I slightly regret marrying Azura x Takumi...

Nihilon

I've resigned myself to the fact that relationships work very strangely in the FE/Fatesverse

The template is usually as follows:

C-Support: Your opinions are different than mine and that is unforgivable. We should never speak to each other again.

B-Support: Things are getting slightly better between us, maybe. Still don't like you though.

A-Support: You know what? You're not so bad. Perhaps we could be friends.

S-Support: How about we skip the friends part and fuck instead?

So instead of focusing on the stranger ones, I usually only consider the supports that turn out at least decent or better. Otherwise, who cares? Your children's stats are the only thing holding your bizarre relationship together.

I completely agree with you. The amount of hula hooping to justify Kamui not being related to the Hoshidans at all so that people can marry them was just utterly stupid and unnecessary. Not to mention, a previous FE game has had two pairs of genetic half-siblings who are really cousins be able to marry each other, in the same game where two half-siblings can get married by glitch, so technically FE has gone there before anyway. And that still doesn't address the big issue of "family" and "sibling love". If IS wanted to make a story on sibling love, they should've kept it that way and not let you marry siblings.

Azura is an odd duck in that as the way she is now, I could technically see her marrying Marx or Leon without too much squick? But Ryouma and Takumi, she grew up with and they see her as a sister and that's what their supports are about. It's just dumb. I personally think Azura should've just been another half-sister to the Nohrians in the first place.

And then they do

the cousins reveal

which just makes the whole thing seem pointless. Yes,

Japan and the medieval ages have different values than America, and I don't really mind cousin marriage, but it's just ridiculous after all the hoops they went through to avoid sibling incest. I don't mind stories including incest so long as they do something with it rather than making it an after-thought, and don't go back on their genuinely good themes! Otherwise it's just a fetish! That's the real difference between FE4 and Fates.

I'm kind of okay with her marrying Xander and Leo since they all know they aren't related and weren't raised together, but the step-children thing is still a bit leery to me and their supports weren't that great. And there's definitely no justification for marrying the men who were raised as her brothers and who she views as her brothers. I agree, she should have just been another of Garon's bastards who happened to stumble across the information about Valla. Before the plot or during it, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Abvora