Recess is over! Time for a SRW J draft!

Hello everyone! It's been one and a half years since the latest SRW draft was started, and a day since I finished it. So, of course, it's time to start up a new one. My usual partner in crime, Wen Yang, has unfortunately not logged in for a year, and I've copied more or less his rule set, which he copied from me, so its all good.

Rules:

You start off with a fresh save file, New game+ is not allowed.

The Banpresto Original unit (Including Vorlent) as well as the Archangel and Nadesico are free to use the entire game

Every other unit has to be drafted to be used without penalty, though there will be a lot of exceptions to this. The penalty for using an undrafted unit is 4 turns

Undrafted units are allowed to persuade and sit their asses in a battleship. They are also allowed to cast skills like accel, zeal and enable(on themselves) if it keeps enemies from attacking them. All other skills are forbidden. They may not be used for support attacks or team attacks. They may also not be used for friendship, love, rivalry or command aura bonuses.

There are exceptions to this and this comes into play with forced deployment. You are allowed the use of any and every forced unit who can't retreat into a battleship. This exception only lasts till they can retreat into a battleship. Also on the one beach episode map, you're allowed one free unit if you have no drafted units on the map. This exception lasts till reaching the unit deployment.

This draft is for 4 people

UNIT LIST:

Nadesico:
Aestivalis - Akito
Aestivalis - Hikaru
Aestivalis - Ryoko
Aestivalis - Izumi

Aestivalis - Gai
Aestivalis - Akatsuki
X-Aestivalis

Mazinger:
Mazinger Z > Mazinkaiser > Mazinkaiser KS
Great Mazinger
Aphrodite A > Venus A
Boss Borot
Million Alpha

Lonesome Supers:
Combattler V
Voltes V
Zeorymer > Great Zeorymer
Dancougar > Final Dancougar

Tekkaman:
Blue Earth
Tekkaman Blade + Pegas
Sol Tekkaman 1
Sol Tekkaman 2
Tekkaman Rapier

Brainpowerd:
Nakki Brain
Kant Brain
Brain Child (Kanan)
Brain Child (Higgins)
Yu Brain > Nelly Brain
Hime Brain
Nanga Brain
Lasse Brain
Baronz
Iiko Baronz

SPT Layzner:
Layzner > Mk.II > Enhanced
Baybull
Buldy
Greimkaiser
Bloodykaiser

Gundam SEED:
Strike Gundam
Freedom Gundam
Justice Gundam
Buster Gundam
Duel Gundam
Moebius Zero
Sky Grasper 1
Sky Grasper 2
M1 Astray
Strike Rouge Gundam
Eternal

Full Metal Panic!:
M9 Gernsback > ARX-7 Arbalest = Bonta-kun
M9 Gernsback (Mao)
M9 Gernsback (Kurz)

G Gundam:
Shining Gundam > God Gundam
Rose Gundam
Maxter Gundam
Dragon Gundam
Bolt Gundam
Rising Gundam
Nobel Gundam

Input on random.org gave the following drafting order:

1. Balcerzak: Mazinkaiser, Layzner, Hikaru, Baybull, Voltz V, Great Mazinger, Venus A, Ryoko, Izumi, Boss Borot, Million Alpha, Nobel Gundam, Buster Gundam, Bloodykaiser
2. Excellen: Dancougar, Zeorymer, Shining Gundam, Hime, Freedom Gundam, Yuu, Skygrasper 1, Nanga, Lasse, Rising Gundam, Baronz, Higgins, Kanan, X-aestivalis
3. Shinkuma: Combattler, Tekkaman Blade, Strike Gundam, Buldy, Maxter Gundam, Rose Gundam, Justice Gundam, Skygrasper 2, Nakki, Kant, Sol Tekkaman 1, Tekkaman Rapier, Eternal, Sol Tekkaman 2
4. Camtech: Akito, Blue Earth, Arbalest, Gai, Kurz, Mao, Strike Rouge, Duel Gundam, Bolt Gundam, Dragon Gundam, liko baronz, M1 Astray, Akatsuki, Moebius Zero

Free: Greimkaiser

Edited by Excellen Browning

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Camtech is in, which means we're now up to three players. I've also sent messages to a bunch of people, but they all turned it down.

As it stands, I'm in doubt. I could change the draft to a 4 player, like the first. But that would make it a bit easy to be honest. Another option would be to switch to another game, that allows a challenging four player.

We're currently at 4 signups. I'm sort of doubtful we can get to six, even with eclipse's offer to join. We can do a Z2 superdraft with 5, or do another game with 4. If we're doing another one, I'm personally in favor of doing a gba draft, because I lost my ds, and nds emulation isn't something I enjoy.

Do you guys have any opinions on this?

I'd give it just a little bit longer before feeling too pressed to make a decision. I've been too busy during the week to pester anybody about possibly joining, I might have to do some of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I've let this be for a while, and balzercak tried to recruit some other people for it, but we're still at four players plus an extra for a fifth. In my opinion a Z2 draft for 5 players makes things too easy, I'd like your opinions on what do do now. Mine is we switch to J and draft that.

Alright, since it seems no one has an opinion about this, I've decided that this will be a SRW J draft.

Which means the following participants:

Me

Camtech

Shinkuma

Balcerzak

Input on random.org gives the following drafting order:

1. Balcerzak

2. Me

3. Shinkuma

4. Camtech

I'll put the rules in the next post, balcerzak if you would edit them into the OP, it'd be much appreciated.

Rules:

You start off with a fresh save file, New game+ is not allowed.

The Banpresto Original unit (Including Vorlent) as well as the Archangel and Nadesico are free to use the entire game

Every other unit has to be drafted to be used without penalty, though there will be a lot of exceptions to this. The penalty for using an undrafted unit is 4 turns

Undrafted units are allowed to persuade and sit their asses in a battleship. They are also allowed to cast skills like accel, zeal and enable(on themselves) if it keeps enemies from attacking them. All other skills are forbidden. They may not be used for support attacks or team attacks. They may also not be used for friendship, love, rivalry or command aura bonuses.

There are exceptions to this and this comes into play with forced deployment. You are allowed the use of any and every forced unit who can't retreat into a battleship. This exception only lasts till they can retreat into a battleship. Also on the one beach episode map, you're allowed one free unit if you have no drafted units on the map. This exception lasts till reaching the unit deployment.

This draft is for 4 people

UNIT LIST:

Nadesico:

Aestivalis - Akito

Aestivalis - Hikaru

Aestivalis - Ryoko

Aestivalis - Izumi

Aestivalis - Gai

Aestivalis - Akatsuki

X-Aestivalis

Mazinger:

Mazinger Z > Mazinkaiser > Mazinkaiser KS

Great Mazinger

Aphrodite A > Venus A

Boss Borot

Million Alpha

Lonesome Supers:

Combattler V

Voltes V

Zeorymer > Great Zeorymer

Dancougar > Final Dancougar

Tekkaman:

Blue Earth

Tekkaman Blade + Pegas

Sol Tekkaman 1

Sol Tekkaman 2

Tekkaman Rapier

Brainpowerd:

Nakki Brain

Kant Brain

Brain Child (Kanan)

Brain Child (Higgins)

Yu Brain > Nelly Brain

Hime Brain

Nanga Brain

Lasse Brain

Baronz

Iiko Baronz

SPT Layzner:

Layzner > Mk.II > Enhanced

Baybull

Buldy

Greimkaiser

Bloodykaiser

Gundam SEED:

Strike Gundam

Freedom Gundam

Justice Gundam

Buster Gundam

Duel Gundam

Moebius Zero

Sky Grasper 1

Sky Grasper 2

M1 Astray

Strike Rouge Gundam

Eternal

Full Metal Panic!:

M9 Gernsback > ARX-7 Arbalest = Bonta-kun

M9 Gernsback (Mao)

M9 Gernsback (Kurz)

G Gundam:

Shining Gundam > God Gundam

Rose Gundam

Maxter Gundam

Dragon Gundam

Bolt Gundam

Rising Gundam

Nobel Gundam

You're up, balcerzak

Shinkuma hasn't been on SF in more than a week. For now, I'll draft for him, but if he doesn't show up within 24 hours, I'll be looking to replace him.

So, eclipse and other folks, if you would like to confirm interest in taking Shin's spot, that'd be super. The first to react will get the spot, assuming Shin doesn't show up. If you're unhappy with the team you have up till that point, we can look into restarting the draft.

Anyway, Shin will get Combatler V

i spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out if it was my turn (im hungover gimme a break) and still forgot how snake style draft works

Blue Earth