Ever Oasis (New Nintendo IP RPG for Nintendo 3DS) Discussion

King Marth 64

First of all...

This is Grezzo's original IP, being published by Nintendo. This is not 1st party Nintendo.

With that out of the way, I'd like to say I'm glad that Grezzo has graduated from ports and spinoffs. Their port/remake work on OoT and Majora's Mask is nothing short of spectacular, even with the smidgeon of new bugs introduced these games more or less are the definitive way to play those two games for the average audience (ie non speedrunners). Triforce Heroes was slightly less good, with the rigidity of 1 or 3 players I found it impossible to play with my husband at home or with my friends at the pub, since it always seemed to me around 2 or 4 people. I didn't want to play online which made it less fun than Four Swords.

As for this art style, it's cute but nothing terribly original looking. The gameplay reminds me of Fantasy Life which was a pretty fun romp. I assume this game will skew pretty young and might feel boring if there's too much plot involved like Fantasy Life's story. When the narrative's not gripping it does get annoying when the game is too chatty. If the dialogue is kept to a minimum like some early Harvest Moon games or something I feel that's just about right for a game like this, since I doubt it has that many surprises to trot out. I just hope they focus on making the gameplay fun.

With that out of the way, I'd like to say I'm glad that Grezzo has graduated from ports and spinoffs. Their port/remake work on OoT and Majora's Mask is nothing short of spectacular, even with the smidgeon of new bugs introduced these games more or less are the definitive way to play those two games for the average audience (ie non speedrunners). Triforce Heroes was slightly less good, with the rigidity of 1 or 3 players I found it impossible to play with my husband at home or with my friends at the pub, since it always seemed to me around 2 or 4 people. I didn't want to play online which made it less fun than Four Swords.

I have to disagree if that, I can say that all the remakes for the 3D Zelda games have been the definitive versions of their games except for majora's mask 3D, which introduced three positive changes (better graphics, new song of double time, and new stone mask location). But also introduced a myriad of new problems that were not in the original by drastically changing the bosses, swimming, and ice arrows for no reason. I hope the Nintendo doesn't use this remake as their future blueprint for future remakes, as many of these changes were half-baked at best.

Granted it is my favorite game of all time, so I guess I'm kind of biased. But I really felt the new changes to swimming made the great bay area drag like nothing else. Also while Gyorg and Twinmold we're hardly the best boss fights in the world, their new versions are notably worse. And they also made the other two bosses easier as well as adding massive eyes as weak spots for no reason (which are real eye sores, get it?) which I don't draw too much issue with, but still why?

The sad thing is I think Nintendo's going to keep all the boss changes because no one really discussed them in reviews out of fear of spoilers. I know I always have the N64 version, but is it such a sin to want a remake as faithful as all the other Zelda games received? A game that's a definitive upgrade to the original rather than having several caveats that make it slightly worse. Sorry for this rant, it's just the N64 games age so poorly and I wanted so badly a version of majora's mask that doesn't look like crap...

Edit: on actual topic this game is not really my thing not digging the art style...

Edited by Locke087

It bothers me that your avatar and your signature picture have inconsistencies, because i feel like they are intended to be the same character

They are indeed the same character, my sig is from the anime while the avy is from a card game which shares the same style from the main games(i think).