're attached to you by a leash. This will get frustrating fast, unless you like having dead party members

If you got more out of this than I did, please slap me in the face and call me wrong.

Music's pretty good. Unfortunately, that's all that caught my interest. Unless there's something super-revolutionary about the gameplay, I'll probably sit this one out.